NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaylen Brown 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Crazycanto said:

For some reason in the days before the draft the hype died down and transferred to Tatum, even though there were few indications Brown was losing out or that there even existed a battle in the first place. He also didn't seem to be on Rotoworld's "expert" list which showed with more recent blurbs being lukewarm about him. 

People always overhype rookies. The number of 19-year old rookies who have had great fantasy seasons can't be very long... I'd have been taking Brown over Tatum even before this.

• Like 1
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Top 5 player this year 

Now sell Brown back to the Hayward owner at a 1000% markup  

He's the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA right now

1 minute ago, benc said:

Not sure why you are so down on him. Atlanta has nobody this year. Had 20 points 6 boards 5 assists 1 steal and 3 three pointers in last preseason game 

He barely finished inside the top 150 last season and Taurean Prince is a way superior player than he is.

5 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

FT% probably as well. PTS might not be too far off compared to Brown...? I'm assuming Markkanen will receive opportunities, since Bulls are so thin.

Personally I like Valentine over Markkanen since assist are alot harder to come by. But that's just me.

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Now sell Brown back to the Hayward owner at a 1000% markup

rubbing-hands-together-gif-7.gif

haha....

enticing....

Nah I think I'll keep him! Please ESPN give him SG eligibility.

3 minutes ago, richg24 said:

People don't get how talented this guy is. He isn't just some scrub that can put up fantasy stats with big minutes. Celtics look at him as a guy thats gonna be an all star averaging 20+ points. 

Any time I see a team giving a rookie a lot of burn in the playoffs, you know that's a guy to look out for. This guy and Dejonte Murray were the two I definitely took notice of in last year's playoffs, their teams definitely see them as the future.

Friendly reminder, team and league specific questions such as add/drops etc have no place in the player threads. Theres an assistant coach forum for that.

Thanks, and happy posting. 

• Like 1

Hes looking really good out there. He and Horford had a good stretch early in  the third.

Not a bad idea to try selling him to the hayward owner. I feel sick about the injury like everyone, but should be a good fantasy opportunity for Brown owners. Ima try to upgrade my Damian to Steph.

Marucus Morris is trash. Steven now has no choice but to give burn to Tatum and Brown  and develop them fast for them to have a shot at competing this year. Stevens is a very very smart guy and he knows this too. Marcus Morris ain't taking this team anywhere

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, sya said:

Marucus Morris is trash. Steven now has no choice but to give burn to Tatum and Brown  and develop them fast for them to have a shot at competing this year. Stevens is a very very smart guy and he knows this too. Marcus Morris ain't taking this team anywhere

It won't stop him from playing Morris though.They unloaded Avery Bradley for him; albeit for cap space. He's going to be playing whether people like it or not. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

It won't stop him from playing Morris though.They unloaded Avery Bradley for him; albeit for cap space. He's going to be playing whether people like it or not. 

That's what I'm thinking. Regardless on how bad of a player Morris is, he's still going to play. Like Ojeleye got 9 minutes tonight. Even Larkin checked in. 

People are much too quick to assume things that is outside of the fantasy world.

2 minutes ago, tongs said:

That's what I'm thinking. Regardless on how bad of a player Morris is, he's still going to play. Like Ojeleye got 9 minutes tonight. Even Larkin checked in. 

People are much too quick to assume things that is outside of the fantasy world.

Marcus would play stretch 4 and certainly would soak up possessions but i cant imagine jaylen not playing legit starters mins going fwd. Tatum will be limited but still obv osnable. 

Edited by Lakers_Fan2

Jaylen Brown was already a late round pick before the Hayward injury..  The injury is gonna benefit him the most and its showing in tonight's game. Also Bazemore was bad last year, but this year there is like no one on the team so he will produce.  

Not sure what the real debate here is. Marcus will play and it wont take away from Jaylen playing time. Jaylen can play 3 positions so he should be on the court most of the game. When a guy has position versatility, and plays tough defense, hes always a useful player. With 35mpg to dole out at SF no reason he doesnt get the majority of those mins. In addition to minuts at PF and SG depending on match ups.

• Like 1