NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Gronkowski (thigh) is questionable for Week 5 game against the Buccaneers.

Gronk tweaked his groin earlier this year but this is the first we've heard of him having a thigh injury. His late addition to the injury report is an ominous sign with New England slated to play Thursday night in Tampa Bay. The good news for fantasy owners is that if Gronk sits, fantasy owners will have ample time to find a replacement by Sunday. The bad news is that the tight end position is slim pickings already and even more so with four teams on bye.
52 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

took hogan and decker in back to back rounds. He's currently the 3rd best WR in standard scoring. 

It sounds crazy, but following the Edelman injury it makes sense. 

Hes playing really damn well, and it's the perfect storm. NEs D is total garbage. It's causing them to throw at an incredibly high rate. 

1 hour ago, FantasyGOAT said:

His value is at an all time high rn. Just got AJ Green by packaging this guy with an RB

Hmmm, I like the other side of that deal.  Green has a bad QB playing behind a bad OL, and he has 6 tough games remaining (PIT/JAX/DEN/PIT/MIN/DET).  Hogan only has 2 tough matchups (PIT/DEN) and is in a red hot offense.

I think Gronk being out or limited would actually potentially hurt Hogan's production, yes he might get more targets but Gronk demands so much attention from a defense that I think that allows Hogan to go unnoticed a lot more easily. Definitely not the worst scenario, but I'd prefer Gronk to be out there. 

35 minutes ago, SITG said:

I think Gronk being out or limited would actually potentially hurt Hogan's production, yes he might get more targets but Gronk demands so much attention from a defense that I think that allows Hogan to go unnoticed a lot more easily. Definitely not the worst scenario, but I'd prefer Gronk to be out there. 

I think this is pretty accurate, it really does seem that on his catches he is barely noticed at all. Usually wide open like the D just forgot he was even on the field.

Just now, TX Babe Ruth said:

One of the greatest FA grabs this season. I own zero shares.

Amen. So happy I grabbed him as soon as the Edelman injury news broke. I almost traded him away too not too long ago. Glad I kept.

Yes, Hogan has been great so far... but how is he not the biggest sell high candidate Rn? He is #7 WR rn in my .5 ppr league. I believe the defense will get better, and the running game will be established once again. With all the options in that offense he is pretty TD dependent. Has not topped 5 receptions this year... if you are able to get a bonafide WR1 getting 8+ receptions a week, and a league leader in targets, I don't see how you can turn that down after getting Hogan in like round 10.

21 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Yes, Hogan has been great so far... but how is he not the biggest sell high candidate Rn? He is #7 WR rn in my .5 ppr league. I believe the defense will get better, and the running game will be established once again. With all the options in that offense he is pretty TD dependent. Has not topped 5 receptions this year... if you are able to get a bonafide WR1 getting 8+ receptions a week, and a league leader in targets, I don't see how you can turn that down after getting Hogan in like round 10.

I can see the argument of Hogan as a sell high but it really depends on your team needs. If one needs a RB, yes. If one needs a QB, yes...and so forth. For me, I look to sell high after a player (that I'm not high on and don't have a good feeling on their ROS outlook) puts together 1 good game. Consistency is key and Hogan has proven that so far this year. Throw out week 1 and here are his stats:

5/78/1 on 6 targets

4/68/2 on 6 targets

5/60/1 on 9 targets

He's firmly in my lineup moving forward right next to Jordy.

17 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I can see the argument of Hogan as a sell high but it really depends on your team needs. If one needs a RB, yes. If one needs a QB, yes...and so forth. For me, I look to sell high after a player (that I'm not high on and don't have a good feeling on their ROS outlook) puts together 1 good game. Consistency is key and Hogan has proven that so far this year. Throw out week 1 and here are his stats:

5/78/1 on 6 targets

4/68/2 on 6 targets

5/60/1 on 9 targets

He's firmly in my lineup moving forward right next to Jordy.

Yup, and so is AJ Green now next to Michael Thomas.... Diggs moving to the flex :o

Edited by FantasyGOAT

Sell high is contextual. I think he's a rock-solid WR2 ROS, ranked probably around WR16ish.

If you're getting a bonafide WR1 or stud RB1, fine. But he's the main red zone target (with Gronk, who's frequently hurt) in a Brady-led offense that will seemingly play in a lot of shootouts. I'd be ok holding and enjoying the ride.