Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaylen Brown 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Top 5 player this year 

Now sell Brown back to the Hayward owner at a 1000% markup  

He's the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA right now

For reference purposes, I won the FAAB for him this morning. On a $200 budget I got him with $51 and won a tie breaker. I thought it was a bit high but I also had Mirotic which made the decision a bit easier and a reason to bid more.

Not that it matters because he probably isn't on the wire anymore.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

luckily we don't have to wait long to see and debate if last night is a good indication of what to expect this season. sadly i missed out on him because when the GH injury went down, the only beneficiary that came to mind was Tatum but he was already picked up so I didn't think anything of it. Damn brain fart. If playing fantasy for years has ever taught me anything, some WW of the year additions begin the first few games of the season.  A lot of factors in his favor as he seem to have really improve all aspects of his game

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I look at it. Had Hayward resigned with Utah and we went into the season with Jaylen as the starting SF w/ Kyrie and Horford, I would think he would be an upside pick around round 7-9 with the possibility of flirting with round 4-5 value.

 

I think that's about where he lands now.

 

Some basic projections imo are around: 14.5-16PPG 6.6RPG 1.2 3pt, 1.4spg 45fg% 77Ft%

 

He could outperform those numbers, but I would say that if hes getting around 35mpg he should be at those levels.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jbeezy said:

The way I look at it. Had Hayward resigned with Utah and we went into the season with Jaylen as the starting SF w/ Kyrie and Horford, I would think he would be an upside pick around round 7-9 with the possibility of flirting with round 4-5 value.

 

I think that's about where he lands now.

 

Some basic projections imo are around: 14.5-16PPG 6.6RPG 1.2 3pt, 1.4spg 45fg% 77Ft%

 

He could outperform those numbers, but I would say that if hes getting around 35mpg he should be at those levels.

 

 

Steals look way high based on his college profile and limited NBA log thus far. The rest looks about right, although I could see fg% at 43% and ft% at 74%(give or take)

 

He's kinda gonna look like TJ Warren with more counting stats and lower %s

Edited by Code of Hammurabi
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Steals look way high based on his college profile and limited NBA log thus far. The rest looks about right, although I could see fg% at 43% and ft% at 74%(give or take)

 

He's kinda gonna look like TJ Warren with more counting stats and lower %s

 

that doesn't sound like TJ Warren at all...

 

I wouldn't expect too many more 25 point outbursts.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Steals look way high based on his college profile and limited NBA log thus far. The rest looks about right, although I could see fg% at 43% and ft% at 74%(give or take)

 

He's kinda gonna look like TJ Warren with more counting stats and lower %s

are you saying people can't get better than they were in college? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually picked up Jaylen before the game last night in my points league.  I had the open roster spot with Batum on my IR, and I wanted have someone to key in on and watch that played starters minutes.  I don't think he has many more 25+ point games, but he is capable of putting up middle round value, easily late round value.  I just don't get all the hatred for some people towards him.  If Hayward went down in the preseason, he would have easily vaulted up into a top 125 pick with massive upside.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who watched all of his college games I can say that he has a very high upside. There is a reason Ainge picked him #3 in the draft despite his college numbers. He is a freak athlete for his size. I probably just overpaid for him on waivers but I’m thrilled to have him on board.

Edited by Vman7
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tongs said:

For reference purposes, I won the FAAB for him this morning. On a $200 budget I got him with $51 and won a tie breaker. I thought it was a bit high but I also had Mirotic which made the decision a bit easier and a reason to bid more.

Not that it matters because he probably isn't on the wire anymore.

Awesome info! Thank you for providing this as an example of the details needed to put this in context for everyone debating this decision. This means nothing to me because I am on a weekly FAAB and Brown was drafted, but just wanted to say thank you for providing actionable insights. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...