bdy1

in multiple leagues. I'll stick to guys with 120 Wrc+ at  AA or higher:

Bellinger

Hoskins

Calhoun

Acuna

Bregman

Kingery

That's not to mention Rosario, Vlad and all the other youngsters, or the handful of guys I will be drafting next year when they show up on ESPN/Yahoo roster pools...

I wouldn't own any of em if it weren't for @JenksDodger   @fawkes_mulder @StevieStats @brockpapersizer @FouLLine@garlando the occasional drive by from @The Big Bat Theory & whoever I've forgotten. You guys are killing it over here. Thanks for now and future...

9 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Bellinger

Hoskins

Calhoun

Acuna

Bregman

Kingery

That's not to mention Rosario, Vlad and all the other youngsters, or the handful of guys I will be drafting next year when they show up on ESPN/Yahoo roster pools...

I wouldn't own any of em if it weren't for @JenksDodger   @fawkes_mulder @StevieStats @brockpapersizer @FouLLine@garlando the occasional drive by from @The Big Bat Theory & whoever I've forgotten. You guys are killing it over here. Thanks for now and future...

Thanks Bdy! Some very good posters on this forum. Always look forward to my mornings at work scanning the MiLB board here. Sad the minor league season is ending soon.. 

I enjoy this forum way more than the MLB forum because it seems its more about providing information for others to take advantage of.. opposed to a chest thumping contest of who's right and who's wrong.. 

I wouldn't own half of the guys I own in my dynasty league if it wasn't for others providing snippets of info in the past. 

Edited by JenksDodger

Did my draft this week (round 8 - 9 - 10 still to go)

If it wasn't for this board I would have chosen prospect based on their generic ranking.

Was able to draft only because of this forum round 3 to 7

Sixto Sanchez, Alec Henson, Michel Baez, Austin Hays, Keibert Ruiz, Corbin Burnes

And pick up, Funkhouser, Mahle, Jose Albertos, Alcantara, Starling Heredia, Luiz Gohara

I love you all!

Kingery was a huge pickup due to this board.  I tend to lean on the board for the prospects ranked 50+ that have upside to climb the rankings by end of year. All the wonderful members are excellent with their insight and knowledge. 

I appreciate it all!  I most appreciate them changing my mind from wanting to draft Hader in front of Acuna this year :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, firchf1 said:

Needed to rebuild my team so i snagged Lopez, Buehler, Honeywell, Calhoun,Guerrero,Bichette,Acuna thanks to this board.

Those are some pretty sound minor leaguers to build around.... Vlad and Bichette could even see some MLB action as soon as next season. 

Yeah they will go nice with Hoskins,And also got Moniak.our league has 21 active,5 reserves and 3 minor positions,so i am rolling the dice on my reserves for next year and Moniak is the only one in minor slot due to being drafted by me in our minor league draft.Took the gamble this year figuring most would be drafted in minor draft next year.So now i can watch board closely for pitching in next years minor draft.

Inherited a team in a 16 team H2H  keep forever several years ago that was decent but old. I was always borderline playoffs (top 6 makes playoffs and I hovered around 7-10 the last couple of years) but finally this year pulled the trigger and rebuilt because I was never going to compete for a title the way my roster was setup. I have added the following guys who are either still prospects or were called up this year, many thanks to reading this board and catching a riser that was still on the wire (I was lurking a while before I started posting):

Bats: Ronald Acuna, Nick Senzel, Francisco Mejia, Brendan Rodgers, Kyle Tucker, Clint Frazier, Amed Rosario, Rhys Hoskins, Willie Calhoun

Arms: Walker Buehler, Luis Castillo, Mike Soroka, Sixto Sanchez, Luiz Gohara, Brandon Woodruff, Tyler Mahle

My bench was lean for a while, but now everyone is starting to hit the MLB right around the same time. Really happy with the talent I added this year. I have some decent picks next year, so looking forward to using this board to help beef up the arms a bit.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mavsfan23 said:

Wilymo got me hooked on Tommy Pham a few years ago, and whoever it was, that was hyping Mookie first. Brock I believe. Both way ahead of the massive hype 

Thanks to everyone. It's a great time of year when the baseball forum starts heating up on this site. 

not positive but I believe FoulLine was hyping Mookie very early on

anyhow, I agree.  Love the minor league forum and the many valuable contributors!

On 9/14/2017 at 2:37 PM, jorp said:

Inherited a team in a 16 team H2H  keep forever several years ago that was decent but old. I was always borderline playoffs (top 6 makes playoffs and I hovered around 7-10 the last couple of years) but finally this year pulled the trigger and rebuilt because I was never going to compete for a title the way my roster was setup. I have added the following guys who are either still prospects or were called up this year, many thanks to reading this board and catching a riser that was still on the wire (I was lurking a while before I started posting):

Bats: Ronald Acuna, Nick Senzel, Francisco Mejia, Brendan Rodgers, Kyle Tucker, Clint Frazier, Amed Rosario, Rhys Hoskins, Willie Calhoun

Arms: Walker Buehler, Luis Castillo, Mike Soroka, Sixto Sanchez, Luiz Gohara, Brandon Woodruff, Tyler Mahle

My bench was lean for a while, but now everyone is starting to hit the MLB right around the same time. Really happy with the talent I added this year. I have some decent picks next year, so looking forward to using this board to help beef up the arms a bit.

