NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

jtbgator

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, kick_it_like-OBJ said:

Would you drop the Broncos Unit and change to a streaming one?

Broncos will play the Raiders at home and then bye week  

Jag 

Bengals

NE

chiefs 

arizona

available 

Do you have anyone else to drop or are you going to have to drop them next week anyways...if so, yes I'd be picking up the Jags or Bengals. 

7 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Do you have anyone else to drop or are you going to have to drop them next week anyways...if so, yes I'd be picking up the Jags or Bengals. 

Mariota

Gurley, Murray, Henry, McCaffrey, Mixon, Ingram, D.Martin

OBJ,Cooper, Fitzgerald, Diggs, Parker

Kelce 

I don't see anyone else to drop …:(

3 hours ago, FlyingElvis said:

Not much to pick from for me. Which of these this week?

Titans @ Texans

Bucs vs. Giants

Giants @ Bucs

Falcons vs. Bills

I picked up the Titans because they look good on paper, but I'm skeptical of them simply because of their defense. Bucs clear waivers tomorrow.

I'm a Giants fan so I may be biased, but I like the Giants vs. Bucs instead of the other way around. The Bucs also just lost Lavonte David, which I'd imagine is a big hit to their defense.

4 hours ago, FlyingElvis said:

Titans @ Texans

Bucs vs. Giants

Giants @ Bucs

Falcons vs. Bills

I picked up the Titans because they look good on paper, but I'm skeptical of them simply because of their defense. Bucs clear waivers tomorrow.

Bucs lost a ton of defensive players last week - so check to see if any come back - if not, I would not use them

29 minutes ago, molonLabe80 said:

I grabbed them over philly, TDs in all 3 weeks.  So since i grabbed them im sure they will go negative now

The fact that they have a defensive TD in all three games so far makes it all the more likely that they don't score a defensive TD this week and in upcoming weeks. These highly fluky/luck dependent things have a way of evening out.

5 hours ago, FlyingElvis said:

Titans @ Texans

Bucs vs. Giants

Giants @ Bucs

Falcons vs. Bills

I guess I could also add Cowboys, Ravens to this.

So...

Titans @ Texans

Bucs vs. Giants

Giants @ Bucs

Falcons vs. Bills

Cowboys vs. Rams

Ravens vs. Steelers

Even with those, I'm still leaning Giants or Falcons. Titans might do well, but I don't like having three positions from one team as my starters (Mariota and Murray) just in case it all goes south. With that in mind, the Giants aren't a great fantasy defense, but that could be the result of how the offense played the first couple of weeks. However, I'm not too thrilled with the Falcons as a defensive unit, either. All options are pretty meh. 

Anyone have some suggestions?

Dropped Ravens for Jags. Det was still available, which were the only other ones that interested me, but probably would have held Ravens if Jax didn't come through.

Was kind of surprised to pick up the Jags with my second waiver pick. They would have been picked up 100% by one other savvy owner if they slipped to FA, so I had to put in a claim.