NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradford just carved up the Saints with Thielen so not sure why people are hesitant here. My only worry is if he doesn't have 80 yards or a touchdown by the 2nd quarter and the pass game gets benched. But hey! We know he could get some jet sweeps.. :rolleyes:

You have to like that he was on the field for more snaps than Cooks against the Chefs, even if the final numbers don't reflect it. No matter if he receives considerable snaps in the slot this week or not, he has the potential to live downfield against this Saints defense a la Thielen. Everything points toward bounce-back game. Fire him up this week

Edited by Del Rio
6 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Just a thought: Anyone think that NE d is actually better than they were last week and get their sh*t together after a shaky week 1 against a good offense? Then Patriots go up early and run it down their throats the whole game, limiting Hogan's upside?

Sure - so hopefully Hogan is part of the 'up early' plan. 

5 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Just a thought: Anyone think that NE d is actually better than they were last week and get their sh*t together after a shaky week 1 against a good offense? Then Patriots go up early and run it down their throats the whole game, limiting Hogan's upside?

Not worried about this at all this week. I dont know why people are counting Saints out in this game. They looked bad last week on the road against a top 3ish D, but at home theyre a different offensive team. I have no doubt the Pats D is better than they showed last week, but this game will be closer than people are thinking IMO.

I'm starting Hogan this week over some pretty legit options.

15 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

No. They gave up 29 PPG on the road last year. Saints put up 31 per contest at home last year. No lead is safe Against a Drew Bree's home game cause in order to build a safe lead you have to build one first. 

18 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Nope. Without Dont'a Hightower their defense isn't the same. 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

How do we feel about him going forward? Nice game, somewhat "tricky" play TD. It was the Saints.

Is he startable against the Texans? I'm thinking no.

If he has a full practice this week, he's absolutely startable against HOU. They haven't faced an even top-25 NFL offense yet, they're going on the road and their top 2 CBs were injured on TNF. 

Just now, joshua18 said:

If he has a full practice this week, he's absolutely startable against HOU. They haven't faced an even top-25 NFL offense yet, they're going on the road and their top 2 CBs were injured on TNF. 

Fair point. Plus Hogan went for almost 100 last year against them. OK! FEEL GOOD!

2 hours ago, furbz420 said:

...a hold? He's an easy WR3 with massive upside. 

Definitely will always have the massive upside.  Easy WR3 if Glassmandola comes back healthy?  I have to disagree, judging by their usage in the first game.  Obviously a huge if with Amendola, and he's a good bet to get hurt again anyway.  Perhaps I just talked myself into agreeing with you in the long term, but any game Amendola plays I'd have to think Hogan is a major boom/bust player.

1 minute ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Definitely will always have the massive upside.  Easy WR3 if Glassmandola comes back healthy?  I have to disagree, judging by their usage in the first game.  Obviously a huge if with Amendola, and he's a good bet to get hurt again anyway.  Perhaps I just talked myself into agreeing with you in the long term, but any game Amendola plays I'd have to think Hogan is a major boom/bust player.

Helps if Amendola isn't in but a guy being in for 95% of snaps (wk 1 + 2) on the Pats O with Brady under center certifies him as an 'easy WR3' imo. I'm interested in seeing his usage in a normal scenario with Glassmandola in the line up since week 1 was kind of fluky (for the offense). 

5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Helps if Amendola isn't in but a guy being in for 95% of snaps (wk 1 + 2) on the Pats O with Brady under center certifies him as an 'easy WR3' imo. I'm interested in seeing his usage in a normal scenario with Glassmandola in the line up since week 1 was kind of fluky (for the offense). 

Gotta agree that his week 1 usage is probably more of the exception than the norm.  Dude got more carries than catches, and I'd have a hard time seeing many more 1 catch games from him.  I guess we'll need a larger sample size to make a judgement, as week 1 and 2 are so far apart on the fantasy production spectrum, but with how short handed the Pats are at receiver I guess the ceiling is always high.  Ultimately we have no idea on Amendola's status, so it just makes the guessing that much more difficult for now.

Edit: I mean the guessing of Hogan's season long prospects.

Edited by CharlesCC2