NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, jadakid said:

I’m a little concerned about his ROS outlook. The injury could keep him out until week 12, and then he comes back to MIA, @BUF, @MIA, @PIT, BUF. Not great pass defenses to face in those key weeks. 

BUF = revenge game

He's going to score 5 TDs in those two games and then egg the Bills office afterwards.

On 11/12/2017 at 5:06 PM, jadakid said:

I’m a little concerned about his ROS outlook. The injury could keep him out until week 12, and then he comes back to MIA, @BUF, @MIA, @PIT, BUF. Not great pass defenses to face in those key weeks. 

Only Pittsburgh has a good defense out of those. 

I'm a bit skeptical for his ROS outlook after last week. Brady has really been spreading the ball around, plus now they have Martellus Bennett as a red zone option, and wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne Allen keeps getting looks here and there, as they love to disguise blocking tight ends and release them as receivers. That and Burkehead lining up in the slot and doing well, the Patriots have so many weapons right now that are working that I'm definitely going to wait a game or two for him to return and see how he fits back in. The schedule is nice and the Pats are looking like they'll steamroll right to another AFC championship game, just not sold if Hogan will be crucial in getting them there. 

6 minutes ago, SITG said:

I'm a bit skeptical for his ROS outlook after last week. Brady has really been spreading the ball around, plus now they have Martellus Bennett as a red zone option, and wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne Allen keeps getting looks here and there, as they love to disguise blocking tight ends and release them as receivers. That and Burkehead lining up in the slot and doing well, the Patriots have so many weapons right now that are working that I'm definitely going to wait a game or two for him to return and see how he fits back in. The schedule is nice and the Pats are looking like they'll steamroll right to another AFC championship game, just not sold if Hogan will be crucial in getting them there. 

doesn't matter 2 games against BUF down the stretch, this is going to be some more revenge time for Hogan,  Brady will feed him for those games

5 minutes ago, Panthor said:

doesn't matter 2 games against BUF down the stretch, this is going to be some more revenge time for Hogan,  Brady will feed him for those games

How is Hogan looking to get revenge on BUF? They signed him to their practice squad in 2012 after getting cut by the Dolphins, where he eventually rose through the ranks and became a starter on the Bills who rewarded him with good play. Once his contract ran out, he signed with the Pats as a free agent for 12 million dollars, not sure where the revenge or bad blood story comes from? Not like he was traded or cut from them, Hogan took a better offer from a better team. 

2 minutes ago, SITG said:

How is Hogan looking to get revenge on BUF? They signed him to their practice squad in 2012 after getting cut by the Dolphins, where he eventually rose through the ranks and became a starter on the Bills who rewarded him with good play. Once his contract ran out, he signed with the Pats as a free agent for 12 million dollars, not sure where the revenge or bad blood story comes from? Not like he was traded or cut from them, Hogan took a better offer from a better team. 

Yeah, it seems pretty far-fetched, but I don't care - whatever it takes to get this guy fired up. I traded Dak for him so he could be my WR2 the week before his injury so I hope he starts producing.

11 minutes ago, SITG said:

it's a figure of speech, just meaning it's his old team, and he will be sure to want to play up for that game just like he did last year once he got on the same page with Brady, Brady will be more than happy to oblige to let him fill up a box score against his old team.

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

it's a figure of speech, just meaning it's his old team, and he will be sure to want to play up for that game just like he did last year once he got on the same page with Brady, Brady will be more than happy to oblige to let him fill up a box score against his old team.

Pretty sure Brady doesn't give a s--- that Hogan played for the Buffalo Bills, Dolphins, 49ers, and the Giants. Brady will throw it to whoever is open, and whoever gives them the best chance to win. If there were to ever be a 'revenge game', it was last year.

so when do we actually expect this guy back?  Pats are in Mexico City this week and practicing in Colorado this week.  Assuming Chris Hogan stayed home in New England last week since he was out week 10, I see no way he travels down to Mexico to be with team.  So lets write off week 11.

He was hurt in week 8.  Week 12 would give him 4 weeks off.  is that a reasonable expectation?  Are we thinking 6 weeks off and back week 14 playoffs?

2 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

so when do we actually expect this guy back?  Pats are in Mexico City this week and practicing in Colorado this week.  Assuming Chris Hogan stayed home in New England last week since he was out week 10, I see no way he travels down to Mexico to be with team.  So lets write off week 11.

He was hurt in week 8.  Week 12 would give him 4 weeks off.  is that a reasonable expectation?  Are we thinking 6 weeks off and back week 14 playoffs?

Not sure I see your logic there? He didn't travel to Denver last week, so he won't travel to Mexico City this week? Not saying you're wrong, and the fact that he hasn't practiced yet suggests there's good chance he doesn't play. But by your logic any time a player doesn't play an away game due to injury, he can't play the next game if it's away as well?

4 minutes ago, SITG said:

Not sure I see your logic there? He didn't travel to Denver last week, so he won't travel to Mexico City this week? Not saying you're wrong, and the fact that he hasn't practiced yet suggests there's good chance he doesn't play. But by your logic any time a player doesn't play an away game due to injury, he can't play the next game if it's away as well?

I'm just saying the guy's arm was in a sling last week so he stayed in Foxborough.  If the team is West Coast and out of the country this weekend, I see him rehabbing in Foxborough at the team headquarters , rather than travel.  Seems better for his recovery.  I could be wrong though, how the hell do I know.  just trying to predict.

1 hour ago, Rs79 said:

I'm just saying the guy's arm was in a sling last week so he stayed in Foxborough.  If the team is West Coast and out of the country this weekend, I see him rehabbing in Foxborough at the team headquarters , rather than travel.  Seems better for his recovery.  I could be wrong though, how the hell do I know.  just trying to predict.

Along with what you're saying, I believe I heard that the Pats are staying out in Colorado all week, so they can fly direct to Mexico from there. So if Hogan were to play, in Week 11 he would be flying solo without the team (and potentially would be missing practice time, if he didn't fly there already). While it's not impossible for that to happen, I could certainly see that being an added factor to continue to hold him out. 

5 hours ago, SITG said:

Pretty sure Brady doesn't give a s--- that Hogan played for the Buffalo Bills, Dolphins, 49ers, and the Giants. Brady will throw it to whoever is open, and whoever gives them the best chance to win. If there were to ever be a 'revenge game', it was last year.

Wow. When people say "revenge game", majority of the time its a joke. As previously mentioned, its just a saying that people use when someone plays against an old team.

20 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Hogan will play this week.

I was listening to Zolak and Bertand this afternoon on local Boston radio. Zolak also calls the games on the radio. In his opinion, "Hogan is coming back,...not this week."  Take it FWIW, so who knows.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:06 PM, jadakid said:

Why are you concerned about miami and buffalo? They just got blown out by brees and by Cam. The Pats offense isn't worst than either of those teams. 

Edited by StevenSC400