munde53

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

If Breida  "improves" your fantasy team you must be operating from a low base. .. :lol:

2016:  If unheralded rookie back-up Jordan Howard "improves" your fantasy team you must be operating from a low base.  (Howard finishes second in rushing yards.)

2014:  If career career journeyman Justin Forsett "improves" your fantasy team you must be operating from a low base. (Forsett finishes fifth in rushing yards.)

2012:  If sixth round NFL pick Alfred Morris "improves" your fantasy team you must be operating from a low base. (Morris finishes second in rushing.)

And on and on.

Just now, Al O'Pecia said:

2016:  If unheralded rookie back-up Jordan Howard "improves" your fantasy team you must be operating from a low base.  (Howard finishes second in rushing yards.)

2014:  If career career journeyman Justin Forsett "improves" your fantasy team you must be operating from a low base. (Forsett finishes fifth in rushing yards.)

2012:  If sixth round NFL pick Alfred Morris "improves" your fantasy team you must be operating from a low base. (Morris finishes second in rushing.)

And on and on.

So according to your timeline my dear Fantasy Nostradamus you won't have the unheralded rookie until 2018 . .  .:lol:

57 minutes ago, Al O'Pecia said:

And on and on.

Cant forget david johnson 2015.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

If Breida  "improves" your fantasy team you must be operating from a low base. .. :lol:

Many people in this forum want so badly to make others look foolish, yet often wind up looking foolish themselves. 

Cavs93 said "I pray every night that Hyde gets a season ending injury so i can improve my fantasy team with brieda".

Would a Breida owners team not improve if Hyde suffered a season ending injury? Of course it would, possibly dramatically. Your reply about "must be operating from a low base" makes no sense at all. Cavs93 could have a fantastic team with Breida occupying his last roster spot and it would still improve if Hyde suffered a season ending injury.

I just picked up Darth Breida in three of my leagues. I'm not a Hyde owner, but strangely enough, I'm facing all the Hyde owners next week. So this is mostly a strategic pickup on my part. That said, I really think Breida could be a lottery ticket.

Hyde is already breaking down, and there's NO WAY he's going to last until the 49ers' Week 11 bye, much less the entire season. Breida is going to start showing off his skills, perhaps as soon as tomorrow afternoon. And even if Hyde plays tomorrow and next week, Breida's time will come. He's a great stash until then.

All aboard this train, guys...

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy

While I have both the Cardinals D and Breida... an inactive Hyde would interests me in starting him or just to see how he does given close to a bellcow work...

If he does well, who is to say this can't turn into the Falcons version of Freeman/Coleman

30 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Many people in this forum want so badly to make others look foolish, yet often wind up looking foolish themselves. 

Cavs93 said "I pray every night that Hyde gets a season ending injury so i can improve my fantasy team with brieda".

Would a Breida owners team not improve if Hyde suffered a season ending injury? Of course it would, possibly dramatically. Your reply about "must be operating from a low base" makes no sense at all. Cavs93 could have a fantastic team with Breida occupying his last roster spot and it would still improve if Hyde suffered a season ending injury.

See when you interject as some sort of behavioral observer to support one opinion over the other you may often expose your own inability to drill down through the argument.  

So I will posit to you this. . Did  the teams of DJ owners IMPROVE with his season ending injury? Did owning kerwyn, ellington or cj2k as DJ replacements improve their teams?

Did the owners of those cuffs who didnt own DJ, teams improve outright once DJ went down?  Now if their teams did then I will again state they are operating from a low base.

I will answer the question for you. The answer is a resounding NO  because those players were low quality cuffs that are not fantasy relevant enough to reproduce the production lost by DJ. 

You imply i was attempting to make a poster look foolish yet, you somehow commit the same perceived act and ironically look foolish in doing so. Next time stick to the football debate and avoid the finger wagging  <_<

47 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Correlation is who cares what their pedigree is. The RB position above all others is based on opportunity. 

Yeah that would make sense if the point was about pedigree but one RB is a rookie and the example presented of hightower was he was reactivated after retirement. . .sooo. . . still not seeing the correlation. . :mellow:

This 2nd part you wrote makes sense:

"The RB position above all others is based on opportunity. "

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Yeah that would make sense if the point was about pedigree but one RB is a rookie and the example presented of hightower was he was reactivated after retirement. . .sooo. . . still not seeing the correlation. . :mellow:

This 2nd part you wrote makes sense:

"The RB position above all others is based on opportunity. "

Any ole jag can be big time relavent in fantasy. Opportunity trumps talent is the lesson

I knew I never should have come in here again but I had to take a peek with the news Hyde is banged up and his injury history being well documented. 

My opponent has Hyde this week so l had to do what sharks do, grabbed Breida!

Hyde's injury appears to be long term, so hoping all of us Breida owners will reap the rewards.  At the very least, he's a stash with high probability of being relevant this year.    

7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I knew I never should have come in here again but I had to take a peek with the news Hyde is banged up and his injury history being well documented. 

My opponent has Hyde this week so l had to do what sharks do, grabbed Breida!

Hyde's injury appears to be long term, so hoping all of us Breida owners will reap the rewards.  At the very least, he's a stash with high probability of being relevant this year.    

Why does Hyde's injury appear long term?

Just now, yahyahtrick said:

Possibly missing 1 week isn't exactly long term. He's also put in limited practices all week.

Well with 10 days of rest already it's still an issue (and if he plays), it's possible this injury could linger all season or get worse with the amount of punishment he takes.