NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dede Westbrook 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, vinf said:

is it ok to start him this week? I have to choose between him and garçon (vs arizona)

I’d start conjoined koala bears over  an unpracticed underperforming injured no quarterback having WR like Garcon who will also be blanketed by Patrick Peterson 

1 minute ago, 77georgec said:

I'll stick with Dede, gents. Wish you guys the best.

I have funchess and garcon on a very short leash dede still  has a shot  with a week 10 bye coming up for teams. . .

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

I have funchess and garcon on a very short leash dede still  has a shot  with a week 10 bye coming up for teams. . .

and Garcon is hurt. Funchess is nice , i have Cam Newton so i understand your pain in rostering him.

Edited by 77georgec
1 hour ago, vinf said:

is it ok to start him this week? I have to choose between him and garçon (vs arizona)

Dede is not fantasy relevant... anybody who thinks this guy will make a difference thinks pink elephants are real. 

You play garçon 

2 minutes ago, MaXLacker said:

Sneaky pickup if no one was paying attention. He was off waivers 2 weeks ago in my league and part of a trade today. He has a lot of hype behind him.

I probably wouldn't have known about Dede if I wasn't a regular on these forums B)

The updates and blurbs on him were pretty minimal on RW...

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Dede is not fantasy relevant... anybody who thinks this guy will make a difference thinks pink elephants are real. 

You play garçon 

lol.... that's a mighty bold statement considering Garcon is nursing a bum knee,slugger.

Edited by 77georgec
1 hour ago, vinf said:

M.Lee is nursing a Knee Injury jacksonville wouldnt even let him pratice today sign's point to he might not even play this weekend against Cincy only 2 WR's left will be Hurns and Dede. Dede is already getting First team Reps during pratice this week and will be in the starting lineup this week.

Garcon is dealing with a Neck Injury that happend last week against Eagles and he never return to the game he didn't pratice today. that last couple of weeks garcon haven't done much with CJ behind the helm and garcon being shadowed  by Patrick Peterson This weekend don't look good.

If i had to choose would be Dede against Cincy

24 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You play garçon 

Of course dede hasn't been fantasy Relevant  he hasn't played a game cause hes been injured that would make anyone fantasy Relevant. Second off Garcon hasn't done anything since CJ has taken over at QB and that's not going to change for the ROS. 

1 minute ago, 77georgec said:

Im not firing up Dede this weekend but rest assured, his time will come.

Not this year.....the jags are all about ball control

his time will come maybe in 2018 or 2019

Just now, JrsKars said:

Of course dede hasn't been fantasy Relevant  he hasn't played a game cause hes been injured that would make anyone fantasy Relevant. Second off Garcon hasn't done anything since CJ has taken over at QB and that's not going to change for the ROS. 

Pink elephants are not real

19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Let's go DeDe!

To clarify, because I don't want to derail this thread too much: I don't have DeDe and won't buy him, but I will watch him.

In reality, I want no part of the JAX offense (edit: except Fournette of course; Defense is great though) until they show some skillz and consistency.

Bortles has a completion rate of just over 50%, there's hardly anyone to catch it, and they are a Fournette first team. It'll be interesting to see if they make any changes following the week 7 game though, and if Westbrook fits in that, I'll be watching him. But no dart throw here for me - I have DJ as a speculative stash and that's about all the space I have for that on my bench. I prefer boring performers to exciting prospects without playing time.

Still: this is a really cool kid, and I'll watch him.

Edited by Boudewijn
12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Not this year.....the jags are all about ball control

his time will come maybe in 2018 or 2019

Pink elephants are not real

They are about ball control because of beastly Fournette, D, and the receiving core is just meh. If Dede shows legit play-making skills, I see them trying to air it out a little more to cut back on Fournette's workload for a potential play off run. Tied for first in the division and only a game back from the first WC spot.

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

To clarify, because I don't want to derail this thread too much: I don't have DeDe and won't buy him, but I will watch him.

In reality, I want no part of the JAX offense (edit: except Fournette of course; Defense is great though) until they show some skillz and consistency.

Bortles has a completion rate of just over 50%, there's hardly anyone to catch it, and they are a Fournette first team. It'll be interesting to see if they make any changes following the week 7 game though, and if Westbrook fits in that, I'll be watching him. But no dart throw here for me - I have DJ as a speculative stash and that's about all the space I have for that on my bench. I prefer boring performers to exciting prospects without playing time.

Still: this is a really cool kid, and I'll watch him.

Still worth a flyer to see what happens.  The Jags are legit contenders in the playoffs even with Bortles.  I can't see them trying to ride Fournette on 30 carries a game.  I guess we could say Yeldon/Ivory will get a fair amount of load too but the Jags are going to be in games where they need to air it out.  Figuring out which gameplans those are will be tough.  But the bottom line is they lost Allen Robinson and really don't have anything else besides a run game.  I hope they roll DeDe out this week and he looks awesome from my bench.  I am a former Pryor owner and TY Hilton owner with MThomas as my WR1.  I am struggling right now to hit on an every week WR2 barring Sterling Shepard this weekend.  I need DeDe.

4 minutes ago, Jwook said:

They are about ball control because of beastly Fournette, D, and the receiving core is just meh. If Dede shows legit play-making skills, I see them trying to air it out a little more to cut back on Fournette's workload for a potential play off run. Tied for first in the division and only a game back from the first WC spot.

another guy who believes in pink elephants

8 minutes ago, Jwook said:

Nah, just a guy who likes to use logic to make decisions.

I think we all try to do that, but it's rarely TRUE or FALSE in fantasy football, unfortunately. I prefer to use scenario based thinking; you consider a number of options, put some value and some percentages to the options, and weigh the total.

One of the scenarios is yours. This is a scenario with pretty good outcome. There are also some scenarios where he gets reinjured, is held back, gets too few targets, etc, which all have a low value. That makes him a bit of a lottery ticket to me, and if that's what you're looking for, go get it. 

I’m a believer in pink elephants. Every now and then a guy who is unexpected breaks out. Yes there are many obstacles but the 2 most important things in fantasy that I’ve learned thru the years are TALENT and OPPORTUNITY. He has them both. 

11 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I think we all try to do that, but it's rarely TRUE or FALSE in fantasy football, unfortunately. I prefer to use scenario based thinking; you consider a number of options, put some value and some percentages to the options, and weigh the total.

One of the scenarios is yours. This is a scenario with pretty good outcome. There are also some scenarios where he gets reinjured, is held back, gets too few targets, etc, which all have a low value. That makes him a bit of a lottery ticket to me, and if that's what you're looking for, go get it. 

Those are all definitely outcomes, and you have to use your own logic process when weighting those totals. But to completely dismiss a guy with opportunity, and the potential skill set to deliver, as shakestreet is doing, makes no sense in the chaos of fantasy football.

Edited by Jwook
9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I think everyone knows what the situation is, but are being optimistic.  Yes in reality the chances are way higher that he winds up being useless that productive.  If you need a WR on your team though options aren't exactly bright.  Do I pick up Allen Hurns, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Coleman, Tyrell Williams, Adam Humphries, or Kendall Wright? 

Those are the kinds of options I see on my waiver, I can take one of those guys (who I know I'll never WANT to start) or Dede and HOPE that perhaps I get a real starter.  I'm not delusional and I know Dede will most likely wind up in the same boat as all those guys I just listed and I'll never feel comfortable starting him.  That's fine I'm no worse off than if I picked one of them up instead, at least Dede has a glimmer of hope on him still unlike everything else out there.