NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Chris Hogan (shoulder) does not need surgery and will miss just "a few weeks."

It sounds like Hogan is dealing with a similar injury as Golden Tate, who was able to play after resting over the Lions' bye week. New England is on bye this week, so it is possible Hogan does not miss any games. We should have a better idea once the Patriots return to the practice field next week.

2-4 week timetable as of now.  Two weeks would be awesome but luckily not season ender.
46 minutes ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

With the 2 - 4 week timetable, are owners holding or looking to sell?

An owner will buy an injured Hogan? I can’t see any smart owner buying.

i am a Hogan owner we need to hold

12 minutes ago, mjb said:

11-1-17  Hogan's arm still in a sling.  No mention of anything else, improvement, etc.

Bye week .... no practice for the Patriots this week 

so I wouldn’t expect any news 

I’m holding for sure. The only team who would buy him now would be a team clearly in the playoffs who is looking at the stretch run. Hogan has been solid. Even if he misses 2 games, he is a high end WR2 ROS to me. I guess if I were in a need to win the next two weeks mode, maybe I’d see what i could get. Shoulder injuries can be tricky, though. Tate didn’t miss a game but it all depends on the severity. And NE is usually tight lipped about that.

6 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Do you still feel he is a WR2 value?

Hard to say. I value him more than anyone else since he is on my team and it’s unknown when he will be back. If I needed to win the next two weeks, I might trade him to a playoff bound team who is looking for upside during playoff weeks. 

My hope is he just misses a game, and then is back for the playoff run.

1 hour ago, kco734 said:

So is he pretty much ruled out this week? Haven’t hear much other than he doesn’t need surgery and it’s likely a multi week injury 

Im not expecting him for at least another week, probably two.

Week 12 Nov. 26 would be four weeks for Hogan's injury to heal.  Original time line 2-4 weeks.  His arm was still in a sling this week, so I'd expect week 12 he should be close and hopefully ready to roll the rest of the season.

I have baked in that he will be out a little bit. What I need him for are the playoffs. So if he needs to rest two more weeks to be healthy, then fine.

I wouldn’t feel that way if I were in a need to win now mode, though.

2 hours ago, swaggyp said:

is anyone without an ir still holding? 

Yes.  He's one of Brady's red zone security blankets.  Weeks 12-16 he'll be money, if you can afford the stash.  He was really banged up and needed some recovery time, even before the shoulder (ribs, knee).  

3 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Yes.  He's one of Brady's red zone security blankets.  Weeks 12-16 he'll be money, if you can afford the stash.  He was really banged up and needed some recovery time, even before the shoulder (ribs, knee).  

I seriously doubt he plays week 12.