Your farm is more loaded than the White Sox one even, haha.

I knew nothing about the world of prospects when I first came here on the beginning.  I owe most all my big pick-ups and a number of championship to the guys here so, thanks again.

One suggestion : do not be afraid to trade off the prospects.

I came into an 18 team keep 24 h2h points league. 

When I inherited the team (around July/Auguest 2016), I had : 

C Curt Casali, TB C
1B Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
2B Jonathan Schoop, Bal 2B
3B Tyler White, Hou 3B, 1B, DH
SS Aledmys Diaz, StL SS
LF Starling Marte, Pit LF, CF
CF Randal Grichuk, StL LF, CF
RF George Springer, Hou RF, DH
UTIL Jean Segura, Sea SS, 2B

P Craig Kimbrel, Bos RP
P Trevor Rosenthal, StL RP
P Cole Hamels, Tex SP
P Drew Smyly, Sea SP
P Wade Miley, Bal SP
P Andrew Cashner, Tex SP
P Rick Porcello, Bos SP
P Brandon Finnegan, Cin RP, SP
P Kevin Quackenbush, SD RP

On my bench were Renfroe, Meadows, Jorge Mateo, Margot, Beltran, Desmond Jennings, Pablo Sandoval, Jon Jay, Tyler Saladino, Aaron Hill, Yonder Alonso, Melvin Upton Jr., Hernan Perez, Devin Mesoraco

Pitchers on the bench were Darren O'Day, Ryan Madson, Cody Reed, Amir Garrett, Joe Musgrove, Sonny Gray, Tyson Ross, Raisel Iglesias, Zack Wheeler, and Matt Cain. 

That's a dumpster fire. 

I was able to go to the waiver wire and add some guys who weren't really highly regarded prospects, but guys I did like. Those include Kolby Allard, Kyle Tucker, Austin Hedges, Rhys Hoskins, Jaime Schultz, Zack Godley, Cody Bellinger, Phil Bickford, David Paulino, Yadier Alvarez, Jacob Faria, Raimel Tapia, Yohander Mendez, Tyler Austin, Carson Kelly, Christian Arroyo, Scott Kingery. 

I made a ton of moves. My starting lineup is now 

C Austin Barnes
1B Edwin Encarnacion
2B Jose Altuve
3B Alex Bregman
SS Carlos Correa
LF Marcell Ozuna
CF George Springer
RF Mookie Betts
UTIL Anthony Rendon

P Carlos Martinez
P Alex Wood
P Chase Anderson
P Jameson Taillon
P Dinelson Lamet
P Lance McCullers
P Masahiro Tanaka
P Jake Junis
P Rich Hill

Bench hitters include Daniel Murphy, Aaron Hicks, Belt, Marwin Gonzalez, Welington Castillo, Manuel Margot, Brandon Nimmo, Franchy Cordero, Jorge Soler, Ken Giles, Tommy Kahnle, Brent Suter, Touki Toussaint, Jake Thompson, Jen-Ho Tseng, James Kaprielian, Grant Holmes, Domingo Acevedo

It's easy to see how much better my team is. You'll also see what I started with vs what I have now. You will also notice some of the prospects I added I no longer have (Bellinger, Tucker, Hoskins, etc big parts in deals for guys like Altuve, Bregman). I made a ton of deals. I found owners who didn't like their studs, offered a handful of prospects/young guys (high value in a league like this), and swapped them around. Guys like Kris Bryant, Giancarlo Stanton, Bryce Harper, Aaron Judge, Joey Votto, and Trea Turner have been on my team and back off of it. All in a year and a half. The key is to just add one block at a time. 

The reason I'm not worried : There are so many more prospects out there. Great ones. Ones who aren't the top 100 guys. Guys like Billy McKinney, who had a 110 wRC+ at AA this year (69 games), and a 140 wRC+ at AAA this year (55 games). He's already 23, and he's blocked, but before Hicks broke out, and Stanton was acquired, he was a guy I had pegged as a sneaky prospect sleeper. 

Those guys will always be there. Don't ignore them, take advantage of them. One in the hand is worth two in the bush. A guy like Moncada had major value in my league before his call up, and now, it's a tepid market.

Good luck man, you're on the right track. 

On 8/27/2017 at 1:35 PM, bdy1 said:

Bellinger

Hoskins

Calhoun

Acuna

Bregman

Kingery

The guys you mentioned @JenksDodger   @fawkes_mulder @StevieStats @brockpapersizer @FouLLine@garlando and @The Big Bat Theory  are all great and no disrespect to them but your forgetting the best of the bunch @Rush2112.

Rush has almost 90K posts and has shared his great fantasy mind with the Rotoworld Community. We should all salute Rush!!

2 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

The guys you mentioned @JenksDodger   @fawkes_mulder @StevieStats @brockpapersizer @FouLLine@garlando and @The Big Bat Theory  are all great and no disrespect to them but your forgetting the best of the bunch @Rush2112.

Rush has almost 90K posts and has shared his great fantasy mind with the Rotoworld Community. We should all salute Rush!!

That was a great joke. Thanks!  And thanks be that Rush stays away from this prospects forum here which are a topic, like pitchers, that he knows absolutely nothing about.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory