• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Top 5 player this year 

Now sell Brown back to the Hayward owner at a 1000% markup  

He's the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA right now

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

I'm seeing a lot of new faces around here compared to the past few years.. we used to have sensible conversations about guys being worth pick-ups and having a wait and see approach.. this forum unfortunately is derailing just like other channels on the internet and reminding me a bit of a youtube comments section. The same thing happened to RealGM over time on my Raptors forum.. 

DeRozan has one good game - "OMG AMAZING BEST PLAYER EVER ALLSTAR, THIS GUY GONNA CARRY US TO A CHAMPIONSHIP

DeRozan has a bad game the following game - "THIS GUY IS A ******** SCRUB, TRADE HIM, HORRIBLE"

we're seeing the same thing in fantasy land

This February, I will have been here ten years: it's always like that.  This thread is nothing new.  But when a very high usage player goes out for presumably the season on the very first night, and the number 3 pick from the year before has a great game in his absence, what exactly do you expect?  I say it several times every year: this is the same community that has gotten hype for Anthony Randolph, Tyrus Thomas, Terrence Smith, etc.  And with good reason, too.  Every year someone hot basically gives a random team a puncher's chance in H2H, and every year someone blows away their ADP to make an otherwise meh team into a contender year round.

And no, I'm not defending him because I have him.  I'm in several leagues and I have him in none and I believe he was drafted in most.  My late round fliers were folks like Dedmon and Teodosic and RHJ because I tend to draft conservatively and then get aggressive on the wire.  The craziest I went was getting Mirotic (lol) in a couple because I figured someone needed to score on the Bulls.  But Brown should be owned in the vast majority of leagues right now, and if you had to drop your last rounder to get him?  That's probably something you should do.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

This February, I will have been here ten years: it's always like that.  This thread is nothing new.  But when a very high usage player goes out for presumably the season on the very first night, and the number 3 pick from the year before has a great game in his absence, what exactly do you expect?  I say it several times every year: this is the same community that has gotten hype for Anthony Randolph, Tyrus Thomas, Terrence Smith, etc.  And with good reason, too.  Every year someone hot basically gives a random team a puncher's chance in H2H, and every year someone blows away their ADP to make an otherwise meh team into a contender year round.

And no, I'm not defending him because I have him.  I'm in several leagues and I have him in none and I believe he was drafted in most.  My late round fliers were folks like Dedmon and Teodosic and RHJ because I tend to draft conservatively and then get aggressive on the wire.  The craziest I went was getting Mirotic (lol) in a couple because I figured someone needed to score on the Bulls.  But Brown should be owned in the vast majority of leagues right now, and if you had to drop your last rounder to get him?  That's probably something you should do.

I said all of those things in my Jaylen posts, I'm not detesting he's a good pick up.

But it gets bad at the beginning of the season and then things settle down when some of the newcomers go away as the season gets into the long-stretches. 

I don't think this is any worse than any time else.  I'm sure we could both go back years and see people saying the same thing about random dudes (and especially rooks) in January of 2011 or December of 2014 or February of 2009 or whatever.  Fantasy players get hyped for upside more than pro scouts, and for exactly the same reasons.

Had an open roster spot with IT2 in IR. I put my WW claim on josh rich before game but changed it last 5 mins for Jaylen and got him instead(Waivers cleared about an hour ago). Was really surprised too as my league is really active on the wire. Lets see if this dude can break out now !! 

41 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

The Anthony Randolph hype was real. On our Real GM forum his nickname was Baby Jesus lol 

why are people hating on Brown? is he going to average 25ppg for the rest of the year? Hell no. Does his shot need work, yes. But guy is 20 years old! I also have no idea why people are saying he had a poor rookie year. He didn't blow the league on fire last year, but if you follow Celtics games closely, you could see Brad Stevens had a plan to develop this kid. He was playing him big minutes a few games into the season last year. Even choked in the Thursday TNT game against the Bulls during the 2nd game, but Stevens wanted him out there to develop him.

Kid is 20, played well against Lebron, is super athletic. FT needs work, but if you nab him late in your drafts or from waiver wire, what's not to like. yeah he did miss 2 3s during the last minute, but you have to love the confidence he has and being given to him by Stevens to have the green light to take big shots at the end game

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, sya said:

why are people hating on Brown? is he going to average 25ppg for the rest of the year? Hell no. Does his shot need work, yes. But guy is 20 years old! I also have no idea why people are saying he had a poor rookie year. He didn't blow the league on fire last year, but if you follow Celtics games closely, you could see Brad Stevens had a plan to develop this kid. He was playing him big minutes a few games into the season last year. Even choked in the Thursday TNT game against the Bulls during the 2nd game, but Stevens wanted him out there to develop him.

Kid is 20, played well against Lebron, is super athletic. FT needs work, but if you nab him late in your drafts or from waiver wire, what's not to like. yeah he did miss 2 3s during the last minute, but you have to love the confidence he has and being given to him by Stevens to have the green light to take big shots at the end game

People who are hating on him are people who missed out on him. It's simple. You can't hate on a guy who scored 25 points on 11/23 shooting with 3 steals and has the potential to play 35+ mins per game. It's so stupid that people are hating on him, there's so much upside. (He was drafted in both of my leagues so I don't have him in my team, just being realistic) 

8 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

People who are hating on him are people who missed out on him. It's simple. You can't hate on a guy who scored 25 points on 11/23 shooting with 3 steals and has the potential to play 35+ mins per game. It's so stupid that people are hating on him, there's so much upside. (He was drafted in both of my leagues so I don't have him in my team, just being realistic) 

this guy was considered a 3rd pick with high ceiling, and he has a chance to reach that ceiling sooner rather than later. I bet you, many lakers fans are regretting picking Ingram ahead of Brown. Ingram looks like he hasn't gained much weight, and still not strong enough to be in the NBA

Nobody is hating on him in this forum. I just find it funny how nobody last season was saying "if this guy gets minutes he's going to beast!", but all of a sudden he has a good 32min game and people are dropping solid players for him.

I had the chance to replace mirotic with him in my 10 teamer but chose RHJ instead, so theres no saltiness there at all from "missing out". Acting like you've unearthed a gem is that you never looked twice at before todays game is super irrational. 

• Like 3

something no one is mentioning. if you watched the game, he missed like 4 easy bucketa that he wont usually miss. 1 dunk, and like 3 easy layups. so he has the potential for an even nicer line. 

also, did they take away 1 of his steals? im pretty sure he had 3 steals. 

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

Nobody is hating on him in this forum. I just find it funny how nobody last season was saying "if this guy gets minutes he's going to beast!", but all of a sudden he has a good 32min game and people are dropping solid players for him.

I had the chance to replace mirotic with him in my 10 teamer but chose RHJ instead, so theres no saltiness there at all from "missing out". Acting like you've unearthed a gem is that you never looked twice at before todays game is super irrational. 

After last night's game people really seem to think he is Ariza with better FG%. Amazing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ROTY said:

Two nits here:  First, last season he was a rookie did not show tremendous improvement until the playoffs and then the summer league.  Relatedly, second, by the time he showed that improvement, they had Gordon Hayward and so the upside seemed limited simply because of opportunity. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

something no one is mentioning. if you watched the game, he missed like 4 easy bucketa that he wont usually miss. 1 dunk, and like 3 easy layups. so he has the potential for an even nicer line. 

also, did they take away 1 of his steals? im pretty sure he had 3 steals. 

He also had 29% usage rate and put up 23 shots. You really think that's sustainable? If so, you're saying he's basically a super star that's just broken out. Come on.

I had no one to drop, and unfortunately was out having dinner when Hayward went down. Otherwise I definitely would've dropped Kyle Kuzma for him.

With that said I'm not too upset because I didn't need the extra points(which I believe will be his strongest cat) or 3's on one of  my squad because I have the likes or Lillard, Jokic, KLove, etc.

However I do think he has a huge opportunity ahead of him this season. I think he's a much better and confident 3-point shooter. He's always been an aggressive player and a finisher around the rim, with a very high motor.

People will be attracted to him because of the points and playing time, and rightfully so.

I would think his ceiling this season is something like 19 PPG 5.5 RPG 1 APG with 2 3PM and 1 STL on like 2.7 TO and 44% FG

49 minutes ago, ber said:

lets hope brown gets 32-35 mins per game and avg 17/6/2 with 45% FG 78% FT 1 3s , 1steal and 0.7 blocks realistic numbers?

Highly doubt he's going to average .7 blocks. He has great leaping ability and while he is a good athlete, he reaches a lot.

Turnovers will be the key to his value in 9-cat. He bulldozers a lot in the lane which will result in a lot of charges and turnovers.