Matt Breida 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of wishful thinking in here regarding this injury.  Hyde may go down one of these days, but it wont be because of this.  Its a bruise and the only thing making him a GTD is his ability to handle pain.

Full disclosure - Not a "sour hyde owner who didnt cuff".  I dont own Hyde anywhere. Im just an impartial guy who picked up Breida cause I have a spot to play with.

Edited by Funkenstein

All the hand-wringing about what is going to happen to Hyde.  Will he or won't he?  Of course, Hyde was a go.

Hyde: 16-68, 5 catches for 27 yards on 6 targets.

Breida: 9-16, 1 catch for 4 yards on 3 targets.

I missed a little of the game, but saw a replay where Breida scored a receiving TD but it was called back due to penalty?

As the stat line shows, Breida didn't look good.  And Hyde finished the game.  

So Hyde finishes the game and isn't injured.  And Breida didn't look good with his limited chances.  I guess if you believe Hyde will be injured at some point, you hold Breida as a handcuff.  But he clearly is not playing the Tevin Coleman role like they said he would be in the preseason.

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm dropping Breida  for some waiver adds, Hyde should be back to normal just need to keep an eye on the injury reports

I think there's enough sample size now to determine that Breidapolooza probably not going to happen. He's just not that good. Even if Hyde misses time Breida is not taking anyone's job. 

Edited by pikerbkb

5 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I'm gonna reserve judgement when he gets 20 carries in a game not 4 or 6 to decide if he's special or not...

So basically, you are holding him as a handcuff to Hyde and waiting for the "inevitable season ending injury".  If you have the bench spot, mad props to you bro.  Some of us need to churn lotto tickets and don't have the patience, especially if we don't own Hyde.  I don't see enough in this guy to think he could handle 20 carries a game even if given the opportunity.

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

So basically, you are holding him as a handcuff to Hyde and waiting for the "inevitable season ending injury".  If you have the bench spot, mad props to you bro.  Some of us need to churn lotto tickets and don't have the patience, especially if we don't own Hyde.  I don't see enough in this guy to think he could handle 20 carries a game even if given the opportunity.

It's all about league size....I don't own him in 10 team short benches and don't recommend it, but to say 6 carries a game people have seen enough to know he can't do it....is crazy....that's all I'm saying....and I'll say if mcguire or gallman are available grab them first....clearly someone doing it right now in your hand is worth more than two in the bush waiting for injury....

4 hours ago, vmo1059 said:

TMR said he is a must own on the 06010 pod today.

He's a must own if you have room....high end hand cuff....but if you can get a guy like clement gallman mcguire someone with a clearer path to playing time someone that's already playing  and don't have the bench space....he's hard to own and not as valuable....

Since he's doing nothing currently and legit needs an injury hurts him from where I stand....I play the game and get wrapped up in it too much I'll admit...thinking well if X gets hurt Y is gonna be an instant number 1 and it's great to have that guy on your bench if you can, but my fault is when I have 7 of those guys and I can't start a one or get to wrapped up in the X and the Y that I let a constant currently producer sit there....it ends up killing me and I don't make the moves I should....example I've got Mahomes on my bench!?!? Wtf for? I had breida. Damn he's gonna be awesome one day I say....but one day isn't here and I need a wr....is the wr a stud? Nope...but he's gonna possibly getting a opportunity this week and if he does something my team needs him more....my point is I'm crazy like all of you I get the hold and the stash I love finding that guy for free....but you gotta make your own determination based on your team if two in the bush is worth one in the hand....and in this game it seems to be a mix of both...

Edited by hard1

27 minutes ago, hard1 said:

He's a must own if you have room....high end hand cuff....but if you can get a guy like clement gallman mcguire someone with a clearer path to playing time someone that's already playing  and don't have the bench space....he's hard to own and not as valuable....

Since he's doing nothing currently and legit needs an injury hurts him from where I stand....I play the game and get wrapped up in it too much I'll admit...thinking well if X gets hurt Y is gonna be an instant number 1 and it's great to have that guy on your bench if you can, but my fault is when I have 7 of those guys and I can't start a one or get to wrapped up in the X and the Y that I let a constant currently producer sit there....it ends up killing me and I don't make the moves I should....example I've got Mahomes on my bench!?!? Wtf for? I had breida. Damn he's gonna be awesome one day I say....but one day isn't here and I need a wr....is the wr a stud? Nope...but he's gonna possibly getting a opportunity this week and if he does something my team needs him more....my point is I'm crazy like all of you I get the hold and the stash I love finding that guy for free....but you gotta make your own determination based on your team if two in the bush is worth one in the hand....and in this game it seems to be a mix of both...

Well that kinda sums up why he's only really valuable to hyde owners. 

I have Hyde and I am not, but its faab so i could get him if i had to. Just not impressed from what I've watched. I just dont think he will take Hydes role conpletely if he gets injured, i think itd be more of a committee and then id have a hard time deciding to start him each week.

6 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Any Hyde owners not rostering breida? 

Really want to drop him but Hyde scares the hell out of me

Had him on my team but I dropped him this week for higher upside players on the wire. Which of course means, Hyde is going to get hurt this week.