NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I figured he'd be out 3-4 weeks, but the fact that we have never really had any update whatsoever is worrying me.

If it was any other team maybe. But its the pats. I will be worried if he doesn't play in week 13. Then that tells me its taking longer than the original estimated timeframe. Other than that this was the expectation.

Pats are almost locked in to win the division and are firing on all cylinders as of late, at this point I think they're letting Hogan take his time so that he's good to go for the (real) playoffs. Might not work out too well for us on the fantasy side. I don't think Mitchell being back would hurt his volume, that just means Dorsett rides the pine the rest of the way. 

2 minutes ago, SITG said:

Pats are almost locked in to win the division and are firing on all cylinders as of late, at this point I think they're letting Hogan take his time so that he's good to go for the (real) playoffs. Might not work out too well for us on the fantasy side.

so real ....

Chris Hogan (shoulder) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Hogan hasn't practiced since getting hurt in Week 8. He needs to return to practice before he has a chance to play. Brandin Cooks, Danny Amendola, and Rex Burkhead will continue to soak up extra looks in Hogan's absence.

Nov 22 , This has officially gone from bad to worse.  See you sometime in December Chris.

10 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I really don't get how some people don't understand that a 3-4 week timetable means just that. He's supposed to be back week 13 on the later end of it. This was already told to everyone. 

He was hurt week 8, and it appears he's not close. 

5 minutes ago, mjb said:

He was hurt week 8, and it appears he's not close. 

Again he was given a 3-4 week timetable. This isn't anything that I wasn't expecting. If they expect him back week 13 he will practice next week. Not this week not the week before. Olsen just start practicing this week a few days before he is supposed to play on Sunday. And he's coming off surgery. This is how this game works. Again idk why everyone has been so worked up to this point. 

Edited by StevenSC400

29 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

If he doesn't practice next week and misses week 13 then I'll be getting worried. Cause then it's passed the later end of the timetable they gave him. But as of now he's still within the expected timeframe.

You seem pretty confident in this whole “time frame” quote. NE beat writer isn’t even sure Hogan’s arm is out of the sling. I’d be stunned if he plays next week.  NE is rolling teams without him so far.

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

I really don't get how some people don't understand that a 3-4 week timetable means just that. He's supposed to be back week 13 on the later end of it. This was already told to everyone. 

Exactly. If it was any longer than this, he would have needed surgery. Would be good to see what he does in practice next week.

1 hour ago, mjb said:

You seem pretty confident in this whole “time frame” quote. NE beat writer isn’t even sure Hogan’s arm is out of the sling. I’d be stunned if he plays next week.  NE is rolling teams without him so far.

I'm not confident I'm just saying this was his expectation. It's not like they said he will be out two weeks and now it's week 4. They said he would be out 3-4 weeks. So I mean that's what I'm going with. I'm not goin to panic prematurely. 

Edited by StevenSC400

This writer thinks its time to cut the cord. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000884022/article/time-to-pack-it-in-on-jordy-nelsons-2017-fantasy-value?campaign=fb-nf-sf174482865-sf174482865&sf174482865=1

Chris Hogan, WR, New England Patriots (58.9 percent owned)

Remember those few weeks when Chris Hogan was a thing in fantasy football? That was cool. That was also nearly eight weeks ago. After posting four consecutive double-digit outings, Hogan was merely mortal for the next three weeks. But he's also been out of action since Week 8 because of a shoulder injury. Let's face it, even Hogan's "big" games only landed him in the range of a WR2. He could certainly come back soon but will likely have to battle to regain his spot in the rotation. The upside he's shown so far this season just isn't worth the wait.

I feel like while he has been letting his shoulder heal, his ribs and other injuries have had time to heal also. Hogan is tough as hell and a reliable safety net for Brady. I am no so sure that he will need to earn his way back. If he is healthy, he plays and can be productive.

Edited by Mikeyvegas
Typoa

13 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000884022/article/time-to-pack-it-in-on-jordy-nelsons-2017-fantasy-value?campaign=fb-nf-sf174482865-sf174482865&sf174482865=1

Remember those few weeks when Chris Hogan was a thing in fantasy football? That was cool. That was also nearly eight weeks ago. After posting four consecutive double-digit outings, Hogan was merely mortal for the next three weeks. But he's also been out of action since Week 8 because of a shoulder injury. Let's face it, even Hogan's "big" games only landed him in the range of a WR2. He could certainly come back soon but will likely have to battle to regain his spot in the rotation. The upside he's shown so far this season just isn't worth the wait.

Too valuable to just drop. He may come back. Hard hold for those headed to the playoffs for sure. Nobody else on the wire to replace him so just bench him.

1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I feel like while he has been letting his shoulder heal, his ribs and other injuries have had time to heal also. Hogan is tough as hell and a reliable safety net for Brady. I am no so sure that he will need to earn his way back. If he is healthy, he plays and can be productive.

Yea nobody has stepped up and ran with his role. When he's ready, he will have a big role in the passing attack. I can understand the frustration from his owners, but these shoulders are no joke. I am hoping for next week, but it's really anyone's guess when it comes to the Pats-

25 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I can't drop him just yet but if he misses this week I may have to.

15 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yea nobody has stepped up and ran with his role. When he's ready, he will have a big role in the passing attack. I can understand the frustration from his owners, but these shoulders are no joke. I am hoping for next week, but it's really anyone's guess when it comes to the Pats-

Cooks has become more trusted by brady recently, than the 1st half. I watch the Pats every week.

3 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

Chris Hogan was spotted in the locker room today, arm is no longer in a sling!  Wooohoooo!  

Doug KyedVerified account @DougKyed 1h1 hour ago

WR Chris Hogan walked through the Patriots' locker room. No longer in a sling.

giphy.gif

Edited by jtbgator
wrong gif