Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every pre-season I always see a rookie or two that just pass the eye test, and I predict that player will be starting at some point that season if not right out the gate. Past examples are Arian Foster, Derek Carr, Russell Wilson, Doug Martin. Chris Carson is that guy this pre-season. I also see similar potential with Matt Breida in SF (No knock on Hyde, both backs will play well in this system). The talent is just too obvious when watching him play (Carson)

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kball09 said:

 

You mean the last two seasons? When Rawls was a stud and then last year Prosise was extremely valuable pre-injury?

 

Yeah, hilarious.

Rawls wasnt a stud, he had a handful of good games before injuries derailed him. Rawls WAS a potential stud,  Same with prosise, he has potential but he has to play healthy to realize it.  Lets not get carried away with handing out titles like stud before players earn them

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

I have a thing for the truth.

 

Where are the bad reports on lacy? 

 

Ive seen punishing runs from him this preseason.

 

Where are these negative reports?

The Seahawks’ running back situation still has a lot of question marks, but one thing is for certain — Eddie Lacy isn’t doing enough to secure a role.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/8/19/16172748/eddie-lacy-seahawks-rbs-chris-carson-thomas-rawls

 

That's just the first article when I googled Lacy.

 

Also look at his last 4 updates on his Rotoworld profile. None of it is good.

 

I think this backfield is a roulette wheel until someone gets hot in the regular season. But i wouldnt put my money on that being Lacy.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SuperSurgeMC said:

The Seahawks’ running back situation still has a lot of question marks, but one thing is for certain — Eddie Lacy isn’t doing enough to secure a role.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/8/19/16172748/eddie-lacy-seahawks-rbs-chris-carson-thomas-rawls

 

That's just the first article when I googled Lacy.

 

Also look at his last 4 updates on his Rotoworld profile. None of it is good.

 

I think this backfield is a roulette wheel until someone gets hot in the regular season. But i wouldnt put my money on that being Lacy.

 

 

 

Quotes from talking heads vs. Seeing Lacy looking good and delivering punishing runs in regular season dress rehearsal.

 

Ill take the latter and Lacys history of always being productive whilr healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Lacy is the most talented RB on the roster and your reason for him not to be successful is "Lacy is done (ala Trich)"

 

Classic.

 

Most talented? Not even remotely close. Rawls healthy is > than Lacy. Prosise healthy is > Lacy, and even though the sample size is small, Carson easily looks like  he could be a running back of the future (if not this year then maybe in the next 1-2 years)

 

Prediction

 

Eddie Lacy Stats by EOS: 576 rushing yards, 5 TD.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell Wilson speaking about Chris Carson:

 

He can do it all," Wilson said postgame. "He can run. Obviously he can catch the ball really well. He's tough-minded, always seems to do the right thing. For a rookie, he's been really remarkable. I think he's going to have a remarkable year, too."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, swnmkr12 said:

Every pre-season I always see a rookie or two that just pass the eye test, and I predict that player will be starting at some point that season if not right out the gate. Past examples are Arian Foster, Derek Carr, Russell Wilson, Doug Martin. Chris Carson is that guy this pre-season. I also see similar potential with Matt Breida in SF (No knock on Hyde, both backs will play well in this system). The talent is just too obvious when watching him play (Carson)

*neglects to mention the 20 guys who passed the eye test he was wrong about   :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, swnmkr12 said:

Every pre-season I always see a rookie or two that just pass the eye test, and I predict that player will be starting at some point that season if not right out the gate. Past examples are Arian Foster, Derek Carr, Russell Wilson, Doug Martin. Chris Carson is that guy this pre-season. I also see similar potential with Matt Breida in SF (No knock on Hyde, both backs will play well in this system). The talent is just too obvious when watching him play (Carson)

 

just picked up Breida

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, yossarian said:

*neglects to mention the 20 guys who passed the eye test he was wrong about   :D

Of course I've been wrong about guys, i'm not an oracle. Just saying I've had a good eye for evaluating talent in players over the last few seasons

Link to post
Share on other sites

For late round rookie RB lotto ticket flier, how do you guys think Carson fits in with Kamara and Mack in terms of early season workload and then potential to get more work? 

 

Kamara should already have a role from week 1 with his satellite back role. Explosive player and if Ingram or AP goes down, increase in work load in a high power offense. 

 

Mack, does he have the passing downs role locked down? Gore has been healthy for such a long time, but father time eventually catches up to everyone. Especially RBs. Each season is a season closer to him hitting the cliff. Without Luck in the lineup, could be used in a lot of dumpoffs and screens? 

 

Carson, looks like the best RB on the team in preseason. The o-line is back, but his explosive running style might help mitigate that? Lacy isn't a starting NFL caliber RB now. Rawls can't seem to stay healthy and the same with Prosise. Carson seems to be ok in the passing game as well. 

 

Is it basically a toss up between all three in terms of late round fliers? I think offense wise, Saints and Seahawks should put up a lot of yards and points this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

 

Mack has got to contend with Jones now who will push him to the # 4 RB slot

Kamara's role is already set, great value in PPR

if Carson continues playing like he has in preseason I'll say that he will have a chance to lead the Hawks in carries 

 

Is Kamara's though?  Ingram is a fantastic receiving back, and he'll already be splitting early work with AP.  I don't see why they can't keep him in on 3rd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...