NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

jtbgator

9 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Anyone confident rolling out KC at home vs WAS?

Redskins offense looked good at times but it seems if you can limit Chris Thompson then that offense stops lol

I'm not overly confident about it, but I own KC and I'm starting them. Game's at home where they usually play well. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I believe Cousins road numbers are not nearly as impressive as his home numbers. The way KC has been playing, they should be able to control time of possession, and I'm sure they get an INT and a couple sacks.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about Vikings D? Last year they were great but this year they only have 5 sacks and 3 INTs (all 3 came last week against Winston).  Brees was a tough matchup in week 1 and Week 2 @ Pitt wasn't much better.  

are they still considered a good DST for fantasy? They were dropped in my league so I'm wondering if I should pick them up. I have the Steelers right now.  

good matchups coming up.

week 5 in chicago

week 7  at home against the ravens 

week 8 at Cleveland 

12 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

KC is more of a streamer without Eric Berry, I think you can find a better option this week on waivers

True, but KC offense stays on the field alot so i like that going for them.

Edit: I know its a million years away by weeks 14-15-16 KC plays at home vs OAK, Chargers and Miami.

Edited by pdog109

GB didnt do much against Cincy and Sea, both teams with horrible OLines at home. I passed on them. Cincy always struggles with Cle, at least I feel like they do and they are on the road. I passed on them. Detroit has been good and plays against Keenum who was miserable one game and hot the next. I think they are a decent option but play on the road. I passed on them as well. I ended up taking Minnesota just because I know they are a talented defense. They may not have a great matchup but they are home. They have started out slow but one game was against Brees and the second game was on the road at pitt where Ben always dominates. Last week vs a good TB offense they scored 8 pts so I am expecting similar this week. They have a nice schedule the next few weeks as well. Not saying they will be dominant this week and there are certainly teams with better matchups but I like them for a safe 6-8 pts.

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

GB didnt do much against Cincy and Sea, both teams with horrible OLines at home. I passed on them. Cincy always struggles with Cle, at least I feel like they do and they are on the road. I passed on them. Detroit has been good and plays against Keenum who was miserable one game and hot the next. I think they are a decent option but play on the road. I passed on them as well. I ended up taking Minnesota just because I know they are a talented defense. They may not have a great matchup but they are home. They have started out slow but one game was against Brees and the second game was on the road at pitt where Ben always dominates. Last week vs a good TB offense they scored 8 pts so I am expecting similar this week. They have a nice schedule the next few weeks as well. Not saying they will be dominant this week and there are certainly teams with better matchups but I like them for a safe 6-8 pts.

Tampa Bay is overrated 

KC is a streaming option? 12.6, 20.7 and 19.6....Im sticking with them. Also, special teams is good for them AND you have a turnover prone cousins coming to town in arguably one of the toughest places to play. Im starting with confidence, also rolling out Zuerlein/watkins since dallas D is pretty bad and I think he gets 8-12 points.

6 hours ago, yanksman said:

I see what you're saying but I think you have to go CIN this week, MIN long term.

8 hours ago, yanksman said:

Rolling Minny as well

I have a feeling we're gonna see an infamous Stafford pick 6 this weekend and then we got weeks, 5,7,8 to look forward to. All aboard

17 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Lions scored 35 on AZ, 24 on NYG and 26 on ATL (should've been 33 and a win).

jumped the gun on this.

Lions against AZ: Offense scored 21 pts and had 367 total yds.

Lions against NYG: Offense scored 17 pts and had 257 total yds.

Lions against ATL: Offense scored 18 pts (should've been 25) and had 324 total yds.

I could see MIN allowing 21 pts and 300 yds. Maybe they get an Int or 2, maybe a TD but not counting on a TD.