NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

Seen it touched on, but how are people feeling about the Chiefs this week and ROS? They were available in one of my leagues so I scooped them up on name value last week and they were... okay. Their upcoming schedule is pretty much all middle-tier offenses, and a bye week still coming. Doesn't seem like they're the powerhouse of years past, but are they still an every-week startable defense, or have they dropped into the streamable range? 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, The Joey Harringtons said:

Denver Denfense has looked like an elite group out on the field, and the numbers agree; ESPN currently lists them at #1 in their defensive power rankings.  

This, however, has not translated to an equally formidable fantasy defense. In standard scoring Yahoo leagues, DEN DST currently sits at #18 for season total points. 

Granted, Denver has had their bye already (good thing), but at this point in the season, I am planning to drop and go with Saints DST and/or stream. 

Anyone else jumping ship?

Trying to package a trade to a Denver homer.  I also picked up Saints.  And scooping up Detroit while on bye.  

40 minutes ago, The Answer said:

JAGs owners

arw you planning to hold through the bye next week?  If so, who are targeting or maybe even grabbing this week?  

Definitely holding the Jags D - they have been dominant. Picked up the Vikings D for their date next week with the Browns.

23 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

Holding as well.  Was able to snag NO def this past week playing home against CHI.

I own Jags D in both leagues and am holding. Picked up NO (vs CHI) in 1 league and BUF (vs OAK) in the other. Might relook BUF vs OAK after last night. Def not dropping Jags though.

3 minutes ago, FlyingElvis said:

Winston's been cleared to start. Luke Kuechly is OUT this weekend. 

With that in mind, Bills vs. Bucs or Panthers @ Bears?

I was curious about the same thing on the panters but I would go Panthers still....Concussion boy boosts howards ability, not nec bears passing game other than maybe a bit more time in the pocket. I have panthers and still rolling them out. Glad I dropped Chiefs lol

Panthers MLB Luke Kuechly (concussion) is out for Week 7 against the Bears.

Kuechly was concussed last Thursday night against the Eagles in Week 6 and hasn't yet passed protocol. He's expected to see a doctor Monday, which could put him on track for Week 8. Kuechly's absence will provide a big boost to offensive focal point Jordan Howard for the Bears.
4 hours ago, Ayohjay said:

Start Vikings or saints this week?

41 minutes ago, kick_it_like-OBJ said:

Vikings!

Think saints DST is a trap 

If you can, beat the rush next week and stash the Saints; they're home against the Bears.

Edited by Gryfter