Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Preseason has shown that Hogan is now Brady's security blanket. Expecting big things tonight.

 

Not sure I'd call him that just yet, but he's good.  He can literally run every route and has good hands.  Guaranteed to get a couple of deep shots every game as the defenses will never shade toward him because of Gronk and Cooks.  I'm all in on Hogan this year.  Number 2 redzone target on the team.

Edited by biggquis
Link to post
Share on other sites

How's everyone feeling tonight?  I lost Mike Evans to this week 1 debacle so I am in a bit of a bind right now.  I would really hate to watch Danny Amendola come in on the redzone and score 2tds tonight.  I always like to watch the Patriots WR's for a few weeks to see how everything is shaping up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

How's everyone feeling tonight?  I lost Mike Evans to this week 1 debacle so I am in a bit of a bind right now.  I would really hate to watch Danny Amendola come in on the redzone and score 2tds tonight.  I always like to watch the Patriots WR's for a few weeks to see how everything is shaping up.

Pretty sure most everyone is optimistic about Hogan tonight. I just read several posts before yours and got that impresssion. 

 

I think hes he's going to be really good this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone bumped him up after Edlemen went out, and rightfully so, but there are apparently still too many mouths to feed, even without Edlemen.  Won't be dropping immediately but if Amendola comes back in week 2 or 3 then I most likely will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's probably worth a wait and see if you have the bench space.  Amendola's concussion could really change things here.  On top of that, Cooks didn't look all that good considering. 

Edited by mikeflavaz
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Several overthrows but it didn't seem like hogan could get separation. Not sure if that's on him or the play calling or both. Hoping him and Brady can get it together, if Amendola is out for an extended time, it should increase Hogan's role.

 

 Agree completely with you but how much more of a role can it increase? No Edelman. He was on the field the whole game. Not sure if he can beat good corners or is only good against crappy corners. KC made it a mission to shut him down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously he became way over hyped. Rightfully so. He's not any sort of special talent. Just had an opportunity last year in the Pat's offense and was given results. I'm sure he'll have some bigger games this year but I'd bet this is more likely what we'll see normally. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel pretty wrong on my assessment.

 

However, it's almost as Marcus Peters was covering Hogan the whole time during this game. I would always see Peters covering Hogan. Hogan is definitely not good enough to beat Peters. Peters is one of the best in the game. KCs game plan was to completely eliminate Gronk and Hogan in order to make Cooks and the RBs beat them. This game plan worked perfectly.

 

I don't know what to expect out of Hogan going forward. I'm pretty bitter about last night. But everything went wrong in one night. I think I would start him again, and if it doesn't work out next week, see ya.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think calling him overhyped based on one game is an overreaction.

 

The disappointing thing about last night was that Amendola ate up Edelman's looks from the slot, while Hogan mostly played the outside like he did last year.

 

The positives: Hogan seemed to be on the field all night long, Brady looked for him several times but just made some terrible throws, and with Amendola concussed it's possible Hogan could take that role.

 

He's more of a wild card than I thought he'd be, but there could still be plenty of value here. I wouldn't just read the boxscore and proclaim him a bust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

I think calling him overhyped based on one game is an overreaction.

 

The disappointing thing about last night was that Amendola ate up Edelman's looks from the slot, while Hogan mostly played the outside like he did last year.

 

The positives: Hogan seemed to be on the field all night long, Brady looked for him several times but just made some terrible throws, and with Amendola concussed it's possible Hogan could take that role.

 

He's more of a wild card than I thought he'd be, but there could still be plenty of value here. I wouldn't just read the boxscore and proclaim him a bust.

 

according to fantasylabs - 73 of 81 snaps and 64% out of the slot for Hogan last night 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JSA2422 said:

 

according to fantasylabs - 73 of 81 snaps and 64% out of the slot for Hogan last night 

 

Damn, it didn't seem like he worked out of the slot that much, but thanks for the numbers. Regardless, Amendola was eating in the short/intermediate and Hogan was frequently targeted further downfield. Curious to see whether Hogan can take that Amendola role moving forward (if Amendola is out) or if they use some combo of White/Burkhead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...