NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

jtbgator

47 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

That's who I was leaning toward.  I don't think I can hold Tucker any longer with the way the Ravens offense has been

I've been debating kickers today too....I've not been doing well with them this year.   Drafted Seabass....Hurt.  Replaced with Sturgis....Hurt.  Went to Techeveccio and he's done nothing since I picked him up.

Now was debating Elliott, Gano and Butker myself.

So far I picked up Elliott just because he's shown a big leg and the Eagles/Wentz generated a lot of kicking points last year.  I also like the matchup at home this week.  That said though, I'm wondering if there's a chance Sturgis comes back after his IR stint?  I would doubt it the way Elliott has kicked but IDK.

So still pondering Gano....He's been solid and the Panthers seem to struggle in the red zone giving him plenty of opportunities.  As for Butker, he seems okay too but we don't know much about him yet.  For me, I already have K Hunt so I want TD's, not Chiefs FGs.....So didn't want Butker.

Still debating Elliott versus Gano though.  Gano had a huge season 2 years ago in that Panthers offense.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same question that was posted earlier... Jets for Detroit D?  I have Baltimore .. and even though they have a good schedule they have been awful and actually the reason why I lost my game two weeks ago. 

Jets would be a one week rental.. Detroit... are they for real??!

52 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I've been debating kickers today too....I've not been doing well with them this year.   Drafted Seabass....Hurt.  Replaced with Sturgis....Hurt.  Went to Techeveccio and he's done nothing since I picked him up.

Now was debating Elliott, Gano and Butker myself.

So far I picked up Elliott just because he's shown a big leg and the Eagles/Wentz generated a lot of kicking points last year.  I also like the matchup at home this week.  That said though, I'm wondering if there's a chance Sturgis comes back after his IR stint?  I would doubt it the way Elliott has kicked but IDK.

So still pondering Gano....He's been solid and the Panthers seem to struggle in the red zone giving him plenty of opportunities.  As for Butker, he seems okay too but we don't know much about him yet.  For me, I already have K Hunt so I want TD's, not Chiefs FGs.....So didn't want Butker.

Still debating Elliott versus Gano though.  Gano had a huge season 2 years ago in that Panthers offense.

I wanted Elliott, but I didn't want to waste my #2 waiver claim on him, but someone else claimed him.  I think with the way he is kicking, there is no way they go back to Sturgis.  KC has a powerful offense, so that will open up more FG and extra point opportunities for the kicker.  I know he is unknown, but after that first miss, Butker was pretty good.  Going to take my chances with him and I can always drop next week if he falters.  

I know it's just a kicker but they're just as valuable as any other position.

Ka'imi Fairbairn ROS anyone?

The Texans took a chance when they waived veteran kicker Nick Novak and kept Fairbairn.

Novak scored 127 points last season and missed only three field goals inside the 50 while Fairbairn was on injured reserve.

One quarter into the season, Fairbairn is making the Texans look good for keeping him.

Fairbairn is 9-of-9 on field goals and 11-of-12 on extra points, giving him 38 points. That puts him on a pace for a franchise-record 152 points.

Most impressive has been Fairbairn’s leg strength on kickoffs. He has 18 touchbacks, including 14 in the last two games. His 18 touchbacks are tied for third in the NFL. He’s on a pace for a team-record 72 touchbacks.

4 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

Anyone thinking about ravens v ej manual?

I really like this matchup.  Not sure why everyone’s overlooking how bad Manuel is.  Also, Balt gets Trubisky at home the following week so you won’t have to worry about a D for a couple of weeks.

Full point PPR. 

Trade away amari cooper get doug Martin.

recievers held

a brown

d parker

d adams

g Allison 

c kupp

c Beasley 

rbs held

c thompson

c mac

d foreman

a jones

s verine 

normally would just slam the reject button. With Carr out and cooper having the drop issue debating 

Someone dropped the Ravens Defense in my league...would you use the 6th overall waiver claim on them? They got some great match-ups coming up. Including this eek vs the EJ Manuel led Raiders....

Edited by GurleyTHIRTY

1 hour ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Someone dropped the Ravens Defense in my league...would you use the 6th overall waiver claim on them? They got some great match-ups coming up. Including this eek vs the EJ Manuel led Raiders....

Im debating this as well, only problem is last time i started them i got -4 pts

4 hours ago, vdill49 said:

Is Arizona worth holding for ros or stream?

was wondering the same,.. crazy to think I'm going to possibly start the jets over them this week.. everyone has them as a better stream this week

4 hours ago, vdill49 said:

Is Arizona worth holding for ros or stream?

was wondering the same,.. crazy to think I'm going to possibly start the jets over them this week.. everyone has them as a better stream this week

CIN DEF at home vs. BUF

or

MIN DEF @ CHI

Thinking of going with the home team CIN against pretty weak BUF offense. And CHI been ok at home and rolling out their new QB toy, MIN on the road missing Cook and Bradford - Defense might be on the field too much.

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

CIN DEF at home vs. BUF

or

MIN DEF @ CHI

Thinking of going with the home team CIN against pretty weak BUF offense. And CHI been ok at home and rolling out their new QB toy, MIN on the road missing Cook and Bradford - Defense might be on the field too much.

What is weak about the buf offense?

Bradford practiced today, he may play

17 minutes ago, molonLabe80 said:

What is weak about the buf offense?

Bradford practiced today, he may play

QB, WRs, McCoy not scoring TDs. 

They're going to be cautious with Bradford's knee. 

Guess your vote is MIN?

Edited by Members_Only_76

I like Philly this weekend for a sleeper DST.

Arizona playing at 1 PM on the east coast, not sure of weather? but on grass. Yes the eagles CB's are bad. But the Arizona O line is really one of the worst. Carson has to have time to throw in order to exploit those corners.

With DST's I'm looking for a potential for a lot of picks and I see it here.