NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul Richardson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both have value but this offense can't support 4 receiving threats as they are not usually playing from behind.

Richardson so far has 19 targets which would be 2nd on team. He also is getting the TDs. 

I am debating picking him or Lockett in flex if Baldwin doesn't go.

23 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Both have value but this offense can't support 4 receiving threats as they are not usually playing from behind.

Richardson so far has 19 targets which would be 2nd on team. He also is getting the TDs. 

I am debating picking him or Lockett in flex if Baldwin doesn't go.

This offense can't support more than 2 pass catchers.  baldwin+graham. anyone else is coin flip

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, burninglegs said:

This is the guy to pick up off waivers this week imo. 

Do you think he is ahead of Lockett or do you see them about even?  Is he more talented than Lockett?  Up until this past week when Wilson had to throw a million times, He didn’t  seem to get as many targets although he does get tds. 

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Do you think he is ahead of Lockett or do you see them about even?  Is he more talented than Lockett?  Up until this past week when Wilson had to throw a million times, He didn’t  seem to get as many targets although he does get tds. 

Richardson is who the Seahawks thought they had in Lockett imo.

11 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Richardson is who the Seahawks thought they had in Lockett imo.

So, you see Richardson as clearly higher in the pecking order based on Tds and snap counts.....but for some reason, Lockett has more targets (by only 3) and he rushes the ball every so often and he has a deep threat ability that I don’t believe Richardson has.  For some reason, I’m thinking Lockett will blossom as the season progresses, maybe the recovery from his injury gets better and better. 

7 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

So, you see Richardson as clearly higher in the pecking order based on Tds and snap counts.....but for some reason, Lockett has more targets (by only 3) and he rushes the ball every so often and he has a deep threat ability that I don’t believe Richardson has.  For some reason, I’m thinking Lockett will blossom as the season progresses, maybe the recovery from his injury gets better and better. 

No because he was bound to breakout based on what he flashed when he was healthy. He is healthy. Wilson is balling out. Seattle defense is vulnerable like we haven't seen in some time. Seattle has no run game. Wilson will be throwing a lot ROS imo. 

He is flashing in the NFL, just like he flashed in college. Preseason he was a guy that I had on my sleeper radar after hearing that Richardson worked with Wilson during the offseason. Now that we are seeing his usage + him performing in the regular season, I want him ROS. 

From preseason. 

Crazy stat time...Richardson is 12th in total FP's and 10th PPG, amongst WR's in my main league (.25 points per catch, 1 point every 15 receiving yards, 6 points per TD, 3 point bonus for 100 yard game).

In my other league (1 point per catch, 1 point every 15 yards, 6 points per TD, 1 point bonus for 100 yard game), he's 29th in total FP's and 22nd PPG. 

So even across different scoring systems, Richardson has basically played to a WR #2 level so far. A lot of it was built off his huge game last week, but he has done enough in prior weeks to help him achieve these current rankings. 

I think he's a worthwhile asset. I already have had him for a few weeks in my deepest league (16 teams) and got the benefit of his last two performances. Picked him up in my two 10-teamers as well, so I'm all in on Richardson at this point. I remember him being considered a deep sleeper at the beginning of his career, and hopefully it is all coming together for him now. 

Edited by Corleone

Richardson has a nice floor, but he's

still 3rd in Seattle's pecking order and Lockett is due for 2-3 TDs down the stretch.  If you didn't start Richardson last week you missed his best game of the season.  Still, I prefer him over Lockett because Wilson seems to look for him in the EZ second only to Graham.

Edited by Red Dog

He actually had a 3rd TD last week but it was called back due to a penalty.

I drafted and rostered him all year in my 14 and 16 teamers-- started him the last 3 weeks...feels like he can be a trusted WR2 moving forward. As Red Dog stated, it's a solid floor and we've seen the upside. Sea needs to pass and clearly PR never leaves the field.