NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dede Westbrook 2017 Season Outlook

Best college wr last year fell to the 4th round because of character concerns. Lee hurt and Jags talking like they wanna move Hurns. Maybe because this guy's been lighting it up in the preseason. Thoughts?

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Best college wr last year fell to the 4th round because of character concerns. Lee hurt and Jags talking like they wanna move Hurns. Maybe because this guy's been lighting it up in the preseason. Thoughts?

He lit it up vs a guy with one leg (hard knocks)

Missed out on this guy in dynasty. Liked the potential but I passed on him simply because I had already drafted Mixon and I didn't want another guy with character concerns on my team. The Jags have him on a short lease, but he seems to be walking the line. 

Yea this guy looks like a really fun late-round dynasty stash right now. If he could get his head on straight, he could be a pretty exciting player. 

The knocks on him are the off-the-field stuff and his thinner frame (6-0, 178), but the pluses are electric tape, good pro day numbers, good college stats, a good offseason, and a really eye opening preseason against backups. 4-3-62-1 tonight. His one missed target was a goal-line fade that was picked. Definitely liking what I see. Definitely worth the late flyer in dynasty as well IMO. 

Edited by jetfan1983

I know if you look at Biletnikoff winners of the last 10 years, the majority have been strong NFL receivers.  Of course, the two that weren't were in Jacksonville (Lee still there).  From a football talent standpoint, I think he's got potential for a rebuilder to take a flyer on.  They need a new QB soon, but they can get a good one this year if Bortles plays to the best of his (in)ability.  

Watching him this preseason, the guy simply understands that if you run to an open space > the qb has a better chance to get you the ball, and the better the chance you'll have to do something with it after you catch it.

A must grab n stash.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, hard1 said:

So marqis Lee and allen hurns not doing much on a run first team and this kids gonna come in and??? Be a wr 3? 

play action to Dede. I think he's going to add a new element to that offense. In keeper/dynasty he's a guy you want because Robinson and Hurns are both free agents after this year.  Could be the default WR1 next year. 

Based on pure talent he's up there with any WR in this rookie class.