NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

hard1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OrangeAggie said:

Lol, no he isn't. What exactly are you basing that statement on? In college he had one minor injury (to his hand) that kept him out for a few games, but other than that he's been injury free. 

Dude, he tore his ACL as early as high school, and had multiple injuries throughout college.  Why do you think he was drafted in the 7th?  Because he was healthy and excelled throughout his collegiate career.  Get real.

Just now, kdpat15 said:

lot of Chris Carson haters....wonder why?

This cracks me up since I own him myself, like you can't doubt someone or temper expectations without being a hater.  This is exactly the reason the Henry thread went out of control last week and people lost out after starting him.  The opportunity is there, but the hype has surpassed that imo.  Just reading through and feeling bemused by the weekly top 10 posts, and thought i'd play devil's advocate.

PC won't big up Carson till after the season.

Old school mentality. Tough love. We see it in a lot of sports. He doesn't want Carson to get comfortable. That's why he always speaks highly of Rawls and Lacy and offers tepid quotes on Carson.

Don't get it twisted. Carson is the man here and will continue to be. He's earned it. He's pass blocking well, can catch the ball and most importantly, gives it his all every play.

Just now, kdko said:

This cracks me up since I own him myself, like you can't doubt someone or temper expectations without being a hater.  This is exactly the reason the Henry thread went out of control last week and people lost out after starting him.  The opportunity is there, but the hype has surpassed that imo.  Just reading through and feeling bemused by the weekly top 10 posts, and thought i'd play devil's advocate.

i wasnt directing this at you...it just seems that he isnt getting credit he deserves as he has looked like a man out there the last two weeks especially when compared to Rawls and Lacy... Im just saying its clear that he is their best option back there

Just now, kdpat15 said:

i wasnt directing this at you...it just seems that he isnt getting credit he deserves as he has looked like a man out there the last two weeks especially when compared to Rawls and Lacy... Im just saying its clear that he is their best option back there

100% agree with you here.  And he does deserve credit.  This o-line hasn't gotten the hate it deserves though.  There's been several Seahawk homers who have tried chiming in about how this line might look like a historically awful line.

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

I feel you on this. People do get carried away. That being said, the hype isn't really overboard with CC IMO. He's the starter. He earned it. He's done very well so far.

SEA always starts off slow and he's been one of the few bright spots. Once the team starts scoring more, he's gonna have a lot of oppurtunities to run out the clock. He's gonna be valuable in those situations.

Just now, Onion said:

Is there some correlation to RB injuries and a bad OLine? 

Rhetorical, as we both know I don't have stats to back that up.  Didn't every single one of the Seahawks RB's go down last year?  I don't watch all of the Seahawks games, but IIRC they run a lot out of the i-formation and with as violent as he runs he's going to be a dummy in a brick wall crash test simulator.

the way carson does run scares me but at the same time i love it because he invites that contact which reminds me of a dickerson type back... I just want to see him run over people. He is jacked and has the physical skills to do it. Hope we get some highlights this weekend!

5 minutes ago, kdko said:

Rhetorical, as we both know I don't have stats to back that up.  Didn't every single one of the Seahawks RB's go down last year?  I don't watch all of the Seahawks games, but IIRC they run a lot out of the i-formation and with as violent as he runs he's going to be a dummy in a brick wall crash test simulator.

Please leave the thread and go to whatever hole you cRAWLed out of.

The only people hating on Carson are those that took Buck Allen over him. Carson is the most complete sure thing elite three-down RB1 and volume alone donny trumps everything else. The only way anyone else on the roster gets a carry or pass is if this kid needs a breather.

Top 5 RB ROS...book it

Edited by Dr. Whom

13 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

The only people hating on Carson are those that took Buck Allen over him. Carson is the most complete sure thing elite three-down RB1 and volume alone donny trumps everything else. The only way anyone else on the roster gets a carry or pass is if this kid needs a breather.

Top 5 RB ROS...book it

Quoted for posterity.  Curious at the 6-15 you rank behind Carson.

Just now, kdko said:

Quoted for posterity.  Curious at the 6-15 you rank behind Carson.

Carson has the backfield to himself...all the others are in timeshares

I don't see why people hate on someone with an opposite opinion.

If anything, you should listen and engage in reasonable discussion even more. Those people are the ones that sharpen your opinions and offer perspective (even if you disagree with it, it's valuable.) which will in turn improve your decision making down the line. 

He has valid points. Personally, I think fantasy football is WAY too volatile (especially at RB) to disregard a guy who's getting the opportunity Carson is. I'd rather keep him and risk him falling off into nothingness than dealing him for something tepid. I'll always bet on guys like Carson. I think he's keeping the job and is going to be a mid-high end RB2 with upside.

Edited by 10giz

4 minutes ago, 10giz said:

I think he's keeping the job and is going to be a mid-high end RB2 with upside.

He already is an rb2. He's #24 RB on the year when he didn't even technically start 2 games. He's going to have some 11 rushes for 31 yard games perhaps, but the bar for rb2 is pretty low these days. You don't even need 20 carries to be considered an RB1 anymore. 

Carson is the goalline back and is practically guaranteed at least two TD's this Sunday against a weak Colts team. It would take a lot for him not to be an RB1 this week

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Carson is the goalline back and is practically guaranteed at least two TD's this Sunday against a weak Colts team. It would take a lot for him not to be an RB1 this week

Guaranteed two touchdowns is pretty ridiculous. I'm not even sure the odds are he gets 1. I'd say 35-45% chance at a touchdown and like a 10% chance of 2.  If you actually think he's guaranteed 2 touchdowns, you should probably actually bet it.   It's possible, just very far from guaranteed.