NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cool Story Bro 2017 Edition

jbshaw

Due to the large number of CSB posts the last couple days, I looked for this and discovered we don't already have a 2017 edition.  

For those of you who are new, when you feel the need to brag about your individual team, your awesome value picks, taking advantage of your league mates in lopsided trades, or whatever else strikes your fancy, this is the one and only place you can go in the fantasy football talk thread.  

So if you're like me in 2015 and want to constantly brag about how you drafted 4 of the top 5 WR's to end the season, or want to talk about the amazing luck of someone in your league, bring it here. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

Wow..did he file a police report?

lol.  It's a two-QB league, and I was sitting on five starting QB's after picking up Smokin' Jay off the waiver wire.  I had heard him mention that he wasn't sold on Pryor, too.  I took a stab and I couldn't believe it.

Couldn't help but feel like a proud fantasy father from last year when 6 of my 2016 guys went in the top 25 of our 12-man PPR league. (Mike Evans, Julio Jones, Melvin Gordon, Brandin Cooks, Michael Thomas, Tom Brady). Matt Ryan and Ty Montgomery made it 8 of the top 36. 

Cool story bro.

Edited by UConnCeltics

My leagues draft was last night. Scheduled for 8pm.

We all login and try to enter the draft client. Nobody can. 8pm rolls around and we're all panicking. At 8.02 all our teams have been autodrafted and we can see who we got. Everyone is horrified. 

The commissioner then resets the league and schedules the draft for 10pm without letting anybody know. He and 3 others who somehow notice what is happening draft, with 12 teams on autodraft.

Today I start my own league and poach the other 11 players who didn't draft. We drop all our players in the other league.

What a total muppet he is.

33 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

My leagues draft was last night. Scheduled for 8pm.

We all login and try to enter the draft client. Nobody can. 8pm rolls around and we're all panicking. At 8.02 all our teams have been autodrafted and we can see who we got. Everyone is horrified. 

The commissioner then resets the league and schedules the draft for 10pm without letting anybody know. He and 3 others who somehow notice what is happening draft, with 12 teams on autodraft.

Today I start my own league and poach the other 11 players who didn't draft. We drop all our players in the other league.

What a total muppet he is.

I once had a Commish (was a Cowboys fan, must be said) that decided without asking the league to blow away our draft and re-do it because one new owner couldn't log into the draft.  Of course, the first team I had was better and it severely ticked off the entire league.

I've been in her league for like 10 years and keep coming back...and it seems like she royally screws something up or comes up with a ridiculous controversial rule every year.   I guess that's what makes it fun, especially when I win the league.

This guy finished one place outside the playoff places last season and a few of us noticed in the log that he had run through all the tiebreaker settings to see if he could push himself into the playoff spots with any of them changed.

No more. People like that shouldn't be tolerated. We invest too much time and effort and garner too much enjoyment to let someone undermine it all like that.

I ordered an Egg McMuffin combo the other day but they messed up my order.  The hash brown and drink were correct but I recognized immediately the paper in which a mystery item was wrapped was not the Egg McMuffin paper.  However, it ended up being a Sausage McMuffin, which I also love.  Win.

47 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Never thought in my lifetime that I would own multiple dolphin's players on a team (Ajayi, Parker, Julius) and not just on 1 team either. I almost had Cutler as my QB but he got taken as someone's 2nd QB.  This is gonna be one crazy season, I can already feel it.

See you in the Game Day threads next week. I've no Dolphins on my two teams, but really like Parker with Cutler as his QB.

Such a gut punch to lose Snead

I made it through the entire preseason without losing anyone on my 30 player dynasty roster. I was feeling really excited about having my roster completely intact, and my week 1 lineup ready to go. Now Snead is gone, and I have about 100 guys I could potentially start in my flex spot.

No Snead, so Gore with no Luck, and the Colts leaning on the run, right? No, Sterling Shepard with OBJ maybe less than 100%? Wait, what about Taylor Gabriel against the Bears? Or shoot, Thomas Rawls is the starter now, he might get a lot of work? Actually, it could be a high scoring game against the Packers, so Prosise it is? Hold on, the Panthers are playing the Niners, Jonathan Stewart? Jamaal Charles looked good in his preseason action, didn't he? Cooper Kupp looked like a beast in the preseason, and the Colts secondary..... 

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. 

/End CSB 

Edited by ajs723

7 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Such a gut punch to lose Snead

I made it through the entire preseason without losing anyone on my 30 player dynasty roster. I was feeling really excited about having my roster completely intact, and my week 1 lineup ready to go. Now Snead is gone, and I have about 100 guys I could potentially start in my flex spot.

No Snead, so Gore with no Luck, and the Colts leaning on the run, right? No, Sterling Shepard with OBJ maybe less than 100%? Wait, what about Taylor Gabriel against the Bears? Or shoot, Thomas Rawls is the starter now, he might get a lot of work? Actually, it could be a high scoring game against the Packers, so Prosise it is? Hold on, the Panthers are playing the Niners, Jonathan Stewart? Cooper Kupp looked like a beast in the preseason, and the Colts secondary..... 

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. 

/End CSB 

I have the opposite problem.  I just took over a dynasty roster with an average age of over 30 (that still wasn't competitive).  So I've sold for picks this year and next, but I don't have an NFL starting RB on the roster unless you count Forte.  I'm already salivating over next year though.  

9 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

I have the opposite problem.  I just took over a dynasty roster with an average age of over 30 (that still wasn't competitive).  So I've sold for picks this year and next, but I don't have an NFL starting RB on the roster unless you count Forte.  I'm already salivating over next year though.  

In that situation, I'd be shopping Forte hard. Especially if he has one solid game. You aren't winning anything this year, you might as well get another pick/young player for Forte. Plus, Forte will only help you win more games this year, which is the opposite of what you want. 

Edit - Looking at that roster, I'd ship out Crabtree (I recently saw him fetch a 2018 first rounder), and Wallace too. Shoot for that number 1 pick next year. 

Edited by ajs723

Just now, ajs723 said:

In that situation, I'd be shopping Forte hard. Especially if he has one solid game. You aren't winning anything this year, you might as well get another pick/young player for Forte. Plus, Forte will only help you win more games this year, which is the opposite of what you want. 

That's the plan this year (although I'm not that worried about winning a bunch of games this year), but he has to show he still has something first.  I'm probably the hands down favorite for 1.01 next year, with another two later firsts. Definitely is a new way of looking at fantasy.  I feel so much more invested in every transaction.  

For the record, I took the situation on this year, so I didn't draft a retirement home in the initial auction draft.

Team name in one league: A Feast For Crowell (play on A Feast For Crows, game of thrones book)

Yes i drafted Crowell just for this, pretty cheap too i paid around 12 bucks in auction league, bargain.

I have this printed out and hung up by my desk so my co-workers know who beat them.

I caww cawwed when i won the bid for Crowell too.

yHAWIqq.jpg

Edited by pdog109

On 8/31/2017 at 9:26 AM, KennyWoo said:

I ordered an Egg McMuffin combo the other day but they messed up my order.  The hash brown and drink were correct but I recognized immediately the paper in which a mystery item was wrapped was not the Egg McMuffin paper.  However, it ended up being a Sausage McMuffin, which I also love.  Win.

Sounds like the time I ordered a tuna sandwich and 2 bagels from Einstein's.  I get home, and my tuna sandwich has 0 tuna on it, and they only gave me 1 of 2 bagels.  :rolleyes: