NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul Richardson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Thinking about using waiver on him. 

Should be seattle #2. Wilson has been looking his way a lot. Anyone else intrigued? Loss of LT should have them throwing the ball more

Kasen Williams and Lockett are both good and fighting for that same spot. WR2 for Seattle looks more of rotational 3 man committee as they have depth and talent. None would be worth a waiver claim as of now. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pjbyrne707 said:

Anything to see here with Kearse on the block?

Everything I have read in the preseason has been glowing reviews. Seattle really loves him, as can be seen by them trying to trade Kearse. 

With Baldwin + Graham + Lockett, I don't know how much is left to go around. If you were in a super deep league, then yeah I could see adding him. But I think at this point I would wait and see. 

On 8/30/2017 at 8:29 PM, burninglegs said:

With Baldwin + Graham + Lockett, I don't know how much is left to go around. If you were in a super deep league, then yeah I could see adding him. But I think at this point I would wait and see. 

Ya...hes on my watchlist but i dont think that offense can support 4 weapons 

43 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

Ya...hes on my watchlist but i dont think that offense can support 4 weapons 

Maybe not but considering he's barely played in the 3 years he's been on the team due to injury and yet they still have him on the roster is very telling. When he does play, he's the most explosive receiver they have. I'm a Lockett fan but I have to admit that Richardson is more explosive. Some of his catches last season (looked really good in the playoffs) and even this preseason were incredible. If Baldwin were injured I could see Richardson killing it in his place. 

19 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

Maybe not but considering he's barely played in the 3 years he's been on the team due to injury and yet they still have him on the roster is very telling. When he does play, he's the most explosive receiver they have. I'm a Lockett fan but I have to admit that Richardson is more explosive. Some of his catches last season (looked really good in the playoffs) and even this preseason were incredible. If Baldwin were injured I could see Richardson killing it in his place. 

Is he more explosive than Lockett? I haven't followed Richardson that closely due to him always being injured it seems. Lockett is explosive in his own right. 

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

Is he more explosive than Lockett? I haven't followed Richardson that closely due to him always being injured it seems. Lockett is explosive in his own right. 

Yeah. I would say that he is. I think Lockett is a better route runner and deep threat. He's more precise. But Richardson will go up/out to make the play. Watch some of his highlights from last season whoever you get the chance. 

Edited by ss3walkman
2 hours ago, ss3walkman said:

Yeah. I would say that he is. I think Lockett is a better route runner and deep threat. He's more precise. But Richardson will go up/out to make the play. Watch some of his highlights from last season whoever you get the chance. 

Yeah Richardson is pretty good, he could be a nice sleeper putting him on my watch list.

I've watched Richardson on film in his limited playing time (due to injuries), and the guy is a play maker. Just watch film from last season, the guy goes up to get balls. He had a number of ridiculous catches, just look at the SEA vs DET game. 

It might just be me, but I'm so tired of hearing Lockett's name popping up when it comes to WR.

SEA has this guy inked in as the #2 receiver and rightfully so. If this guy can play a full 16 games (with Russell Wilson healthy), it's not out of the possibility that we see him become a legitimate Top-40 WR. 

My projections (if he plays 14-16 games): 

70 Catches, 842 Receiving Yards, 6 TDs. 

1 minute ago, Savatage79 said:

His pickup numbers have skyrocketed on yahoo, any other updates that haven't been posted?  

The official WR2 on the team. He had a hot run to end the season last season, and is now primed for possible breakout. He's one of my favorite pre week 1 pickups. Get him!

23 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

His pickup numbers have skyrocketed on yahoo, any other updates that haven't been posted?  

The RotoGrinders update on his rotoworld profile also states his favorable matchup against GB for week 1.  That, plus the cancellation of the MIA/TB game that make owners search for a streamer w/ upside. 

13 minutes ago, Bernie51 said:

The RotoGrinders update on his rotoworld profile also states his favorable matchup against GB for week 1.  That, plus the cancellation of the MIA/TB game that make owners search for a streamer w/ upside. 

That's what it is, I knew the situation but yea with people searching for a streamer that was what kicked that off, gotcha 

Surprised there isn't more hype on this guy. He's locked in as the #2 receiver and as time goes by you have to be less and less concerned about Lockett--dude is as injury prone as it gets and they are still using him as PR/KR so hard to see him overtaking Richardson as the #2. As others have mentioned, great run to end the season last year, they traded Kearse, and they've held onto him despite his injuries.

If there are concerns on this guy it's that he has an extensive injury history, still unproven for the most part (though we've seen flashes), and there isn't a lot of precedent for the WR2 on this team providing a lot of fantasy value...granted I do recall Lockett being an intriguing pickup his rookie year. What am I missing? Doesn't this guy have as good of a chance as anyone else in his range of being a solid WR3/flex option, with upside for more with an injury to Baldwin or possibly even Graham?

4 hours ago, AnchorDown said:

Surprised there isn't more hype on this guy. He's locked in as the #2 receiver and as time goes by you have to be less and less concerned about Lockett--dude is as injury prone as it gets and they are still using him as PR/KR so hard to see him overtaking Richardson as the #2. As others have mentioned, great run to end the season last year, they traded Kearse, and they've held onto him despite his injuries.

If there are concerns on this guy it's that he has an extensive injury history, still unproven for the most part (though we've seen flashes), and there isn't a lot of precedent for the WR2 on this team providing a lot of fantasy value...granted I do recall Lockett being an intriguing pickup his rookie year. What am I missing? Doesn't this guy have as good of a chance as anyone else in his range of being a solid WR3/flex option, with upside for more with an injury to Baldwin or possibly even Graham?

Also, the O-Line in Seattle is atrocious so passing will be the preferred method of matriculation. 

I'm getting strong breakout vibes from Richardson.

Kearse gone. Wilson healthy. Graham healthy helps open up the passing game. Won a starting spot, electric down the field, and loving his ball skills.

Been grabbing him for free while I still can. Could be that out of nowhere WR2.

Edited by Deadpool
4 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I'm getting strong breakout vibes from Richardson.

Kearse gone. Wilson healthy. Graham healthy helps open up the passing game. Won a starting spot, electric down the field, and loving his ball skills.

Been grabbing him for free while I still can. Could be that out of nowhere WR2.

i agree, if he could only stay healthy