NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

42 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Rawls is so good when he is healthy, but he has never stayed healthy.

Less than 1 yard before contact is good? I think Rawls and Lacy don't possess the quickness to be very effective with Seattle's Oline.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Red Dog said:

Less than 1 yard before contact is good? I think Rawls and Lacy don't possess the quickness to be very effective with Seattle's Oline.

I don't know what you are talking about! Agree rawls been injured, but if you saw him two years ago, he was quick and fast and physical!! his small frame got him through the holes! If he is 100% ,he is quickest in the team! but too bad he is injured and not the same!

8 minutes ago, Ripster85 said:

I don't know what you are talking about! Agree rawls been injured, but if you saw him two years ago, he was quick and fast and physical!! his small frame got him through the holes! If he is 100% ,he is quickest in the team! but too bad he is injured and not the same!

If u saw lacey play his rookie year he ran over people so what's the point? That was then and this is now

17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

If u saw lacey play his rookie year he ran over people so what's the point? That was then and this is now

Lacy is not right comparison, lacy had weight issues and he still could not perform when healthy! All i am saying is we have not see rawls 100% healthy and getting good dose of carries! I myself dropped him in few leagues but there is always chance of him getting back to top if he is fully healthy; but i agree he does not look the same! 

1 minute ago, Ripster85 said:

Lacy is not right comparison, lacy had weight issues and he still could not perform when healthy! All i am saying is we have not see rawls 100% healthy and getting good dose of carries! I myself dropped him in few leagues but there is always chance of him getting back to top if he is fully healthy; but i agree he does not look the same! 

You like exclamation marks don't you ? :P

I think even if Rawls gets healthy, Carson will be getting carries regardless. The guy has been doing nothing but impressing every chance he gets in TC, PS and now regular season. 

3 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

You like exclamation marks don't you ? :P

I think even if Rawls gets healthy, Carson will be getting carries regardless. The guy has been doing nothing but impressing every chance he gets in TC, PS and now regular season. 

Yes bro, dnt know i why use that a lot lol . Anyways, i wish and hope Carson becomes starter but way Pete Caroll explains the situation , i dnt know what to do! I dropped Rawls for Carson and even spent lot of my FAAB on Carson in few leagues. I had to pick Rawls back up since talks about him getting more carries came up. The potential of rawls is what i am worried about - we can see committee as well. This whole sea hawk situation is a mess. See what Rams and Gurley did to Niners while those niners blew the air out of Rusell and Team! 

2 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Anyone concerned about the matchup? TEN was an elite run defense last year and just held Fournette to 14 carries 40 yards with no run longer than 7 and only saving his fantasy day with a garbage time TD.

Not really; Titans took a big lead in that one and Jags started throwing more. Fournette would have more yards if the game was close even though yards per carry were less! I think Carson is too talented to overcome that but yes, hawks oline worries me! I will start Carson if i have no other option. If you have a better option start him otherwise go with Carson! But wonder how many carries will rawls get.

16 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Anyone concerned about the matchup? TEN was an elite run defense last year and just held Fournette to 14 carries 40 yards with no run longer than 7 and only saving his fantasy day with a garbage time TD.

Not at all. Seahawks defense is going to pulverize the Titans. Say what you want about their offense, but that defense is going to eat regardless. It will be a close game, and game flow should work in Carson's favor

13 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I am. And about Seattle's OL and general lack of long drives and red zone opportunities and that Carson's big game was against SF who Gurley just really carved up. I'm thrilled to have Carson on my team and looking at the Colts and Rams coming up is promising, but he's on the bench guarding the Gatorade for my fantasy team this week. I'm taking a wait and see approach. I'm not ready to set him and forget him and assume that he is matchup proof. I'm thinking he becomes a rollout for good matchups as an RB2 and start at your own risk for other matchups, kind of player, and that's good enough for someone I picked up as a free agent for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, ccsae said:

Gurley did get a lot of FFP against SF,  but he didn't carve them up at all... that 2 ypc lol. Carson had 4+ ypc.  Just hoping Seattle's offense

gets on track finally.

Huh? Gurley had 28 for 113 which is 4 YPC.  And he had about 5-6 runs from the 1 yard line which are going to suppress his average.  

I am a big believer in Carson, drafted him in all 6 leagues I play in.  I am not rolling him out there this week because I need to see him do it one more week.  Lacy is not a threat.  Rawls does not look like a threat.  Prosise is a 3rd down back.  As all of the metrics outlined above have shown, he's been able to create for himself and can provide production in spite of the trash O line in front of him.  If Carson comes out this week and dominates touches again, I will plug him and leave him in my line up for the rest of the year.  IMO, I just need one more week to prove to me that he is the clear cut back.  It's evident he is clearly the most talented, no I just want to see one more game of him getting the touches.

well this is either ghost town thread come monday or we are partying like it's 1999.  it's another week for Rawls to "recover" so no more convenient excuses about being eased back as a reason for Carson getting carries.  definitely a tipping point game.  Carson needs to put in a good game again this week,  in both rushing and pass pro, can't leave an opening for timeshare.  the momentum is there for him to have the job  to himself.  the foundation was prepped in week 1, it was laid in week 2.  and now week 3 it is up to him to make sure it sets and he cements himself as the man.

2 years ago is a lifetime in football.

Rawls is a great player, he's just not the smartest player. The same thing that makes him so good (violent running style, power) is the same thing that ends up being his downfall. Carson is just a better overall football player.