NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul Millsap 2017-2018 Season Outlook

36 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

No way.

Why not? The dude may not come till mid-March. That's half of the first week of playoffs in most leagues. There's a very good chance you'll get zero production out of him, considering you may be carrying dead weight in the first round of playoffs. But anyway, DJA is probably gone by now :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other teams in my money league.

Lol this is where we are at    Asking for a timetable for the timetable 

This guy here...    We of the Asian delegation trade this guy away. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Why not? The dude may not come till mid-March. That's half of the first week of playoffs in most leagues. There's a very good chance you'll get zero production out of him, considering you may be carrying dead weight in the first round of playoffs. But anyway, DJA is probably gone by now :D

exactly my point 

13 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Well I was responding to a question with no context so in a vacuum there's no way I'd drop Millsap for DJ.   Of course it's all up to circumstance. Personally I'd only think of rostering DJ in 14 teamers and up.  He's just not very good imo. I don't care how many minutes he gets.  Even in the past with big minutes he's always been inconsistent as I've owned him plenty throughout the years.  Serviceable sure,  just not for me.  10 and 12 teamers I'd rather have a streaming spot than roster this guy.  Again,  it's all circumstantial.

2 hours ago, rush007 said:

It's unlikely DJA will hold enough consistent value that he will still be on 12 team rosters by fantasy playoff time. So no I would never think of dropping sap for him who can be a complete game changer for you in playoffs. Malone said early to mid March so it could also be first week of March or even earlier. Remember that nuggets are in fighting for the last spot.. if they go on a losing record over the next 5 games or so you can bet they will want sap back asap to try to get into the playoffs. Nuggets actually a franchise that values getting into playoffs. 

Just a hunch but I think he will be back before March 5th..giving him 1 week of games/practice before first playoff week in Yahoo. 

37 minutes ago, richg24 said:

It's unlikely DJA will hold enough consistent value that he will still be on 12 team rosters by fantasy playoff time. So no I would never think of dropping sap for him who can be a complete game changer for you in playoffs. Malone said early to mid March so it could also be first week of March or even earlier. Remember that nuggets are in fighting for the last spot.. if they go on a losing record over the next 5 games or so you can bet they will want sap back asap to try to get into the playoffs. Nuggets actually a franchise that values getting into playoffs. 

Just a hunch but I think he will be back before March 5th..giving him 1 week of games/practice before first playoff week in Yahoo. 

I agree with this.

The week after ASB is what i think

5 hours ago, richg24 said:

I do understand the optimism. However, the fact that his return was pushed to a later date is not a good sign. That means he's coming along slower than expected. I'd exercise caution here. Yeah, hopefully he comes back sooner rather than later, but I really think there's a bigger chance it will be on the later end of the spectrum.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rush007 said:

I do understand the optimism. However, the fact that his return was pushed to a later date is not a good sign. That means he's coming along slower than expected. I'd exercise caution here. Yeah, hopefully he comes back sooner rather than later, but I really think there's a bigger chance it will be on the later end of the spectrum.

It’s sensible people like you that make me sad 

• Haha 1

I wonder if this type of injury will require resting on B2B's etc, given how cautious most NBA teams are with injuries.

If he has a minutes limit and resting on B2B's when he returns I'm for sure dropping now.

My 2 IR spots are stuck with Kawhi and Millsap, and I have Collison...Don't really want to be handicapped.

4 hours ago, rush007 said:

My thing is this...was his timetable pushed back? 

To be honest it was always after All Star Break. He was never definitely coming back exactly at 3 months or befor ASB.

We just hoped

the reason i have optimism is because coaches always use weird terminology.

So how can paul milsap beahead pf schedule but his timetable is pushed back?

how can vucevic be “ways away from returning” to questionable in a matter of days?

ill hold for an extra couple weeks. Got a baby soft ending schedule with a playoff berth

Edited by necro892003
5 minutes ago, necro892003 said:

My thing is this...was his timetable pushed back? 

To be honest it was always after All Star Break. He was never definitely coming back exactly at 3 months or befor ASB.

We just hoped

He got injured on November 20. On 22nd, it was reported he'll have surgery and miss 2 to 3 months. The new timetable means he'll definitely come back after the far end of his initial timetable. It just seems like he's coming along slower than expected.

17 minutes ago, rush007 said:

He got injured on November 20. On 22nd, it was reported he'll have surgery and miss 2 to 3 months. The new timetable means he'll definitely come back after the far end of his initial timetable. It just seems like he's coming along slower than expected.

What im saying is if it was reported he'd miss 2 to 3 months, to my recollection Malone's sentiment was always AFTER ASB. Correct me if im wrong please. I just dont understand how somebody can be "ahead" of schedule and "behind" the schedule at the same time. Confusing terminology. But either way lets hope its early march as thats essentially really only a week after ASB.

"I think after the All-Star break we will go back to the doctor once again and get an update on how the wrist is healing. Hopefully, slowly but surely we can reintegrate him back into practice — see how he does with that,” Malone explained. “Maybe by early to mid-March, we can get him back on the floor. That would be a guesstimate, if you will."

Malone's so full of it lol "guesstimate"

Edited by necro892003
On 2/9/2018 at 4:57 AM, blob2004 said:

I wonder if this type of injury will require resting on B2B's etc, given how cautious most NBA teams are with injuries.

If he has a minutes limit and resting on B2B's when he returns I'm for sure dropping now.

My 2 IR spots are stuck with Kawhi and Millsap, and I have Collison...Don't really want to be handicapped.

I'd doubt it. Generally the guys who sit out b2bs and have minute restrictions or that type of thing are the guys coming back from ankle/knee/leg injuries. Conditioning is more of a factor there because those guys can't do much of anything for much of their recovery. Millsap having a wrist injury isn't nearly as big of a deal and he should be able to jump right back into things much quicker when he does return. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Stefan said:

March 3rd vs CLE... possible return ...?

That's like a week/10 days after ASB...
What do y'all think ... ?

I actually think that is the most likely return date and still falls in line with Malones early to mid March comment. This would be perfect for most leagues as he would have a full week to shake the rust before fantasy playoffs week 1 which starts March 12th for Yahoo default. Should have no restrictions when he returns, it's just a left wrist

Edited by richg24
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, USWAY said:

Heads up, listening to the most recent Bill Simmons podcast from this past Friday with Richard Jefferson. Jefferson just said Milsap should be back in a week or two. So a week would be this Friday Feb 23rd, two weeks would be next Friday March 2nd

WTG you just got my hopes up.....

Just now, chud12 said:
He’s still two to four weeks away from playing in a game, Michael Malone said. He’ll come off the bench initially.

Dont understand Mike Malone at all. Millsap himself said tonight that he was planning on returning this Friday but wants to play it safe. I just can’t see 2-4 weeks given that he’s already practicing in full it seems

6 minutes ago, akund said:

Dont understand Mike Malone at all. Millsap himself said tonight that he was planning on returning this Friday but wants to play it safe. I just can’t see 2-4 weeks given that he’s already practicing in full it seems

Paul millsap said he was gonna play friday? 

If so i dont believe a word malone says