NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Seferian-Jenkins 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dud on paper, but his line should have been 4/46/1 for a nice 14.6 PPR outing.

TD called back was bogus and he lost a 6-yard catch when Bowles accepted a penalty instead of declining.

His yardage remains low, but at least he's still getting EZ looks. Game flow hurt him and entire passing game tonight, too. Jets were content running the ball at all since Bills had no answer

That OPI call was weak AF. 

Nothing made sense in this game. Forte goes off, Shady does nothing, Robbie Anderson has a game, Tyrod goes from like 13 to 30 points in five minutes. 

I am done looking at matchups and researching every minutiae of every detail  

I’m going full monkey, chucking feces against the wall and see what sticks. 

Edited by billydough

Disappointing he's not a larger part of the game plan.  He's big and perfect for a jump ball in the EZ like Bolden used to feed on vs those small CB's, but it appears that's not in the playbook.  The TD that was nullified was thrown where the smaller CB could use position to defend it.

4-5 targets a game along with low yardage is TE2 territory.   I was hoping he would be a starter, but the last several weeks he's more depth on the bench kind of guy. TE stinks this season except for the top 3.

Edited by Red Dog
38 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Disappointing he's not a larger part of the game plan.  He's big and perfect for a jump ball in the EZ like Bolden used to feed on vs those small CB's, but it appears that's not in the playbook.  The TD that was nullified was thrown where the smaller CB could use position to defend it.

4-5 targets a game along with low yardage is TE2 territory.   I was hoping he would be a starter, but the last several weeks he's more depth on the bench kind of guy. TE stinks this season except for the top 3.

He's not really a jump ball kind of guy.  He's more of a big body box out kind of guy.  This guy is the third down, red zone guy.

4-5 catches and 1-2 red zone looks is lower end TE1.  40-50 is his average with a possible TD.

I don't think you'll ever see him rack up the yards like Klece, but if you add in those 2 BS TD calls and he's a TE6-7.

Also keep in mind when you look at his numbers he was suspended for the first 2 games.

Seems like ASJ often is 5-6 inches taller than CBs trying to cover him and at least 50 lbs heavier.  He should be able to box out the smaller man and snag jump balls like a power forward in the NBA does rebounds. The guy is a physical stud, but he's not going to out quick a CB, which is why he got into trouble last night.

1 hour ago, CharlesHustle said:

I know the TD got called back, wold have salvaged the week but man, TE is such a dart throw this year, I do not even think ASJ is worth holding if you have decent FA's weekly

Pretty much outside the top 5, it's basically 50yrds and pray for TD.

I'm not sure dropping and picking up a TE every week would be the best way to go.

I think if you dont have a top five, pick up 2 TEs and play the one you think will be the best for that week.

I think ASJ is worthy of being one of those 2 TEs.

3 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Pretty much outside the top 5, it's basically 50yrds and pray for TD.

I'm not sure dropping and picking up a TE every week would be the best way to go.

I think if you dont have a top five, pick up 2 TEs and play the one you think will be the best for that week.

I think ASJ is worthy of being one of those 2 TEs.

Putting a claim in for Kroft and will just play the weekly match ups. Witten is also there but that dude is a REAL crap shoot

1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Not super huge but the Kerley suspension has to put ASJ back to TE1 for the next 4 weeks. Kerley was not a target hog but still everything helps.

Not a huge fan of this weeks matchup. TB is tough against TEs. They've also been playing like s**t so I see the Jets up big early and him being scripted out.

That phantom PI cost me a win this week in my high stakes league. I will likely finish 5th seed in a 4 team playoff :angry:

If anyone else wants to find that ref's house, place a bag of poop on his doorstep and sets it on fire... we should car pool.

tenor.gif

Seriously, why do these refs hate ASJ and my fantasy team?

Edited by Trifecta
1 minute ago, RustyMiller said:

With both QBs team playing against their former teams.  I have a feeling the Jets D is going to be amped for this game.  And I think Josh might have a good day.

Definitely streaming the Jets.

You know they are going to make every effort to get ASJ a td.