munde53

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Well with 10 days of rest already it's still an issue (and if he plays), it's possible this injury could linger all season or get worse with the amount of punishment he takes.  

It's possible, sure. Everything indicates it's not a huge-deal injury, and it's pain tolerance / management imo. It was said he took a helmet to the area, but no actual damage has been reported. He's been putting in limited practices.

Shanny was quoted saying he's "still in a lot of pain." 

I have Breida as a cuff, so I'm on board, but I actually expect Hyde to play this week. I guess we'll see.

5 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Well with 10 days of rest already it's still an issue (and if he plays), it's possible this injury could linger all season or get worse with the amount of punishment he takes.  

He sure looked terrible after he came back into the game 10 days ago.....<eye roll>

Just now, meverett85 said:

He sure looked terrible after he came back into the game 10 days ago.....<eye roll>

Did you own Hyde last season? Any injury that seems insignificant with him can last weeks. I believe he had a string of limited practices last year and sat out that week's game.

11 minutes ago, hiddenz said:

Did you own Hyde last season? Any injury that seems insignificant with him can last weeks. I believe he had a string of limited practices last year and sat out that week's game.

IIRC he had a defined injury last season. It was a shoulder / AC joint sprain, missed two games, and he did not put in practices from my quick research.

This current injury was described as a hit from the helmet to the hip area. There has been no reports or talk of any structural damage, which is what I would consider an actual injury that would keep him out for a significant or "long-term" period of time.

Edited by yahyahtrick

1 minute ago, yahyahtrick said:

IIRC he had a defined injury last season. It was mainly a shoulder / AC joint sprain, missed two games, and he did not put in practices from my quick research.

This current injury was described as a hit from the helmet to the hip area. There has been no reports or talk of any structural damage, which is what I would consider an actual injury that would keep him out for a significant or "long-term" period of time.

Game time decision after a long break from last Thursday isn't "defined" enough I guess

its a matter of when Hyde misses games, not if. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Game time decision after a long break from last Thursday isn't "defined" enough I guess

its a matter of when Hyde misses games, not if. 

That's not defined. I just gave an example of defined. The specific injury and noted how he missed practice.

You all realize a game time decision means he could actually play as well? lol

It's likely this is a pain management issue. Everything has pointed in that direction. If any of you have anything contrary besides "GTD and 10 days" I'm open to change my mind.

58 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

That's not defined. I just gave an example of defined. The specific injury and noted how he missed practice.

You all realize a game time decision means he could actually play as well? lol

It's likely this is a pain management issue. Everything has pointed in that direction. If any of you have anything contrary besides "GTD and 10 days" I'm open to change my mind.

Just because he may play doesn't mean he will finish the game...you realize that he could re-aggravate an injury he's already in a lot of pain with right? 

Niner fan here. For what it's worth, two of Hyde's long injury layoffs have been because he was our only talented player and we shut him down to not risk his health/assist in tanking.

I don't view him as injury prone. He has no lingering ailments like Marshawn with his back and none of his injuries sapped him of athleticism. 

He's a talented RB that is no more injury prone than any other RB. The main problem here is I have no idea when the niners will ever get to the redzone.

Take it for what it's worth, but that's the situation base on what I've seen.

9 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Just because he may play doesn't mean he will finish the game...you realize that he could re-aggravate an injury he's already in a lot of pain with right? 

Sure he could get hit in the same spot or something.

Of course there's info we don't know, but like I said, everything points to him having some sort of bad bruise / stinger. If you consider this a significant injury, than so be it.

I'm not denying Hyde has a history of getting dinged, or that he may even miss this game. I'm disagreeing with the notion that this injury is serious enough for him to miss significant time.

Edited by yahyahtrick

17 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

If Hyde misses I think Breida needs to be picked up before the games kick off. You don't want to be forced to burn a waiver on a guy you could have gotten for free.

In terms of starting him, if Hyde misses I'd feel good about playing him if you're in a pinch.

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Apparently Hip and Abdomen problems can be closely related.  They affect very similarily in "core" movements as well as how they are conected in the body.

"Not surprisingly, I have found Abdominal Strains (especially of the lower abdomen [such as the obliques]) to be associated with Hip Flexor problems (HERE), thanks to similar fascial anchors / attachment points."

Medical Things

Since they've been calling it a hip, these new reports of an oblique suggest it might be issues with hips flexors coupled with some kind of oblique strain.

Not sure what the prognosis is... but it sounds painful.

Edit:  Apparently only a couple of weeks if rested properly.  But considering he keeps playing with it...

Edited by Gabbed

5 hours ago, and1GS said:

Niner fan here. For what it's worth, two of Hyde's long injury layoffs have been because he was our only talented player and we shut him down to not risk his health/assist in tanking.

Niner fan here. For what it's worth, I've never heard anyone else mention this ever.

2 hours ago, cs3 said:

Niner fan here. For what it's worth, I've never heard anyone else mention this ever.

Alright man believe what you will, TBH I don't care either way. Obviously this was never reported by the NY Times, but we did suck and did consistently give Hyde long recovery times for run of the mill sprains. 

If you think he's more injury prone than any other random RB then so be it, but I don't prescribe to that.

1 minute ago, and1GS said:

Alright man believe what you will, TBH I don't care either way. Obviously this was never reported by the NY Times, but we did suck and did consistently give Hyde long recovery times for run of the mill sprains. 

If you think he's more injury prone than any other random RB then so be it, but I don't prescribe to that.

Poster boy for injury proneness. 

3 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Not related I know, and I'm no doctor, but I know obliques have kept pitchers out of action for 2 months. Just saying. 

Obliques are way more critical to a pitching motion than most things a running back does. Not saying it's not detrimental, just to a lesser degree