NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cool Story Bro 2017 Edition

My deal for Antonio Brown got vetoed earlier in the year.

the team that vetoed the deal and also made false accusations played me this week in our semi- finals.

If I had AB, I would have benched Sterling......significantly decreasing my likelihood of my pending victory over this owner who wrongfully put me on blast.....

That team hasn't won a championship in the 13 years he has played....i can get my 4th next week......

Isn't fantasy Karma a b$tch?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely routed my semis matchup (unless Matt Bryant puts up 60+) thanks to Kareem. To make things better, the winner of the other semis matchup was the team I didn't want to face -- but she lost Antonio Brown! So now I'm totally happy facing her.

Even if I lose though, I'm at least "in the money."

Full ppr, 6 point passing td league

Went as zero wr as you probably could in the draft. First four picks were Gurley, Gronk, Brees and Hyde.

After the draft I was panicked, my WRs consisted of Hogan, Garçon, R.Matthews, C.Coleman, K.Wright and Golladay. Posted on here to ask for advice and was laughed off the forum, told to move gronk for pennies on the dollar, and even told I might as well abaodon the team. 

Today I sit on the brink of a championship game barring the Atl D and Bryant don't score 50 points. And the beauty of it being my first two risky picks of Gronk+Gurley are the main reasons I might get there with almost 80 points between them. 

What an incredible performance by my PPR team. Goodwin, Freeman, Kamara, Michael Thomas, Evan Engram. 

Scored 157.3 points. Most points I scored all season. And it just happened to be exactly 1 point more than the #1 seed this week. 

No, this isn't a fairy tale ending. That #1 seed is who I thought I would be playing against. I just had to win last week to do so. Which I didn't. I'm farting around in the consolation ladder. Oh well. Still cool. What if......

15 minutes ago, raltherr said:

I barely beat a guy that had Carson Wentz as his starting QB. He had McCoy, Gordon, and Ingram.  If he was paying attention I'd be done.  But he snoozed and now I get Zeke back for the 'Ship!

Sounds like a pretty non competitive league if a guy isn't pulling out his qb during a playoff week.

10 minutes ago, Rizzle630 said:

Sounds like a pretty non competitive league if a guy isn't pulling out his qb during a playoff week.

It's honestly not very competitive.  It's a league on NFL.com a friend and I both joined that gives a ring as the prize.  We wanted to wave it in each others face.  

Standard was up about 5.5 points with bryant against his julio....Bryant missed that fg and i was trying to stay positive....TB drives down the field and attempts a fg to go into OT and luckily enough Julio didnt have any other opportunities. In the Chip against a team who scored 160 points last week.....Hopefully his team spent all its points and is out of gas lol

Had the most unbelievable classic on my way to the finals! Coming into Monday, I was up by like 15 and I had the falcons defense (smh) and he had the kicker Bryant from the falcons. If it wasn’t for the blocked fg in the third and the missed fg by the bucs at the end of the game, I would of been done! Holyyyyy sheeiitt I cant believe I hanged on by a thread to advance. 163-162. I’m dead. My boy was so pissed lmao

Edited by The_Real_Deal

Made trades and sacrificed most of my bench to load up for the playoffs. Only went in as the 4 seed but I have Rodgers, Elliott, Olsen, and Gordon all as potential starters for me in the finals now. Elliott/Hunt/Ingram are going to be hard to beat. 

Made it to the 'ship this season in all 3 of the leagues I play in. In my most important league, I survived no Gronk in round 1 and injuries to Antonio Brown, Burkhead AND Marquise Lee in round 2. I eliminated the Kamara owner in the semi's in one league and will face the Kamara owner in the 'ship in another. On one team there will only be one player I drafted (Gronk) in my starting lineup this week with AB out. Got Zeke back for the 'ship in the other. No matter what happens I feel pretty damn good getting 3 out of 3 teams to the 'ship!

In my main re-draft league, we switched to a 3-keeper format last year.

After week 1, I was pretty bummed with DJ going down and figured my team wouldn't be very competitive. But thanks mainly to Gurley and Kamara, I am in the championship game! Won the league last year, too. :-D

Even if don't repeat, my 3 keepers are all likely top-10 picks... Gurley, DJ and Kamara.

Made it to the Championship in 2 out of the 3 leagues

the league i didnt make it ended the season with a 1-12 record (last place) i wasnt particulary happy with that draft and got hit with injuries left/right.

Luck pretty much gets balanced out