NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeAndre Washington 2017 Season Outlook

burninglegs

I think Washington could potentially be a late round lotto ticket RB this season. He is RB63 in 12 team PPR leagues right now on FFC. He has a little bit of independent value with his pass catching ability. But really drafting him would be as a bet that Lynch either is washed up (3 seasons removed from a good year) and/or is at a high risk for injury and could get injured again. I know we never wish players to get injured or not play well, but there is a possibility that Lynch just doesn't have it any longer at age 31 like he did when he was killing it in the NFL. 

Washington has been flying under the radar and you don't hear much about him. Worth thinking about as a late round pickup.

Edited by burninglegs

28 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

I think Washington could potentially be a late round lotto ticket RB this season. He is RB63 in 12 team PPR leagues right now on FFC. He has a little bit of independent value with his pass catching ability. But really drafting him would be as a bet that Lynch either is washed up (3 seasons removed from a good year) and/or is at a high risk for injury and could get injured again. I know we never wish players to get injured or not play well, but there is a possibility that Lynch just doesn't have it any longer at age 31 like he did when he was killing it in the NFL. 

Washington has been flying under the radar and you don't hear much about him. Worth thinking about as a late round pickup.

Was high(er) on DWash coming out of college, and thought his draft pedigree next to JRichard would assure playing time, but juxtaposed next to Jalen Richard on the field DWash was outplayed almost every game: JRich looked more explosive. That's not to say DWash won't have value if FeastMode falters, but I'd guess that he won't become a 3-down back behind a massive O-line. Blocking prowess might be a key factor between these two, someone to take a hit instead of superCarr, but I didn't see either standing out in that category. Someone weigh in if you have an eye (or stat) for blocking....

58 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Was high(er) on DWash coming out of college, and thought his draft pedigree next to JRichard would assure playing time, but juxtaposed next to Jalen Richard on the field DWash was outplayed almost every game: JRich looked more explosive. That's not to say DWash won't have value if FeastMode falters, but I'd guess that he won't become a 3-down back behind a massive O-line. Blocking prowess might be a key factor between these two, someone to take a hit instead of superCarr, but I didn't see either standing out in that category. Someone weigh in if you have an eye (or stat) for blocking....

Totally agree. Washington getting the hype, but Richard is the better RB. RBBC at best for Washington if Lynch gets hurt. 

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

If Lynch gets suspended for a game we're probably looking at a RBBC especially after that big drop but he looked great running the ball. He ran with a lot of energy, looked like he wanted to prove something. Maybe he retires Lynch? :unsure:

I thought Washington looked really good. I've also been impressed by Richard though. I think either one could be really good in fantasy if given a lot of volume but I don't think either will. Seems like Richard is used more as a passing back, and Washington MAY get more GL carries. So Richard in PPR and Washington in standard? Unfortunately I think they will eat into each others usage too much

7 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

If Lynch gets suspended for a game we're probably looking at a RBBC especially after that big drop but he looked great running the ball. He ran with a lot of energy, looked like he wanted to prove something. Maybe he retires Lynch? :unsure:

It's already pretty much looking like another famous NFL RBBC. I kinda just wanted to do this for fun, but this is so annoying and I now understand why people go 0 RB.

Arizona Cardinals: 1 RB (as of last week)

Atlanta Falcons: 2 RB (Freeman is the lead)

Baltimore Ravens: RBBC

Buffalo Bills: Mostly RBBC

Carolina Panthers: RBBC

Chicago Bears: Mostly RBBC

Cincinnati Bengals: Small RBBC (3 backs, 1 emerging lead)

Cleveland Browns: Who cares (kind of RBBC?)

Dallas Cowboys: 1 RB

Denver Broncos: Uncertain at this point. Could be 1 RB, Charles/Booker stealing looks

Detroit Lions: 1 RB, different passing down back

Green Bay Packers: RBBC

Houston Texans: 1 RB, maybe a small RBBC with D'Onta?

Indianapolis Colts: 1 RB, anemic offense

Jacksonville Jaguars: 1 RB

Kansas City Chiefs: As of lately, 1 RB but different 3rd down back

Los Angeles Chargers: 1 RB

Los Angeles Rams: 1 RB

Miami Dolphins: 1 RB

Minnesota Vikings: RBBC

New England Patriots: 4 man RBBC (when Burkhead returns)

New Orleans Saints: RBBC (Ingram mostly lead back, Kamara stealing looks)

New York Giants: RBBC

New York Jets: Who knows? RBBC

Oakland Raiders: Looking like a RBBC

Philadelphia Eagles: RBBC? (not sure with Smallwood healthy)

Pittsburgh Steelers: 1 RB

San Francisco 49ers: Who really knows. Hyde lead back? Breida stealing looks? 

Seattle Seahawks: RBBC

Tampa Bay Buccanneers: 1 RB

Tennessee Titans: RBBC

Washington Redskins: RBBC

1RB: 12

RBBC (unreliable): 20

These numbers upset me. Some of what I said could be disputed, but it's just my outlook on it. And I don't know why I put this in the Washington thread.

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Buffalo is not RBBC. There may be games where gameflow screws Shady and his touches seem low but when they lean on a RB he gets it.

Shady hasn't gotten many red zone looks in quite some time. They seem to be giving Tolbert the ball. I know it's not really RBBC, but him losing those red zone touches is massive for his value.

23 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Shady hasn't gotten many red zone looks in quite some time. They seem to be giving Tolbert the ball. I know it's not really RBBC, but him losing those red zone touches is massive for his value.

As you conceded, it's not a RBBC. He just has gotten vultured a lot, which may or may not continue. I don't want to derail the thread talking about another player, but bottom line RBBC sucks for fantasy and Oakland looks like a full blown one

Edited by owenmills

2 hours ago, turner46 said:

Yes he is worth a pickup and hopefully not but depending on your other options and with 6 teams on bye he could be some teams best option.

2 hours ago, nk3323 said:

Is he worth a pickup and start with Lynch out? 

I'd suggest that Jalen Richard would be the better grab, despite the obvious difference in draft pedigree. Last year, and this year, Richard looks like the more explosive player when compared to Washington.