NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kansas City Chiefs 2017 Season Outlook

Really? I mean ... really?

Did you watch tonight's game?

Let's just say I run a fireworks stand and I'm going to feature sparklers and snakes (yep, Joe Dirt reference), because that's what I know, and I'm comfortable with.  Now, I do have firecrackers, M-80s, and really cool stuff, but, I like the sparklers and snakes, and just won't use my best stuff. This is KC under HC Reid.

1 minute ago, FeastMode said:

He's probably just keeping his cards close to his vest....until 2023, and then he's going to blow everyones' minds.

I'll be damned if he hasn't done a great job keeping people thinking this.  One of these days the genius of Andy Reid will shine through...

41 minutes ago, Proteus said:

This offense is going to be like an airplane getting rebuilt mid-flight.

Maybe halfway through the season there's some predictable value but right now it looks like a lotta bad juju.

The sad thing is, if this team was under a competent HC, it could be uber. But, a HC that after years still does not recognize and feature the talent he has ... he still won't feature Kelce! It's like he's playing poker and he thinks his pocket 3s will win because he's so smart. KC is such a talented team .. what a waste.

Edited by Blazer

???? You guys are evaluating this year's Andy Reid on preseason game 3 in Seattle wihere he uses no Tyreek and no gameplan? Wow that's worse than Bill Simmons evaluating the Warriors getting blown out by the Spurs on opening night.

3 hours ago, Blazer said:

Really? I mean ... really?

Did you watch tonight's game?

Let's just say I run a fireworks stand and I'm going to feature sparklers and snakes (yep, Joe Dirt reference), because that's what I know, and I'm comfortable with.  Now, I do have firecrackers, M-80s, and really cool stuff, but, I like the sparklers and snakes, and just won't use my best stuff. This is KC under HC Reid.

It's.... Pre.. Season 

3 hours ago, bbythepier said:

???? You guys are evaluating this year's Andy Reid on preseason game 3 in Seattle wihere he uses no Tyreek and no gameplan? Wow that's worse than Bill Simmons evaluating the Warriors getting blown out by the Spurs on opening night.

tyreek can't even catch a football.

9 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Mate we talking about the same Andy Reid. The guy is as vanilla as they come. Unless it is a new HC dressed up in a Andy Reid fat suit. 

4 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Mate we talking about the same Andy Reid. The guy is as vanilla as they come. Unless it is a new HC dressed up in a Andy Reid fat suit. 

You mean the vanilla guy who just traded up twice: once to get a boom/bust gunslinger and the other time to get brian westbrook 2.0 out of toledo?

At least let him fail in the playoffs before pooping on him. Not a late August night in the emerald city where all the team cared about was watching the big fight the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Chiefs coach Andy Reid confirmed Friday that SS Eric Berry is out for the season with a ruptured Achilles.

It's a massive blow to the Chiefs' secondary as Berry was phenomenal against Rob Gronkowski in Thursday's opener and has been among the league's best safeties since arriving on the scene as a first-round pick in 2010. He's been a first-team All-Pro each of the last two seasons and earned PFF's No. 5 safety grade among 91 qualifiers in 2016. Daniel Sorensen is the leading candidate to replace Berry at strong safety.

50 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Chiefs coach Andy Reid confirmed Friday that SS Eric Berry is out for the season with a ruptured Achilles.

It's a massive blow to the Chiefs' secondary as Berry was phenomenal against Rob Gronkowski in Thursday's opener and has been among the league's best safeties since arriving on the scene as a first-round pick in 2010. He's been a first-team All-Pro each of the last two seasons and earned PFF's No. 5 safety grade among 91 qualifiers in 2016. Daniel Sorensen is the leading candidate to replace Berry at strong safety.

It's awful. KC fan here and the way he was sitting down was almost identical to when Derrick Johnson tore/ruptured his last year and was done for the season.

On the bright side, I'm glad this thread exists. I had no idea people were so down on KC's offense 

• 2 months later...