NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've personally got just the Steelers in one league, and the Steelers/Ravens Combo in another.. Great matchups through the rest of the season. 

However, for those looking for deeper options, this guy's weekly posts on Reddit have been super helpful, and he's posted up some favorable matchups for the rest of the season, quoted here:

Week 11

Steelers v Titans

Dolphins v Buccaneers

Ravens @ Packers

Saints v Washington

Broncos v Bengals

Week 12

Washington v NY Giants

Bengals v Browns

Panthers @ Jets

Steelers v Packers

Eagles v Bears

Falcons v Buccaneers

Week 13

Bears v 49ers

Steelers @ Bengals

Chargers v Browns

Saints v Panthers

Broncos @ Dolphins

Titans v Texans

Week 14

Texans v 49ers

Bills v Colts

Broncos v Jets

Steelers v Ravens

Bengals v Bears

Bears v Bengals

Week 15

Ravens @ Browns

Vikings v Bengals

Saints v Jets

Bills v Dolphins

Washington v Cardinals

Week 16

Ravens v Colts

Steelers @ Texans

Vikings @ Packers

Bears v Browns

Cardinals v NY Giants

Washington v Broncos

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/7bezhj/week_10_dst_scoring_2017/

Edited by DekuTree

Holding the Steelers and the Lions.  I never usually hold two defenses but it's a 14 teamer and if I drop one of these they'll be gone.

I  have pretty solid matchups from at least one of them every week and some weeks solid choices with both.

8 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Because their offense is a mess. Offenses are tied to defenses, being able to stay on the field so the defense wont get worn out...true story.

I doubt the offense will be a "mess" against SF

14 hours ago, Braves16 said:

CAR is home for entire fantasy playoffs. 

Min

GB

TB

If they’re available or get dropped ahead of their wk 11 bye, you could do much worse during your playoff run. 

Great weeks 15 and 16, but gotta remember week 14 is do or die, and the Vikings offense is very conservative.  They have the 11th most efficient offense (8th passing offense).  If possible, add another D to stream for week 14 and save CAR for 15 & 16.

12 hours ago, Halberdier said:

Can I drop Denver yet?

No.  See my post below:

On 11/8/2017 at 4:52 AM, MBarbarian said:

Anyone think Denver D could be solid ROS after this week?  They've had the 2nd hardest strength of opponent weeks 1-5, then THE hardest weeks 6-10, but then have one of the easiest starting week 11 (CIN, OAK, MIA, NYJ, IND, WAS).  They're still the 6th ranked defense overall per DVOA (and were 2nd before last week's blowout).

Plus, I don't think they're that bad of a start this week.  Brady has only faced one good defense so far this year...and lost.  They're playing AT Denver and the Broncos D is gonna be fired up after last week's embarrassment.

I've had a lot of success streaming defenses using DVOA's team defense efficiency rankings (link) and opponent team offensive efficiency rankings (link).  People put too much stock into the "fantasy points allowed" rankings on espon, yahoo etc., but those sites don't make any adjustment to strength of opponent.  DVOA rankings are much, much more accurate. 

Edited by MBarbarian

Currently holding both NE and Den D/ST, with NE starting.  Chicago D is available (v. GB).  Which of those three would you play?  I want to keep Denver D ROS because I think they'll be incredibly solid, but I'm worried about this week.  I'm on the playoff bubble and could really use a boost from the D.

1 hour ago, AAWWyeah said:

Currently holding both NE and Den D/ST, with NE starting.  Chicago D is available (v. GB).  Which of those three would you play?  I want to keep Denver D ROS because I think they'll be incredibly solid, but I'm worried about this week.  I'm on the playoff bubble and could really use a boost from the D.

I don't know if Denver is a must hold DST - yes they have Colts and Dolphins but also some tougher opponents too.  Defense looks exhausted since their QB keeps turning the ball over. Denver isn't even picked up in my league at the moment but just a 10 man.  NE probably a good play for this week and chicago later on.

Two part question for my 8-team standard league where longer field goals get extra points.

1. I have Lutz. Can get Forbath for this week. Worth the switch? 

2. Elliot and Tucker are both available too (and are on Bye this week). Of all mentioned in my post, who do you like best the rest of the season? 

4 hours ago, ocean1806 said:

Two part question for my 8-team standard league where longer field goals get extra points.

1. I have Lutz. Can get Forbath for this week. Worth the switch? 

2. Elliot and Tucker are both available too (and are on Bye this week). Of all mentioned in my post, who do you like best the rest of the season? 

Personally I like Elliott and am trying to hold him through the bye.