NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Yeah, but its not like the Bills corners got blown out.

Thomas had 9 receptions for 117 yards. If the running game wasn't so good it would have been even worst. But the run was working so they went with it. Pats also don't have ingram and kamara. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Elcapitan said:

Wow. When people say "revenge game", majority of the time its a joke. As previously mentioned, its just a saying that people use when someone plays against an old team.

The original poster literally said that Brady would increase Hogans targets to pad his box score because they're playing the bills, so I explained that's not happening. I understand that it's a phrase, thats not lost on me. 

Chris Hogan (shoulder) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice. 

Maybe next week

Hogan didn't practice at all last week and missed Week 10 in Denver. The Patriots attacked the Broncos at will with their running backs and tight ends. Brandin Cooks and Danny Amendola have better matchups this week in Oakland, and Amendola will be on the WR3/4 map if/when Hogan sits.

Damn, the 2-4 week time frame isn't looking promising right now.  Seems more severe than origionally thought.

Hogan didn't practice at all last week and missed Week 10 in Denver.
19 minutes ago, mjb said:

Damn, the 2-4 week time frame isn't looking promising right now.  Seems more severe than origionally thought.

Hogan didn't practice at all last week and missed Week 10 in Denver.

How so? This is week 3.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Chance to pick him up on waivers, what are the opinions on him rest of the season.  The Pats don't face a "poor" pass defense the rest of the way.

Like him a lot IF he’s healthy, which I’m worried about at this point. Sounds like he’s not doing anything physical at all and my gut is telling me the injury is more serious than we’re hearing. 

34 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Chance to pick him up on waivers, what are the opinions on him rest of the season.  The Pats don't face a "poor" pass defense the rest of the way.

With Brady and the Pats offense in general, it doesn't matter.  Will continue to get end zone looks at well.  

Chris Hogan (shoulder) is out for Week 11 against the Raiders.

Marcus Cannon (ankle) and Matthew Slater (hamstring) have also been ruled out for Sunday's game in Mexico City. Hogan hasn't played or practiced since coming down with a shoulder injury in Week 8.

This injury is sounding rather ominous.  Might be some time, since he hasn't practiced at all.

Agreed - it's frustrating how little news we're getting from the Pats camp.  The problem is I don't know who to replace him with - he was rather reliable when he was healthy.  My only other option is Rishard Matthews - I figured I might want to take the monopoly approach since I already have Corey Davis.  

2 hours ago, sakuraba216 said:

On ESPN, Stephania Bell said he's not close to returning and has not even begun practicing. I'm holding onto this guy too, only because his trade value is zero and if I dropped him everyone would scramble to pick him up. What a dud.

Who gives a flying F what "Starphania" Bell says.  It's highly unlikely that she has any sources in the Pats organization, at least any that are willing to give her inside info about injuries.  She is a physical therapist, who leans on orthopedic surgeon friends to tell her what to say regarding injuries.

Ignore the noise and look at his numbers weeks 2-5  if you want to remind yourself why you were holding onto him.  Even before his  shoulder injury he was not playing anywhere near 100%, with bruised ribs and and mild knee sprain,  which likely explains a drop off in weeks 6-8z  The fact that he didn't travel on this road trip isn't surprising.   If they knew ahead of time that he wasn't going to play in either game, it is much better for him to be at Gillette getting treatment.  Seems like a longshot to play this week.  Hoping for limited practice this week then active week 13.  They really miss his red zone presence.   

2 hours ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Who gives a flying F what "Starphania" Bell says.  It's highly unlikely that she has any sources in the Pats organization, at least any that are willing to give her inside info about injuries.  She is a physical therapist, who leans on orthopedic surgeon friends to tell her what to say regarding injuries.

Ignore the noise and look at his numbers weeks 2-5  if you want to remind yourself why you were holding onto him.  Even before his  shoulder injury he was not playing anywhere near 100%, with bruised ribs and and mild knee sprain,  which likely explains a drop off in weeks 6-8z  The fact that he didn't travel on this road trip isn't surprising.   If they knew ahead of time that he wasn't going to play in either game, it is much better for him to be at Gillette getting treatment.  Seems like a longshot to play this week.  Hoping for limited practice this week then active week 13.  They really miss his red zone presence.   

Lol stephania monotone bell. She doesn't know anything more than any of us. You know why? Cause the pats don't give away injury info on anyone to anyone. Especially not to some fantasy football analyst they could care less about. She never gives any info that isn't already available from a million other sources. With that said Im not sure why everyone is freaking out. He got injured in week 8. They said he would be out a FEW weeks. Which in other words is 3 or more. I believe I read somewhere it said 3-4 weeks. So that would make week 13 a likely return. With that much rest he's going to be ready to roll right in time for the playoffs. Im holding and I'm holding strong. Even if this guy comes back week 14. He's still worth a strong hold for the last 2-3 games.

Edited by StevenSC400