NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook

hard1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i picked up CC just because i wanted to add more depth to my team because Abdullah and Gore aren't doing that good ATM and D.Martin is still suspended, i wasent even going to play him until i see more consistent games from him but i have to plug him in this week cause im not playing Lynch against Denver so im hoping he gets 10 fantasy points this week.

im hoping he turns into a RB2 this year maybe put up a few RB1 numbers but him being in the Top 5 this year then the Seattle need to get a stout O-Line

Edited by JrsKars

8 hours ago, seanismorris said:

Interesting....

Stat wise, the Colts D is giving up 17 points per game to RBs.(which is about in the middle).

But the yards on the ground the Colts are 5th best with 3.19 yrds/carry.

So, what we need is Carson active in the passing game + the odds are good that Carson scores on the ground.  The Colts ave. 1/game.

They’ve played two bad RB’s.

12 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I just don't trust Pete Carroll. He's misleading.

Yeah, but when Rawls says things like this, its kind of hard not to think he sees the current situation.

“I know my role in this offense,” he said. 

“And also I know it’s a looooong season, too. That’s one experience that I do know, going into my third year.”

I dont want this to too sound to AC but if you can sell Carson + another RB2  in order to receive Mccoy, would you do it? I feel McCoy is old and reaching the 'Wall' , but at same time, he is a stud when on field.

Then again Carson is a young rising potential stud himself. Are you guys selling or holding?

Edited by dannyz6969

Just now, dannyz6969 said:

I dont want this to too sound to AC but if you can sell Carson + another RB2  in order to receive Mccoy, would you do it? I feel McCoy is old and reaching the 'Wall' , but at same time, he is a stud when on field.

depends on the who the 2nd rb2 is.  I like mccoys volume and the fact he is the focus of the offense, his situation is better than Carsons, so I usually buy into the better situation. Assuming ur okay with the high probability of mccoy getting injured.

8 hours ago, WaiverHero said:

You guys need to stop getting my so hyped... someone hype check me

Ok I will hype check you since most people in here are already ordering their Carson pro bowl jerseys....

Carson will never be as spectacular as Rawls was in some games in 2015....   He is not as quick or as shifty and looks more Robert Kelley-ish than he does Rawls 2015....

And this week if Rawls breaks off some long runs on minimal carries to the roar of the crowd Pete will say Rawls is finally getting healthy and up to speed so the timeshare will be in full effect...

Carson has looked decent so far, but so did Christine Michael at the start of last season until he stopped getting carries so who knows what Pete Carroll does week to week....

Carson looks at best to be the 4th best rb in his own division (Hyde, Gurley, and DJohnson when healthy) while in 2015 Rawls was better on a per carry basis than ANYONE in the nfl including those division foes David Johnson, Hyde and Todd Gurley...

I have both Rawls and Carson and feel like Carson is the consolation prize since Rawls' massive ceiling won't be approached by Carson (not even Lynch had multiple huge games like Rawls did)

Hope I helped you calm down a bit with Carson, who im hoping proves me wrong, but I'm not seeing any Rawls-like 150 to 200+ yard rushing games out of him anytime soon...

Edited by General Gannicus

2 minutes ago, General Gannicus said:

Ok I will hype check you since most people in here are already ordering their Carson pro bowl jerseys....

Carson will never be as spectacular as Rawls was in 2015....   He is not as quick or as shifty and looks more Robert Kelley-ish than he does Rawls 2015....

And this week if Rawls breaks off some long runs on minimal carries to the roar of the crowd Pete will say Rawls is finally getting healthy and up to speed so the timeshare will be in full effect...

Carson has looked decent so far, but so did Christine Michael at the start of last season until he stopped getting carries so who knows what Pete Carroll does week to week....

Carson looks at best to be the 4th best rb in his own division (Hyde, Gurley, and DJohnson when healthy) while in 2015 Rawls was better on a per carry basis than ANYONE in the nfl including those division foes David Johnson, Hyde and Todd Gurley...

I have both Rawls and Carson and feel like Carson is the consolation prize since Rawls' massive ceiling won't be approached by Carson (not even Lynch had multiple huge games like Rawls did)

Hope I helped you calm down a bit with Carson, who im hoping proves me wrong, but I'm not seeing any Rawls-like 150 to 200+ yard rushing games out of him anytime soon...

