NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cool Story Bro 2017 Edition

jbshaw

On 8/28/2017 at 0:43 PM, JoeJoe88 said:

I traded a guy in my dynasty league Joe Flacco and a 2018 Third Round rookie pick for Terrelle Pryor a few weeks ago.

Pryor can only run two routes.  They are both curls.

Nothing but Cousins covering for Pryor's dropped passes during the preseason.  Get used to it.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/2/2017 at 5:33 AM, pdog109 said:

Team name in one league: A Feast For Crowell (play on A Feast For Crows, game of thrones book)

Yes i drafted Crowell just for this, pretty cheap too i paid around 12 bucks in auction league, bargain.

I have this printed out and hung up by my desk so my co-workers know who beat them.

I caww cawwed when i won the bid for Crowell too.

yHAWIqq.jpg

Half of Crowell's yards last year were carries over 10 yards: draw plays against prevent defenses.

Take those out, and he averaged 3.2 yards per carry.  Not sure a rookie QB with young receivers is going to get a lot of first downs.

7 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Half of Crowell's yards last year were carries over 10 yards: draw plays against prevent defenses.

Take those out, and he averaged 3.2 yards per carry.  Not sure a rookie QB with young receivers is going to get a lot of first downs.

Take out the big runs of any RB and their YPC will look pedestrian. Not every run is a 5-10 yard gain.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:54 PM, LeeVanCleef said:

Never thought in my lifetime that I would own multiple dolphin's players on a team (Ajayi, Parker, Julius) and not just on 1 team either. I almost had Cutler as my QB but he got taken as someone's 2nd QB.  This is gonna be one crazy season, I can already feel it.

I had to find a QB to start the first 6 weeks while Luck is out.

MIA has a super fluff schedule weeks 1-6.  I'm starting Cutler.

This why I hate newbies:

new guy we let into the 12 man ppr league claims he is a fantasy guru, dropped Danny woodhead 3 days after draft and picked up . . . a 2nd defense. . :huh:

Claims woodhead is injury prone and will bust but yet he paid for him in an auction and u have  marshawn-ty monty-latavius-jcharles?

This is why I love newbies:

I claimed woodhead for $5 FAAB

Cool Story Bro!

Edited by dashoe

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Take out the big runs of any RB and their YPC will look pedestrian. Not every run is a 5-10 yard gain.

After week 4 last season, all he and Pryor saw after the first quarter was prevent defense.

Crowell = draw plays

Pryor = 126th in yards after catch.

It was all garbage time.

Defenses gave them their stats.

Both these guys have way too high of an ADP without knowing what they can do in competitive games. 

Greg Williams' defense should keep scores low for the Browns.

Pryor catches a lot of Curl routes.  He has been dropping a lot of passes during pre-season.  He is a developing receiver.  Too soon to go big on him.

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

This why I hate newbies:

new guy we let into the 12 man ppr league claims he is a fantasy guru, dropped Danny woodhead 3 days after draft and picked up . . . a 2nd defense. . :huh:

Claims woodhead is injury prone and will bust but yet he paid for him in an auction and u have  marshawn-ty monty-latavius-jcharles?

Cool Story Bro!

Nice!

Woodhead finished RB #9 in standard two years ago.

BAL only kept 3 RBs.  They have also attempted the most passes in the NFL the last 2 seasons. 

I also drafted Steve Smith, er Maclin, in the 10th round.

1 minute ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I completed all of my drafts for the year. I own 2 players in 50% of my leagues. Typically, any player who gets on 50% of my teams is some late flyer type dude like Burkhead or Kendall Wright. 

This year though, its Jack Doyle....and Aaron Rodgers. 

Go Pack! Count me as a new fan of the team. 

Erik Swoope is coming off IR a couple games after Luck is starting.  He's a converted Power Forward.  Just saying.

Just now, jmausen said:

Erik Swoope is coming off IR a couple games after Luck is starting.  He's a converted Power Forward.  Just saying.

I only have Doyle slated to start at TE for me in one of my five leagues where I've got him. 

More often than not, he's a back up to a player like Reed, or is paired with a guy like Eifert/Ertz

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Woodhead was RB9 during one of the worst years for RBs in the history of fantasy due to injuries and poor play (2015). He is still a solid PPR back though.

