NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

jtbgator

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a crazy dart throw: New Orleans Saints...IF Stafford is indeed as banged up as they claim (supposed high ankle sprain and hamstring).

That unit played well the last 2 games, 13 points with 4 sacks @carolina, shut out Miami with another 4 sacks. 

Someone with a higher waiver grabbed Atlanta so I settled on New England but I'll be keeping an eye on Stafford's practices all week.

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

yep all division games are indoors others than TB, and all of those games tend to be high scoring, lutz for sure.

this kid is such a great hold, especially considering that the Saints had been horrid in the Brees era as far as FG atts. were concerned (dead last  a few years, bottom tier in all) - they also had a propensity to go for it on fourth downs more than any other team, by far.   

their kickers scored a ton on XPs, of course, but not so much the FGs.  

saw all the teams who had him across my three leagues hold him through his bye. 

"KEEEEK" ?

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

LOL....Have same thing.  Also currently have Elliott with Bryant and Lutz out there.

I'll probably try for Bryant first and then Lutz.  

Don't much care either way as I'm happy with Elliott though.  Most appealing part to me is just that Bryant and Lutz have already had their byes and both are in good offenses that you know will move the ball and score a lot of points.

I'm in a similar situatin

Elliott owner and Lutz is available......I like the option of the BYE gone and indoor games

22 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

I'm in a similar situatin

Elliott owner and Lutz is available......I like the option of the BYE gone and indoor games

I went with Lutz for those reasons.  Also kind of liked the weeks 14-16 schedule for him....All dome games, Falcons twice in what should be shoot outs and the Jets.  The Jets are actually a poor matchup for kickers at the moment on paper because they're just allowing so many TD's but I'd still feel good about Lutz at home in a game the Saints will probably pour points on the board.

Lutz feels like a guy that maybe won't have many huge games but also a guy with a high floor.  I just feel like he'll get 7-8 almost every week and that's all I really want from my kicker.  

Also in the back on my mind with Elliott in addition to the bye was that Sturgis could get healthy and come back.  I know it's unlikely the Eagles will swap out Elliott  but if he runs into a bad stretch it's possible.

The bye week being done, the dome and the Saints having a strong offense that moves the ball were my main reasons though.

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this kid is such a great hold, especially considering that the Saints had been horrid in the Brees era as far as FG atts. were concerned (dead last  a few years, bottom tier in all) - they also had a propensity to go for it on fourth downs more than any other team, by far.   

their kickers scored a ton on XPs, of course, but not so much the FGs.  

saw all the teams who had him across my three leagues hold him through his bye. 

"KEEEEK" ?

I picked him up after waivers cleared. Dropped Prater.  Don’t have to worry about bye week from my kicker spot

Any steelers defense owners out there?  Are you playing them against the Chiefs or streaming this week?

I picked up the Redskins thinking I'd stream them at home against the 49ers but I hate holding two defenses and passing up the chance to hold somebody of actual value.

I'm second guessing myself now, especially if Kelce doesn't play.  I think he's a big part of what KC is doing on offense.

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Any steelers defense owners out there?  Are you playing them against the Chiefs or streaming this week?

I picked up the Redskins thinking I'd stream them at home against the 49ers but I hate holding two defenses and passing up the chance to hold somebody of actual value.

I'm second guessing myself now, especially if Kelce doesn't play.  I think he's a big part of what KC is doing on offense.

i was thinking of dropping them for TB, but theyve been pretty solid so far and i know they are one of the higher scoring offenses, but for some reason, kc doesnt seem that intimidating....

Picked Lutz up again because of the reasons stated above... but was really looking at picking up Butker ... on the number one offense so far and has had 4 and 5 attempts his last two games... thoughts??

FWIW was watching his kicks on MNF and they all looked like rifles down the middle. Was actually really impressed with the way they looked

3 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Picked Lutz up again because of the reasons stated above... but was really looking at picking up Butker ... on the number one offense so far and has had 4 and 5 attempts his last two games... thoughts??

FWIW was watching his kicks on MNF and they all looked like rifles down the middle. Was actually really impressed with the way they looked

Yea i dont usually notice kicks but was noticing the same exact same thing 

15 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Yea i dont usually notice kicks but was noticing the same exact same thing 

Picking him up tonight for Prater. Better offense and it buys me 3 more weeks before the bye. Unfortnately our league has a bonus for longer FG's so it might be a wash. But the 3 extra weeks could be big (our waiver order carries over from period to period)

On 10/9/2017 at 4:08 PM, habslive said:

His kicks were straight down the middle, no doubters, even from as far as 49 yards out (I think that was his longest of the night?)

Don't worry about him being a rookie. He'll get so many opportunities in that offense. I picked him up and I'll use him the rest of the way

On 10/9/2017 at 4:17 PM, jcedwards said:

Yea after his first game, I dropped Tucker and picked him up. That offense is explosive, but has stalled when they get in FG range a couple of times. 8/9 FGs in his first 2 games is really good. 

Would you take Elliott or Butker? Such a toss up but both are available. 

10 hours ago, leboomtings said:

Bryant apparently dealing with a back injury. Might still be good to go this week, but concerns me as a set and forget/ROS play.

Likely dropping for Lutz.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/falcons-matt-bryant-dealing-with-back-injury/

Wow.  Had Bryant as set and forget.  Lutz schedule looks good.  I think  will drop for Lutz as well.,  Thanks!