NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Constantguest said:

Been streaming defense all year with good success. Settling in for playoffs, is there a D worth holding or trading for? I’d like to prepare now so I’m not caught with my pants down when the waiver wire goes away and trade deadline ends this weekend 

Bears.  Cake walk other than eagles in week 12

On 11/6/2017 at 3:39 PM, jtbgator said:

Jake Elliot owners: Are you guys holding thru week 10 bye? I don't want to but might have to drop and pick up Kai Forbath MIN.

10 hours ago, konstao said:

Im holding him...

eagles are so hot right now and he is getting double digit points in all games hes played. plus, if youre league has distance bonus, he makes 50 yarders easily... 

He better stop missing those XPs. Last week in the monsoon was understandable but he missed another this past week. Remember, Philly has Caleb Sturgis on IR designated for return.

edit: maybe not: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/eagles-caleb-sturgis-unlikely-to-be-activated-from-ir/

Edited by Gryfter

Anyone think Denver D could be solid ROS after this week?  They've had the 2nd hardest strength of opponent weeks 1-5, then THE hardest weeks 6-10, but then have one of the easiest starting week 11 (CIN, OAK, MIA, NYJ, IND, WAS).  They're still the 6th ranked defense overall per DVOA (and were 2nd before last week's blowout).

10 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Probably not the best idea. Their weakness is vs the run...

They get their best run stuffing middle linebacker Denzel Perryman back this week. LT Cam Robinson also favoring an ankle injury. Not something you want to be dealing with against Ingram and Bosa. Fournette will still probably eat but I have a feeling Bortles has a few turnovers in this one. Chargers are a viable start imo. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

Another DST to look out for is the Jets. They looked great against the Bills recently and go up against a reeling Bucs team minus starting QB and top WR. They also know Fitzpatrick and his turnover prone tendencies. Bucs have been very generous the past few weeks against DST's so this may be a good sleeper streamer right here.

With only one bye week remaining, I'm inclined to hold Butker for a week while I plug a kicker in. It's a value based keeper league (as in draft position determines keeper cost) but I'm still thinking of dropping Kenny Golladay, as Jones and Tate are both performing well. Thoughts?

32 minutes ago, habslive said:

With only one bye week remaining, I'm inclined to hold Butker for a week while I plug a kicker in. It's a value based keeper league (as in draft position determines keeper cost) but I'm still thinking of dropping Kenny Golladay, as Jones and Tate are both performing well. Thoughts?

I'd do that all day. Butker is a hold for me as well. I own him and Elliot in separate leagues and held them both through their week 10 bye. Added Forbath and Nugent for this week.

It's a very real possibility that I'm able to pick up the Ravens D/ST when they clear waivers tomorrow, as the Jax owner just dropped them and they are on bye this week. I already put in my claim. For this week, I picked up the Bears, and I'm thinking that pairing the Bears and Ravens defense ROS might be a good situation. However, I might also be able to snag the Bengals defense as they were just dropped as well.

Here's the schedule by week of those three...

Week 11: Bears vs. Lions; Ravens @ Packers

Week 12: Bears @ Eagles; Ravens vs. Texans; 

Week 13: Bears vs. 49ers; Ravens vs. Lions

Week 14: Bears @ Bengals; Ravens @ Steelers

Week 15: Bears @ Lions; Ravens @ Browns

Week 16: Bears vs. Browns; Ravens vs. Colts

Green matchups are those that rank in the top 8 for fantasy defenses. (Lions are #12, while the 49ers are #10, so I would have a top 12 matchup for my defense every week)

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, FlyingElvis said:

It's a very real possibility that I'm able to pick up the Ravens D/ST when they clear waivers tomorrow, as the Jax owner just dropped them and they are on bye this week. I already put in my claim. For this week, I picked up the Bears, and I'm thinking that pairing the Bears and Ravens defense ROS might be a good situation. However, I might also be able to snag the Bengals defense as they were just dropped as well.

Here's the schedule by week of those three...

Week 11: Bears vs. Lions; Ravens @ Packers

Week 12: Bears @ Eagles; Ravens vs. Texans; 

Week 13: Bears vs. 49ers; Ravens vs. Lions

Week 14: Bears @ Bengals; Ravens @ Steelers

Week 15: Bears @ Lions; Ravens @ Browns

Week 16: Bears vs. Browns; Ravens vs. Colts

Green matchups are those that rank in the top 8 for fantasy defenses. (Lions are #12, while the 49ers are #10, so I would have a top 12 matchup for my defense every week)

Thoughts?

Using  the Bears on the road in week 14 seems like a risky proposition. Ravens in Pittsburgh that week is also not ideal. Ravens are definitely worth holding for weeks 15 and 16 if you have room though.

I have Tucker but he is on Bye. I hate to drop him because other than this past week, he's been in double digits. Then again, I can get Boswell from Steelers. I can try to get Tucker back after his Bye week but not sure what direction to go. If I hold on to Tucker for a week while I play Boswell, I don't know who to drop. We get extra points for longer field goals. Here's my team:

PPR 12-team League:

QB: M. Ryan

RB: M. Gordon, A. Abdullah, D. Martin, T. Montgomery

WR: J. Nelson, A. Hurns, S. Diggs, E. Sanders, T. Ginn, J. Smith-Schuster

TE: Z. Ertz, D. Walker

D/ST: Panthers, Eagles

K: J. Tucker

As much as I love Butker, I feel like kicker is a crapshoot and there won't be that much of a difference between the #1 kicker and the #10, especially considering forbath and Boswell are available

Some of us stream defenses preferring to play the matchups, so for those who don't have a stud DST on their roster who are you rostering or targeting for end of season stretch and a playoff run? 

I picked up The Bears to hold through the playoffs

wk 10    GB    
11    Det    
12    @Phi   
13    SF    
14    @Cin  
15    @Det   
16    Cle

but the Saints have been playing amazing defense since wk2

wk 10 @Buf    
11    Wsh    
12    @LAR