NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dede Westbrook 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

I sure am posting a lot itt considering I don't own him, lol. But...I think most (maybe all) are stashing him just in case talent meets opportunity and something useful happens. I don't believe anyone is banking on him or hoping he can be their WR1...just a stash hoping he can be useful for the playoffs. Sometimes you pick up guys you might not fully buy into because of the factors surrounding them. In Dede's case, it's a lack of a good WR in the Jags' offense, his overall talent, his speed and ability to stretch the field, the fact that Fournette's presence should get him some open looks via play action, etc. Whether all that adds up to a useful fantasy WR remains to be seen. But it could be worth the add just to see if all the factors converge just right. 

This years tyreek hill.

No other good wrs on the roster, fast, shifty wr who can make huge plays.

Ill be dropping golladay for him 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Allen Robinson couldnt get it done in this offense, what makes this guy different?

Who said he couldn't get it done on offense this year? He got injured in the beginning of the season so we will never know. And if you are referring to last year, if you didn't notice, our whole team couldn't get it done because of all the problems we had on offense. Not just A-Rob. Do you know that every year little things can change to produce better offense such as offensive line changeups, etc.? This is a different year.

SMH.

1 minute ago, DezBryant88 said:

Allen Robinson only played one game... 

The two seasons before that he scored 20 TDs. What exactly is your point here? Lol

He has no point. Some people don't look at the stats before they make comments that have no basis.

6 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Allen Robinson couldnt get it done in this offense, what makes this guy different?

Lost him for the season on the 1st catch of game 1.  I think he was going to hav a good year which is why i drafted him. The running game was going to be a positive impact on his targets. 

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Lost him for the season on the 1st catch of game 1.  I think he was going to hav a good year which is why i drafted him. The running game was going to be a positive impact on his targets. 

There you go, this is all that I was looking for.  I am not (un)fortunate enough to follow the Jags on daily basis to know the details :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

I was referring more to last year's performance.  My comment wasnt in no way a criticism but rather looking for a logical response on how Dede would benefit here.

last year they had zero running game and a QB making mistakes on every play plus a coaching staff in disarray which cause the owner to get involved and fire some people.

2 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

You must not know anything about football if you think A-Rob is trash. Good to know your opinions for future conversations will be useless.

I really don't care what you think of my opinions. I never came here to personally advise you dude.

Hey, when I guy gets 153 targets and 73 of them go incomplete, you can pretend it's everyone else's fault but his own if you want. But most people who aren't total Jags homers will know better.

4 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I really don't care what you think of my opinions. I never came here to personally advise you dude.

Hey, when I guy gets 153 targets and 73 of them go incomplete, you can pretend it's everyone else's fault but his own if you want. But most people who aren't total Jags homers will know better.

So 80 receptions for 1,400 receiving yards and 14 TD in a regular season makes a guy garbage? You ever considered that he doesn't have the greatest QB throwing to him either on those 153 targets with 73 incomplete? Ever considered the passes were way off? You have no idea what you are talking about so I'm glad to warn others who try and listen to you.

Edited by jagsfan05

CSB plug - College pedigree - yuuuuuge. Heisman consideration, biletnikoff winner. I've stashed him in a 12 team ppr since week 5.  He beat out hurns before he was put on ir. There were trade rumours for hurns in week 1 but then AR 15 went down, Dede to IR so they needed to keep hurns. Think about context, hurns was of the old regime a udfa with Florida connections to the previous coach.  They want to make their mark on a new regime so I think Westbrook will get his opportunities.

It appears he has been a student of the game attending all receiver meetings during his recovery.  As a second half of the season break out potential he is my pick.  My concerns stem from commitment to fournette, strong defense (could be a good thing if their time of possession goes up) and of course bortles.  I like the talent; some aspects of his opportunity but maybe limited by situation / scheme of the offence.

What do you see his role looking like over next few weeks in that offense. boom or bust big play guy 2-3 catches? Or volume receiver 1st read . Short intermediate guy with red zone looks? Love the talent and his preseason tape but am baffled on what to expect ... better for standard or ppr?