Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matt Breida 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

1 week rental?

My thought too.  Hyde gets hurt, yes.  But this looks like minor ding.  Breida only becomes relevant if Hyde gone for an extended time.  This doesn't look like that time.

 

The other exciting RB of the week is Alex Collins, judging by the forums.  Collins has a chance to become lead dog even without injury and stay there.  Breida doesn't get that opportunity with a healthy Hyde.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How in the world would Hyde not play this Sunday considering he finished the game last Thursday and had all this time to heal?

 

This is just coach speak. Since I own Hyde, I do have Breida as a handcuff.

 

It's clearly not an injury that affects his long term health or ability to perform...simply a pain management issue I would think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

How in the world would Hyde not play this Sunday considering he finished the game last Thursday and had all this time to heal?

 

This is just coach speak. Since I own Hyde, I do have Breida as a handcuff.

 

It's clearly not an injury that affects his long term health or ability to perform...simply a pain management issue I would think.

 

Sometimes you can play through an injury because of adrenaline and then the pain kicks in the next day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebull315 said:

 

Sometimes you can play through an injury because of adrenaline and then the pain kicks in the next day. 

Yeah, but he actually left the field for multiple possessions...right?

 

Seems odd that the coaching staff would let him return if it was a potentially serious issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Yeah, but he actually left the field for multiple possessions...right?

 

Seems odd that the coaching staff would let him return if it was a potentially serious issue.

 

Not really. Players go back in all the time, sometimes hurt seriously. One, they were trying to win the game. Two, as mentioned before, adrenaline is a mutha. Three, players want to play, so they'll try to hide the severity of their injury to keep going. Players have gone back in while concussed.  How many times have players played while shot up on Demerol? 

 

A lot of variables here. It's just not that cut and dry.

Edited by Conscious Pilot
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Conscious Pilot said:

 

Not really. Players go back in all the time, sometimes hurt seriously. One, they were trying to win the game. Two, as mentioned before, adrenaline is a mutha. Three, players want to play, so they'll try to hide the severity of their injury to keep going. How many times have players played while shot up on Demerol.

 

A lot of variables here. It's just not that cut and dry.

Can you provide a single example?

 

I'm not trying to be a jerk....but I just don't see it.

 

Hyde is not going back in if he feels he can seriously injure himself. This ins't the Superbowl.

 

I think he got a painful stinger which is why he sat out multiple possessions. He came back in and killed it. Having more than a week off will only help....I'm sure he is sore, but don't believe it is going to affect performance or his ability to suit up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

4 hours ago, hard1 said:

I was thinking Mouth Breida....so as long as this guy goes all captain caveman when the time comes it'll fit...

It took me a second but I got it lol. Definitely a hard guy to put a nickname on. Who's a Breida the big bad wolf? I Breida God he scores? 

Edited by pikerbkb
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Can you provide a single example?

 

I'm not trying to be a jerk....but I just don't see it.

 

Hyde is not going back in if he feels he can seriously injure himself. This ins't the Superbowl.

 

I think he got a painful stinger which is why he sat out multiple possessions. He came back in and killed it. Having more than a week off will only help....I'm sure he is sore, but don't believe it is going to affect performance or his ability to suit up.

 

Uhhh...I hate to be the voice of dissent but Hyde is in a contract year. He’s going to kill himself to get out there to get paid. All the more reason to be high on Breida...Hyde’s probably going to push himself right into (yet another) injury in an effort to get paid. 

 

Im personally hoping Hyde plays this week only to get himself sidelined for an extended period of time

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColtsBaby!! said:

 

Uhhh...I hate to be the voice of dissent but Hyde is in a contract year. He’s going to kill himself to get out there to get paid. All the more reason to be high on Breida...Hyde’s probably going to push himself right into (yet another) injury in an effort to get paid. 

 

Im personally hoping Hyde plays this week only to get himself sidelined for an extended period of time

Yea its only a matter of time

Link to post
Share on other sites

this Hyde thing seems like a possible re-injury waiting to happen. it's a hip deal that has had 10 days to rest up and is still hurting him, doesn't sound like something that will heal if he plays or not. I am thinking of making a pretty big bid to secure Breida tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

 

Sounds familiar:

 

"As a D.Henry owner, I hope Demarco Murray plays."

 

That turned out just grrrreeeeeeeaaaaat.

 

In the last 2 years, Demarco Murray has only missed 1 game. During that same time frame, Carlos Hyde has missed 12 games. 

 

Nice try, bad comparison. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

 

Sounds familiar:

 

"As a D.Henry owner, I hope Demarco Murray plays."

 

That turned out just grrrreeeeeeeaaaaat.

this is not really the same in that Henry conceivably could have moved ahead of Murray decisively while Breida almost certainly won't. Breida owners need Hyde to get a more serious injury for big value

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hines said:

this is not really the same in that Henry conceivably could have moved ahead of Murray decisively while Breida almost certainly won't. Breida owners need Hyde to get a more serious injury for big value

It'll happen. He's already breaking down, all the talent in world but cant stay healthy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...