NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Still doesn't seem totally sustainable to me but I'll take it.

trend ( noun)
  1. a general direction in which something is developing or changing:
    "an upward trend in sales and profit margins"
  • Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

trend ( noun)
  1. a general direction in which something is developing or changing:
    "an upward trend in sales and profit margins"

Hey, I'll take it and keep on starting him but if someone offered me top 10 WR value I would take it easily.

I can't believe nobody bit when I was offering a package deal of Hogan and Thielen to WR starved teams.  He's an every week start.  His routes are so sharp and he doesn't drop the ball often.  He's hands down Brady's most trusted target in the endzone, Hogan has been his first read on almost every sing redzone target this year.

12 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

I can't believe nobody bit when I was offering a package deal of Hogan and Thielen to WR starved teams.  He's an every week start.  His routes are so sharp and he doesn't drop the ball often.  He's hands down Brady's most trusted target in the endzone, Hogan has been his first read on almost every sing redzone target this year.

Ive tried to trade him multiple times, as WR is my deepest position, in an effort to shore up my RB spot.  Didnt get any real positive response.

Im starting to be thankful for that.  At this point Hogan is a set-it-and-forget-it WR2 in standard formats.

Edited by JaNelson38
1 minute ago, JaNelson38 said:

Ive tried to trade him multiple times, as WR is my deepest position, in an effort to shore up my RB spot.  Didnt get any real positive response.

Im starting to be thankful for that.  At this point Hogan is a set-it-and-forget-it WR2.

WR2? He's got WR1 numbers through 5 games. Not a fluke either.

Just now, ponchsox said:

WR2? He's got WR1 numbers through 5 games. Not a fluke either.

I dont disagree with anyone who wants to classify him as a WR1.  He's certainly seeing the usage to warrant it.

Amendola can never stay healthy, and it seems like Gronk always has something bothering him too.  If Hogan can stay healthy, he'll easily be the Pats to receiver this year.

Hogan has been on my bench this entire season because I didn't believe in his abilities.  It has cost me 2 games this year.  I started him this week and the only time this year he will be leaving my lineup is when he is on a bye.  I can't believe it took me this long to come around.  He is the real deal.

10 hours ago, metalmat said:

5th TD for the season

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Jordan23 said:

Thanks for the 21 PPR.  Has another TD wide down the sideline  but Brady got hit when throwing and threw it off just enough to miss

insta-2.gif

10 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

19705%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20headban

Week 6: at NYJ

Week 7: vs ATL

Week 8: vs LAC

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, disasterisk said:

Probably because if the TDs go away he won't be a WR1 based on targets, catches, yardage etc.

Riiiiiiight. Just like if you took away Kareem Hunt’s big runs, right?

Edited by ponchsox
11 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Riiiiiiight. Just like if you took away Kareem Hunt’s big runs, right?

9 targets last week, only 11 targets last night, plus he's got some 40 year old bum throwing him the ball. How could he possibly sustain WR1 production?

Look, he's going to have some down weeks where he doesn't find the endzone. But he's going to keep finding the endzone. He's Tom Brady's #2 red zone option (#1 when Gronk is out). Literally every WR has down weeks. Mike Evans just had one last night.

Shouting regression is the easiest thing in the world. Hogan's TD rate can regress and he can still be a locked-in WR2 with WR1 upside. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.