NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nerlens Noel 2017-2018 Season Outlook

28 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I'm not the one that defined their rules, they are.  Then they don't follow them and instead changed them mid season. 

It's pretty cut and dried. I'll take my money to fantrax or something next year. 

Just copy and paste your comments from Bledsoe topic. Easier. :D LOL

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Damn, we have a sexual harassment scandal on our hands. Better give Nerlens Noel 20mpg!"

The number of pages in his thread will exceed his season minutes total by the trade deadline.

8 minutes ago, Judicious said:

I think they made the mistake of assuming that an INJURY tag would be for INJURIES, and that a description of an INJURY tag wouldn't need to specifically mention it's for INJURIES 

Well, I mean that's blatantly retarded and why ESPN even uses "O" instead.  But yeah, if they can't follow their own rules, what exactly is the point?

Anyway in Noel's case these things shouldn't be considered anyway. He got some garbage mins yesterday. 

And if they did that the list would be full of IR eligible players as many players are not getting minutes. This would be a mess. Yes ok ESPN uses O but the spot is called Injury Reserve so the O shouldn't bother.

Edited by RipCity0

Right, of course it doesn't make sense right now for Noel, I was just answering the question: if they weren't going to do it for Bledsoe when their rules dictated that they obviously should, they're not doing it for Noel when it doesn't even fall under that anyway.

But aside from that, Noel's problem as far as fantasy goes is that there's no light at the end of the tunnel.  Everyone knew Bledsoe was being shopped around and it was only a matter of time.  We absolutely don't know that about Noel at all.  I cut bait in my 14 team weekly league.  He was instantly picked up, but I have no regrets.

I'll just link this here for owners and prospective owners to gain more insight on what is happening with Noel.

tl;dr Noel lacks effort, didn't gain mass during the offseason to ward off bigs with post-up capabilities, wants to do more without proving himself first to Rick. He is eligible to be traded past December 16 so those with streamer spots could snag him days or a week before that if you have the patience to do so. Just know that his bird rights won't be transferred to the team he is possibly traded to so no advantage gained to re-signing him.

• Thanks 1
Just now, bhkim814 said:

this guy could be the perfect replacement for Gobert owners.. 

Could being the operative word there.

He could get 28-32 mins, 10-12 points, 8-10 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, and 1.8-2.0 steals a game if he had just signed that contract.  Instead he is being jerked around for doing what other players have done in the past - bet on themselves.  And unfortunately unlike those players, he ain't being given a chance to prove it. 

2 minutes ago, Dupontpt said:

Why do you that ro yourselfs? Let it go. Hes not relevant anymore

because all he needs is some playing time to turn from trash to a fantasy gem, possibly to a top 10 fantasy center.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

because all he needs is some playing time to turn from trash to a fantasy gem, possibly to a top 10 fantasy center.

he was getting 20 min for the first 10 games and doing absolutely nothing. then he gets a dnp and next game plays 2 min. unless he is traded, it will take months for him to even become relevant in 16 team leagues

• Like 1
1 hour ago, richg24 said:

he was getting 20 min for the first 10 games and doing absolutely nothing. then he gets a dnp and next game plays 2 min. unless he is traded, it will take months for him to even become relevant in 16 team leagues

It's a little disingenuous to point to his 20 minutes without putting it into perspective. The guy was getting yanked by Carlisle every 3-5 minutes for minor BS without getting any rhythm. That crap really messes with a player's confidence and overall production. I can only imagine how deflated I would play/perform (even while paid millions) if my coach/boss closely monitored my every action, made it obvious he didn't like me, and reprimanded me whenever I made minor mistakes but didn't do the same to other employees.

• Like 1

This whole "INJ" tag argument is especially silly because in the NBA you can get medical exemptions for injuries just like the IR in fantasy. You however can't give you player 10 DNPs while healthy and claim a player replacement exemption. I just feel you really need to be doubling down on semantics to be in any way upset by this. 

No NBA player has ever matched Noel's per game steals (1.8) and block (1.7) averages through his rookie and sophomore seasons and he had the second highest career defensive box plus minus trailing only the Admiral.

Now, by no means do i think he will ever be David Robinson, but he is/was on hell of a defender.  He needs to land in the right spot and Dallas obviously is not it.  I think they are pissed of about him not signing the $70M contract and they are trying to "teach him a lesson".

There is no reason why he should not be playing 25 mpg.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Taipan said:

It's a little disingenuous to point to his 20 minutes without putting it into perspective. The guy was getting yanked by Carlisle every 3-5 minutes for minor BS without getting any rhythm. That crap really messes with a player's confidence and overall production. I can only imagine how deflated I would play/perform (even while paid millions) if my coach/boss closely monitored my every action, made it obvious he didn't like me, and reprimanded me whenever I made minor mistakes but didn't do the same to other employees.

I fully agree with you (i owned Noel until the 2nd dnp in a row). The problem is that this situation will not change with Dallas or it already would have, so unless he is traded he will be screwed and rot on the bench

The Mavs has his bird rights. It just won't carry over to another team if he is traded because he has to rescind it for the trade to push through. The team that trades for him has no advantage whatsoever aside from getting settled in if they try to re-sign him which they would only do once the team has exhausted all options on free agency next year as they can't go over the cap with him. Noel got played and he has some people on his ear that's giving him bad advice. His current agent, Rich Paul is known for holding out for the best possible contract which I doubt he gets as there are a lot of players going through FA after this season which deserves the max more than Noel.

• Like 1

He played five minutes which is more than half his total for the last three.  I needed to fill the spot tonight with him and thought I was getting all zeros.  He outperformed his expectations with his 1 reb....hope he gets another shot tonight to try and right the ship one min at a time....

Just now, alex40214 said:

... and he's back in the doghouse.

Mejri earned his minutes with his dirty little moves defensively, previously agitated Cousins, and today got LaMarcus a Technical.

....seriously who in the right mind starts Mejri over Noel. 

Only 52% owned in Yahoo now and my league is trolling me like mad for holding on to Noel.