The day he has a great game is the day I trade him to upgrade my wr group; I think he has a consistent weekly floor of 10pts which will be better than most peoples flex spots week to week

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Woodhead was RB9 during one of the worst years for RBs in the history of fantasy due to injuries and poor play (2015). He is still a solid PPR back though.

His 2015 total (splitting with Gordon) would have finished 16th last year.

He should have more volume in BAL (West).

High RB 2 is a good possibility.

5 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I only have Doyle slated to start at TE for me in one of my five leagues where I've got him. 

More often than not, he's a back up to a player like Reed, or is paired with a guy like Eifert/Ertz

My backup TE is the waiver wire.

I need 6 RB 1 and 2s, plus a handcuff for Hyde. That is the only thing you cannot pick up on waivers week 2.

McCoy, Hyde, Martin, Ingram, Stewart, Woodhead, Breida.  I went Gronk round 1.  Took Luck as QB 12.

7 minutes ago, jmausen said:

My backup TE is the waiver wire.

I need 6 RB 1 and 2s, plus a handcuff for Hyde. That is the only thing you cannot pick up on waivers week 2.

McCoy, Hyde, Martin, Ingram, Stewart, Woodhead, Breida.  I went Gronk round 1.  Took Luck as QB 12.

I feel ya. If my going to spend a high pick on Reed, I want to make sure I've got some insurance though. 

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The day he has a great game is the day I trade him to upgrade my wr group; I think he has a consistent weekly floor of 10pts which will be better than most peoples flex spots week to week

I always plan on having one bust RB and 2 injured RB.  Had to give up on too many seasons after week 4.  Now I load up on RBs and start the guys with the best matchups. 

When Leveon Bell and David Johnson go down, their replacement is maybe a RB3.  I had 3 top 13 RBs last year: McCoy, Gordon, and Latavius.  Two of them were darts.  Grab lots of guys with big ceilings when everyone else is taking WRs, QBs, and TEs.

At WR, AJ Green and Eric Decker were both injured.  Replacing them was not difficult.  Tyrell Williams, Sammy Watkins (injury), and Moncrief (injury) were all available.  Picked up Merideth a couple of times too.

34 minutes ago, dashoe said:

This why I hate newbies:

Cool Story Bro!

$5?

Sounds like more than 1 newbie in the league 

Anyone else kinda wish Zeke gets the 6 game suspension? In one league, the guy who has him autodrafted the first 6 rounds because he forgot we had a draft. He is also the kind of guy who will talk hella s--- even though he doesnt know what he's doing. In another league, the guy who drafted him had only 3 rbs on his roster Freeman, Zeke, and D Henry. We drafted before we knew there might be reduction in the suspension so he basically only had 1 serviceable rb. I guess I'm just salty because it seems the people who put in the least work into this seem to be the luckiest. Maybe this belongs in the vent thread lol.

5 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I feel ya. If my going to spend a high pick on Reed, I want to make sure I've got some insurance though. 

Reed is one concussion from being dead.  Similar issues with Gronk,  Other than those guys, Hunter Henry should have a monster season, and Kelce will get his normal 100 yards and 0 TDs.

Other than those 4 guys, you're better off with waivers, so you can throw darts at top RBs.  Right now, we're all just guessing.

Maybe next year, I'll go 10 RBs, then I'll fill the rest of my roster: 2 WR, 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K, and just replace the last 6 guys with best available on waivers.

1 minute ago, Elcapitan said:

Anyone else kinda wish Zeke gets the 6 game suspension? In one league, the guy who has him autodrafted the first 6 rounds because he forgot we had a draft. He is also the kind of guy who will talk hella s--- even though he doesnt know what he's doing. In another league, the guy who drafted him had only 3 rbs on his roster Freeman, Zeke, and D Henry. We drafted before we knew there might be reduction in the suspension so he basically only had 1 serviceable rb. I guess I'm just salty because it seems the people who put in the least work into this seem to be the luckiest. Maybe this belongs in the vent thread lol.

NFLPA filed a temporary restraining order.  If the suspension is upheld, he doesn't get it till next year.

Tom Brady did the same thing with deflate-gate.