I never understand the Rawls revisionist history that he was some sort of fantasy stud  :lol:

Rawls Played 22 games over 2 seasons

Standard scoring:

16 games  less than 10pts

6 games +10pts ( 3 of those +20)

2016 season only a single double digit scoring game.

YOU DON'T GET FANTASY POINTS FOR YPC!!!

32 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I never understand the Rawls revisionist history that he was some sort of fantasy stud  :lol:

Rawls Played 22 games over 2 seasons

Standard scoring:

16 games  less than 10pts

6 games +10pts ( 3 of those +20)

2016 season only a single double digit scoring game.

YOU DON'T GET FANTASY POINTS FOR YPC!!!

You also don't get points for being on IR. When has Rawls shown he can even remotely stay healthy?

If someone like Lynch, who had a long and successful history with the team gets injured, I can see him getting his job back. Rawls doesn't have the resume or the connection to the team.

17 minutes ago, General Gannicus said:

Carson will never be as spectacular as Rawls was in some games in 2015....   He is not as quick or as shifty and looks more Robert Kelley-ish than he does Rawls 2015....

When did quick and shifty become the only way of being a successful three-down running back though? Has it ever been? (No.)

What laymen don't understand about Christine Michael is that he blows assignments, reads the field poorly and is hard to coach. Superb athletic profile, but he always lacked a feel for the game, a football brain. Absolutely not someone you want as lead back for the long haul. Seahawks were quick to pull him when other options emerged. Carson is way way on the other side of that spectrum. Reliability in a lead back is huge, and that's not just speaking about football brain and getting your assignments right. Staying healthy is obviously a big one as well, and this has been Rawls' major flaw thus far in his career.

Yes, Pete Carroll's comments about Carson or any of his players should always be taken with a huge grain of salt, but when also respected veterans within the team like Doug Baldwin are raving about him that speaks volumes:

"He just has all the tools," Baldwin said. "I think he is probably to me the most polished of any rookie at that position that I have ever seen. He has all the tools in his tool bag. He just has to put it all together. He is mature. He has the right mindset. He has the work ethic. But when you see something like that, you don't want him to miss the opportunity. So we stay on him because we know the potential that he has."

“He’s the real deal, he’s the real deal,” Baldwin said. “I’ve been telling y’all that since training camp, he is the real deal. There’s an aspect to him mentally that you don’t find in football players; it’s very hard to find that aspect mentally in a football player, and Chris Carson has it. He’s going to be a phenomenal running back in this league for as long as he wants to be. He can take this as far as he wants to. Don’t tell him I said that, we’ve got to keep him humble, but like I said in camp, he has all the tools in the tool bag, it’s up to him to make it happen.

“He’s a professional. He has shown us nothing short of professionalism since he has been here. The way he runs the ball, the way he catches the ball, the way he blocks, the way he picks up his assignments. It doesn’t matter what it is, he’s just on top of his game, and it’s a beautiful thing to watch, especially for a young kid coming in.”

Rawls has (/had, before injuries, unknown at this point) the massive ceilings, yes, but durability and instead a steady great but not humongous production is far more valuable compared to Rawls very fluctuating resumé thus far. You mention even Marshawn Lynch not having multiple huge games like Rawls did. Well wasn't he great for fantasy (and a pro bowler since you brought that up) though?

1 hour ago, General Gannicus said:

Rawls apologists need to go away. This is Carson's backfield now. Get over it.

Carson ran a 4.58 at the combine.  So, a tad faster than Cooper Kupp.  Carson's a bulky, upright runner with not much wiggle.  It seems unlikely that Seattle envisions Carson as their long-term feature back.  But for now, Carson's the healthiest and most effective back for a struggling Seahawks team.  Enjoy it while it lasts, but it may not be for long.  I agree that Carson is real life smarter and football smarter than Christine Michael, but Michael is FAR more gifted physically.

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Carson ran a 4.58 at the combine.  So, a tad faster than Cooper Kupp.  Carson's a bulky, upright runner with not much wiggle.  It seems unlikely that Seattle envisions Carson as their long-term feature back.  But for now, Carson's the healthiest and most effective back for a struggling Seahawks team.  Enjoy it while it lasts, but it may not be for long.  I agree that Carson is real life smarter and football smarter than Christine Michael, but Michael is FAR more gifted physically.

Pete Carroll has a publicly verbal love affair with every rb he rostered since the beastmode era. i dont anticipate that changing and I can give u odds that next season there will be another seattle rb thread debating who will be the next starting rb in competition with Carson

Edited by dashoe