NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

hard1

10 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The 20 carries last week waa telling.

Havent heard anything about rawls or lacy at all this week.

Until i hear something to the contrary i expect carson to start and get the lionshare of the carries.

He constantly makes something out of nothing.

If he gets 20 touches tommorow i think he can get 80-90yds and a TD.

Yep very telling. Gonna be good! Point I tried to make, Murray was injured and not going away, when healthy. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The 20 carries last week waa telling.

Havent heard anything about rawls or lacy at all this week.

Until i hear something to the contrary i expect carson to start and get the lionshare of the carries.

He constantly makes something out of nothing.

If he gets 20 touches tommorow i think he can get 80-90yds and a TD.

Actually Pete Boy on Monday said Rawls was intentionally limited in his carries for his first game back implying that  he may get more carries going forward.

He never indicated prior to the game Rawls would be limited but states after the game that it was already intended before the game. That's why I say you can't trust Petey Boy and what he says, we will see today. 

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Actually Pete Boy on Monday said Rawls was intentionally limited in his carries for his first game back implying that  he may get more carries going forward.

He never indicated prior to the game Rawls would be limited but states after the game that it was already intended before the game. That's why I say you can't trust Petey Boy and what he says, we will see today. 

Thats all good, carroll is a sunshine pumper. Ill go ahead with the guy who is proving it on the field.

13 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Just got a phone notification from ESPN that said "Chris Carson steps into Seattle backfield" IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

The ESPN app has been sending out a lot of these notifications this season. Consider alerts like these from their app nothing more than hype. I consider it click bait.

16 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Just got a phone notification from ESPN that said "Chris Carson steps into Seattle backfield" IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

just a blogger with a blurb getting u to click into the app.

You get more informed info collectively from the forum, the bloggers are usually behind. Guys here are putting players on the radar from the spring throughout preseason.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Rawls was healthy last week.  Full practice, not on injury report.  Saying that he intended to limit Rawl's carries is a face-saving move by Carroll as he hands the job to Carson.  Rawls, as the veteran, had every opportunity in the first half last week to establish himself, and he failed.  Both productive wise and eye test.  Carson is better.  The bottom line is that the SEA staff believes Carson gives them the best chance to win.  It will shock me if he is not the man today.  I'd expect a few carries to Rawls to keep him fresh, but it's Carson's backfield.

2 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Lacy probably worked hard this week in practice after being a scratch last week. Curious to see how this unfolds myself. 

I'm nervous,  might sub in Chris Johnson

1 minute ago, phisouza33 said:

welp this blows. lacy will probably have 20 carries and totally destroy carsons value

Your making it worse lol

2 minutes ago, Unknownx said:

I'm nervous,  might sub in Chris Johnson

Your making it worse lol

I still like Carson at least long term but yea, this is what I was afraid of.  Everyone gets at least 5 carries.  No one has value.  Still, ya just wait and see.

Edited by mikeflavaz

30 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Chris Carson goes with the first team offense during full team warmups.

The question with Carson is not if he is the guy.  It's his backfield now.  The question is how long his leash is.  Let's hope he gives us another strong effort today so we can just leave him in our lineups going forward.

19 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

The box score won't show it as well because they were trailing, but this is now totally Chris Carson's backfield. Lacy & Rawls were nowhere to be seen. 

RB2 with some RB1 weeks ROS. Let's enjoy the ride!!!

We can only hope so because he wasn't great today.