NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

hard1

18 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

RB3 with RB2 upside.

Maybe in 10 team leagues or if you're stacked at RB.

He's losing some passing down work but otherwise it looks like the backfield is completely his.  That's a solid RB2 if he receives goalline carries, which we didn't get to see today.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Maybe in 10 team leagues or if you're stacked at RB.

He's losing some passing down work but otherwise it looks like the backfield is completely his.  That's a solid RB2 if he receives goalline carries, which we didn't get to see today.

if ur stacked at rb u should trade him to upgrade another position on ur team. he is the hottest trending waiver wire pickup and better to move him now before  everyone in ur league realizes how bad seattle really is.

23 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Sorry if I'm being a lazy nelly but didn't Gordon and ajayi have a full workload? Was there any cause for concern? I've heard of ajayi and his  (knee)? But nothing with Gordon really substantial 

Gordon left in the middle of the game with a knee injury although he ended the game. 

Ajayi was limited during practice all ice all week with knee issues as well. Plus, there’s concern for Ajayi cause Bad Jay could strike at any game. 

Carson slightly exceed my expectations. I expected 10 he got 13 something.  His upside remains capped.

Henry slightly disappointed, worse he didn’t take the starter job.  He’s clearly in the back seet, until Murray get injured.

Both are stashes, though I’ll roll with Carson next week because of injuries...

8 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Pretty ho-hum today right? If he doesn't score that TD I think everybody would be jumping ship.

Was excited for both Carson and D.Henry's opportunity today.....pretty big letdown.

From a statistical standpoint I agree with you, but from what I saw of Carson I was pretty impressed. He reminds me of a bigger Rawls in his prime, good burst and runs damn hard. Of course the Seahawks offense is limiting his production but if that o-line is able to gel during the season Carson will be a beast.

Just now, Joeklebba said:

From a statistical standpoint I agree with you, but from what I saw of Carson I was pretty impressed. He reminds me of a bigger Rawls in his prime, good burst and runs damn hard. Of course the Seahawks offense is limiting his production but if that o-line is able to gel during the season Carson will be a beast.

Does Seattle have any injured O-line men that may be returning soon? Not sure how a line suddenly figures it out, you know? Kind of are who you are at this point.

I think Carson is probably a flex option going forward.....Henry a stash. I had grand ambitions of slotting these guys in as my RB1 and RB2 within the next 2 weeks! Oh well.

5 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Does Seattle have any injured O-line men that may be returning soon? Not sure how a line suddenly figures it out, you know? Kind of are who you are at this point.

I think Carson is probably a flex option going forward.....Henry a stash. I had grand ambitions of slotting these guys in as my RB1 and RB2 within the next 2 weeks! Oh well.

I totally disageee with that. Because these guys don't play in the preseason they often don't find their groove until near the middle of the season. I think it's pretty unlikely to happen for the Seahawks but crazier things have happened.

9 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Because an O-Line is not five individuals it's a unit. Line is a lot about assignment and adapting to what defenses do. O-Lines do consistently improve as seasons go on. It's actually pretty common. 

Carson isn't a flex option. I mean you may flex him depending on hte situation, but there's just no way in hell there's 20-24 backs I'd take over CHris Carson right now. 

That line is not getting better any time soon. We knew going into the season that Seahawks line was going to be the worst, and they aren't just going to magically get good by mid-season. However, his workload is promising. His upside is just capped by that awful offensive situation. Still, can't complain about a free RB2 on the WW. If you are able to swap him for a position of need, I would do just that. Or you can wait and hope he explodes some more against the Colts next week and really get someone more valuable.

Edited by Castavar