NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nerlens Noel 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Damn, we have a sexual harassment scandal on our hands. Better give Nerlens Noel 20mpg!"

The number of pages in his thread will exceed his season minutes total by the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Why don't the Bucks trade for this dude? I am sure it would be much cheaper than what they would have to give up for Deandre.

Sure theyd love to, but Cuban and Carlisle are determined to ruin his season and not trade him. 

4 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Why don't the Bucks trade for this dude? I am sure it would be much cheaper than what they would have to give up for Deandre.

Because they cannot keep him after the summer. No bird rights. So whatever they give is a waste unless you think they miss only someone like Noel to become champions. 

Nerlens might as well have fun with it.  He is still going to get a nice contract with some team next year, other teams obviously know his worth and know the Mavs are trying to screw him.  He's rested, he's 100% healthy.  Noel finally called Dallas' bluff and isn't playing that game any more.  He's giving them the middle finger up.  I love it. 

• Like 3

Why trade for him and help Dallas when they could just sign him next year? He’s not getting traded and should just get used to riding the bench for the remainder of the year. I wish they would just send him home or make up some BS injury to put him on injury reserve.

Are people in leagues without IR stashing? I'm in one. This quote from december 3rd is making me eager to make the pick up. If Dallas won't trade him I'll hate that organization forever.

"I'm doing everything I need to, staying in shape, continuing to work on my game and working on the little things," Noel said. "It's frustrating at times. But I think I got laser focus right now for what I want to do and where I want to be. I'm anxious to play. When that comes, it comes."

3 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

Are people in leagues without IR stashing? I'm in one. This quote from december 3rd is making me eager to make the pick up. If Dallas won't trade him I'll hate that organization forever.

"I'm doing everything I need to, staying in shape, continuing to work on my game and working on the little things," Noel said. "It's frustrating at times. But I think I got laser focus right now for what I want to do and where I want to be. I'm anxious to play. When that comes, it comes."

Its great Noel wants to play but why would anyone want him? outside of a rental piece for the year in which he wouldn't hold much fantasy value on the team he would go to why would a team give up player for him when he is a free agent at the end of the year and they can sign him then?

If this is a naive stance I would love to be told Im wrong as Im still kicking myself for reaching for him on draft day! 

17 minutes ago, proffesor.m said:

Its great Noel wants to play but why would anyone want him? outside of a rental piece for the year in which he wouldn't hold much fantasy value on the team he would go to why would a team give up player for him when he is a free agent at the end of the year and they can sign him then?

If this is a naive stance I would love to be told Im wrong as Im still kicking myself for reaching for him on draft day! 

Wouldn't he be a good rental for a playoff team? Just an easy 4.2 million contract, a team can find someone to dump if they think Noel can be a good backup C. Also, Noel will be super motivated to perform in that team.

5 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Wouldn't he be a good rental for a playoff team? Just an easy 4.2 million contract, a team can find someone to dump if they think Noel can be a good backup C. Also, Noel will be super motivated to perform in that team.

JV for Noel...straight up. Helps both teams. Even if Raptors don't resign Noel (which is the likely outcome) they have cleared JV's contract and they get better now and then have cleared a roster space for the promising Poeltl, Siakam, Bebe trio to get more mins and Ibaka to play more 5 where he is better.

• Like 4