NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

MRI is happening today. Should hear more later today. On local radio, they said it is at worst an AC joint sprain....whatever that means. 

It means sprain of the shoulder joint. Recovery time can vary greatly based on the severity. Golden Tate is currently dealing with one and only missed one game before coming back although he isn't back to 100% yet

27 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It means sprain of the shoulder joint. Recovery time can vary greatly based on the severity. Golden Tate is currently dealing with one and only missed one game before coming back although he isn't back to 100% yet

Didn't miss any game actually.

13 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

The pats should put in a call to Pitt for Bryant. I’m sure all it would take is a 4th or 5th .. Bryant, Cooks, and Gronk would be a load to deal with for defenses 

Only 2 of those players are good...the other has been overhyped for nearly 2 years and is triggered because a 20 year old just took his job. Not NE material.

When he got popped it looked like a broken forearm, but the way he was holding his arm afterwards (tightly across his chest) and the fact that he was in a sling definitely means shoulder, hopefully not a dislocation, or if so not a bad one. If he dislocated it he could need surgery to repair his labrum or rotator cuff (like Decker last year). 

I saw it live yesterday and it didn't look good. Reminded me of Rodgers when he got hurt. Hogan could not move his arm at all and was in a stagnant position after the injury. I hope he's ok but I doubt he plays week 9.

6 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I saw it live yesterday and it didn't look good. Reminded me of Rodgers when he got hurt. Hogan could not move his arm at all and was in a stagnant position after the injury. I hope he's ok but I doubt he plays week 9.

The good news is the Patriots have their bye week 9. Two weeks to heal up. We'll see about Week 10 though...probably questionable at best for that one. And you know we won't get much news/information from the Patriots. 

7 hours ago, mjb said:

It looked like a season ending injury live.  Hopefully it's similar to Tate's AC joint and only misses a couple of weeks, best case senerio.

Looked really bad initially, but then when he was on the sidelines with the doctors, he was moving his arm and shoulder around a little, which was a good sign. 

Unfortunately it’s the Pats, and a bye week, so we won’t hear any news about it for a while.