NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matt Breida 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Hyde was out early in the game, Shanahan mixed in that other guy (who fumbled). Forget his name, but he actually had more carries than Breida.

Not convinced Breida would get all the touches in the case that Hyde goes down. More likely a committee.

And if that is the case, why hold a guy who plays for SF??

Would rather hold a guy who may have a clearer path to touches on a better team. For example: Alex Collins (with T. West injured...who is kind of a bum).

11 minutes ago, petekrum said:

And the only way he's 190 lbs is if he's carrying a cinder block.

Haha yep.  Was just saying this in the Hyde thread.     He's a nice little scatback but nothing more than that even without Hyde.   Small uptick in usage only 

11 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Ayeeeee!

charles-and-johnson.jpg

Combine: Chris Johnson was 5-11, 197

Jamaal Charles combine was 5-11, 200. So no. But I do recall that Chris Johnson told the media at end of his 2000 yard season he weighed in at 180 pounds.

But no, they weren't 5-11, 190 at their combine/pro day weigh ins. 

Just now, Ffguy0087 said:

So what did we learn about this guy during Hyde's brief absence last Thursday? Mostert, altho he did have a costly fumble, did outcarry him in that time. Anyone thinking a useless RBBC if Hyde misses extended time?

nah brieda is the way to go, if hyde goes down instant RB2 at worst low end rb2 or high end flex

Just now, Ffguy0087 said:

You're overwhelming me with all your insight and logic!

haha anytime!

nothing i can say that hasnt been said in the thread before, looked solid Thursday, nothing new about the situation, if u want insight just go back a couple pages haha

4 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

So what did we learn about this guy during Hyde's brief absence last Thursday? Mostert, altho he did have a costly fumble, did outcarry him in that time. Anyone thinking a useless RBBC if Hyde misses extended time?

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

nah brieda is the way to go, if hyde goes down instant RB2 at worst low end rb2 or high end flex

1 minute ago, Ffguy0087 said:

You're overwhelming me with all your insight and logic!

But he's probably right. 

58 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Hyde goes down, that offense literally falls apart and Breida is not going to fill the void, which means the coaches probably go rbbc instead of bellcow. hyde goes down i'm  adding Kittle because Hoyer will make him a TE1

8 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Be honest, how many of you pissed yourselves when Hyde came out last week and it looked like Breida was gonna get 15-20 touches. 

Alot of owners, same as when any other starting RB goes down with what looks like could be a serious injury.  What's your point?

Just now, Sully2x said:

Alot of owners, same as when any other starting RB goes down with what looks like could be a serious injury.  What's your point?

Point is a bunch of people picked up Breida right before that game. I can only imagine how big their eyes got when they felt like they may have stolen a potential gem with perfect timing.

Not everyone in this thread owns Hyde.

It all comes down to depth. If you have good enough players to cover the loss of Hyde, then cool.

Im not sold on Breida becoming the bell cow if Hyde goes down, but I don't want to risk not having Breida on my team in case he does. Either way, we all know he'll be a top WW pick that week and if you don't have high priority, it's likely that you won't even have a chance to get him to see how his workload unfolds. 

Edited by yahyahtrick
1 minute ago, DezBryant88 said:

Point is a bunch of people picked up Breida right before that game. I can only imagine how big their eyes got when they felt like they may have stolen a potential gem with perfect timing.

Not everyone in this thread owns Hyde.

Oh you meant pissed themselves with giddiness, not terror.. the same, alot of owners.

Why not "gamble" on an unowned player who a coach values enough to drop a fourth round pick for? People were juiced over Kareem Hunt for the confidence he had to trade up for him and look how that has turned out. If a coach does something to show confidence in a player, they are worth holding if it roster size allows it. I'm holding Brenda on all my teams as Shanahan showed faith by cutting Joe Williams. If Hyde never goes down , I'll have lost nothing on the free agent pick up.

Hell of a lot better than using waivers on JJ Nelson for a goose egg.

Once Shanahan trades with Cleveland and gets Lord Gordon to fill the Julio Jones role in his offense everyone will be better...

If/when Hyde limps/is carried off the field Breida will be a check down machine ala sproles and have room to run with 11 defenders chasing Gordon around in vein...

On a more serious note I don't own Hyde but still drafted Breida because of Hydes penchant for injuries and have held him even though my team is an early season mess...

I can't remember but didn't Shanahan use another 5'9" rb and have marginal success?  Some dude named Freedman or something....