NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

The running game becomes a non factor versus the Titans more often then not. Anyone judging Carson on this game is being completely shortsighted. Carson did manage to score a receiving TD against them. I see him bulldozing the Colts this weekend. 

I'm not too sure about this, the Colts run defense has proven itself. It's the pass defense which is their weakness.

2 minutes ago, KrazyMuchacho said:

I'm not too sure about this, the Colts run defense has proven itself. It's the pass defense which is their weakness.

Colts run defense is solid, that's true. But I see Seattle destroying a Luck-less Colts, and that could easily mean 20+ carries for ya boy. I think this is a 100 yard and a touchdown type game. 

Personally, my advocacy for Rawls and Carson over the past couple years has been that I believe Petey loves to ride one bellcow and that he loves to run the ball if at all possible. I think this is the kinda game for that. 

1 minute ago, Steelers0087 said:

So Carson is now the first second and third down back right? 

Yeah but he'll most likely now be ceding about 5-10 carries to Rawls to make up for the added work on third downs. This is certainly a massive boost in PPR leagues. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
36 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

really?

maybe RaRah Petey trips us all up and Rawls gets the bellcow gig while Carson assumes Prosise role?

?

Nobody gonna comment on this? Not worried that Rawls might take some drives to spell Carson and use him as a 3rd down back? He's definitely proved he can catch out of the backfield.

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Woah big news about Prosise.  Carson should have top 10 upside weekly now.  

Well if Sea O Line gets better yes.  Right now I wouldn't call him top 10 upside weekly.  But he is a safe weekly RB2 with a decent floor.  Right now, as in how the Sea O Line is today, his upside is capped.

5 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Well if Sea O Line gets better yes.  Right now I wouldn't call him top 10 upside weekly.  But he is a safe weekly RB2 with a decent floor.  Right now, as in how the Sea O Line is today, his upside is capped.

Carson is now the preferred third down back I disagree. In ppr leagues he has a safe floor now with massive upside because game flow shouldn't affect him anymore. 

Edited by chud12