NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul Richardson 2017 Season Outlook

8 hours ago, hard1 said:

Love if this guy got 10 targets a game.

..come on russ help a brother out

Should be back to be being healthy after a mini-bye week(Thursday night game last week now plays MON)

Looks like Paul is back on the menu boys.

Seattle still can't run the ball, no Sherman on defense should be a high scoring game, Wilson will have to throw to keep up.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Monday Night Football in Week 11, the Seattle Seahawks will host the Atlanta Falcons.

This is notable because the Seahawks are coming off a Thursday Night Football outing in Week 10, giving them what we refer to as a "mini-bye."

Ironically, the season-ending injury to cornerback Richard Sherman might help Paul Richardson here.

Why?

Well, the Falcons managed to put up 27 points in Week 10. Although their offense has been somewhat inconsistent this season, to keep up with the Seahawks and score, they'll need to do it through the air.

Without Sherman, that will make it that much easier for Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

If it goes that way, the Seahawks will be throwing as well. However, they'll be throwing against a Falcons defense that, through Week 9, ranked 24th in DVOA against the pass.

But, where Richardson comes in is here: The Falcons ranked 32nd in DVOA against opposing No. 2 wide receivers.

Richardson had just one catch for 43 yards in Week 10, but this game has plenty more potential to have more points scored and the Falcons cannot defend wide receivers.

Bounce-back week for Richardson incoming.

27 minutes ago, vmo1059 said:

Understandably quiet thread, but Sea should throw against SF. Thoughts?

you can throw, run, do whatever you like against the 49ers...

just have to pray that the 49ers can keep up... or else it's a Rawls/Lacy kind of inefficient running stats rack up :shudders:

2 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Thoughts this week vs PHI? Shootout? With lack of SEA running game?

PHI seems like the type of defense that would give SEA trouble. They have a great DL and bring a lot of pressure.  SEA's horrid OL should be overwhelmed. 

Yeah Philly won't need to bring pressure to keep the heat on Russ, it's not a great match-up (SEA O-line v Phi front) but if Russ can continue to make d-linemen miss and buy time then he can attack this Philly corners and secondary. In my main 16 teamer it's playoff time and I will likely roll out PR in wr2 spot--over the likes of Hogan, M Bryant and Josh Reynolds.

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah Philly won't need to bring pressure to keep the heat on Russ, it's not a great match-up (SEA O-line v Phi front) but if Russ can continue to make d-linemen miss and buy time then he can attack this Philly corners and secondary. In my main 16 teamer it's playoff time and I will likely roll out PR in wr2 spot--over the likes of Hogan, M Bryant and Josh Reynolds.

I think you have too...I like reynolds this week too but dang if he duds....and costs you would you be ok with it? Tough calls...

This has the makings of being a shootout, although I do give PHI the edge due to the lack of CB/Safety presence on SEA's side.

Richardson is about as solid of a "sure-thing" as you will find each week if you're in a PPR league, as he almost always posts 8-10 points a week.

In a game that SEA really can't afford to lose (as they sit 7-4 right now) with @jax, LAR, DAL on deck, this should be a shootout.

I'm giving PHI the edge even while playing at SEA, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Russ Wilson throw the ball 45 times this game.

My prediction: PHI - 34    SEA - 30  - Russ Wilson throws 30-for-46 on the night, Richardson will go 5-63-0 or 5-63-1.

Paul Richardson

On the season, Tyler Lockett has seen just one fewer target than Richardson, but the difference in performance is massive. Richardson has 35 receptions for 584 yards and five touchdowns, while Lockett has 33 receptions for 408 yards and no touchdowns. Richardson has earned his way into Wilson’s trust and has now seen 15 targets over the last two weeks, his most in any two-game stretch this season. He hasn’t scored since Week 8, but with the way Wilson is playing, it’s only a matter of time. He’ll see Jalen Mills the majority of the time, and while he’s been better as of late, he was one of the league’s worst corner-backs in football last year. Continue playing Richardson as a low-end WR3/high-end WR4.

SNF. I agree with the above that Wilson may throw the rock 40+ times this week. 

Graham is a little dinged and may be reserved for more redzone looks. Could see 8-10 targets for 6-7 receptions would be my guess. 

He seems reasonably safe for 10 ppr points. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, DrRazvi said:

Any thoughts about his outlook this Sunday against the Rams? 

That I hate relying on him...he's a wr2/3 with 1 upside but had like what 1 game of that all year?

....somehow he needs to catch more of his targets....only hope it's a shoot out

Just now, hard1 said:

That I hate relying on him...he's a wr2/3 with 1 upside but had like what 1 game of that all year?

....somehow he needs to catch more of his targets....only hope it's a shoot out

I don't agree with this at all. He's a wide receiver 4 with wide receiver not much upside.

24 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I don't agree with this at all. He's a wide receiver 4 with wide receiver not much upside.

I can see that but he's getting me ppr points of better than a waiver wire fodder....he could do more....he's a fa at the end of the season be curious if Seattle retains him or let's him walk and where he'll go that will care to use his real talents and get him the ball....he was wr1 tendencies but isn't gettimg to use them on the reg...his playoff game last year, things of champions it's in him...but it's being wasted...

Worried about Lockett emerging lately and Mike Davis looks like the back for Sea they can finally depend on...Its hard not see Davis get 20 touches @ 31st worst Run D, plus with Sea secondary so banged up, their going try keep ball as long as possible...

32 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Worried about Lockett emerging lately and Mike Davis looks like the back for Sea they can finally depend on...Its hard not see Davis get 20 touches @ 31st worst Run D, plus with Sea secondary so banged up, their going try keep ball as long as possible...

Are they though?