NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Matt Breida 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

7 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Any Hyde owners not rostering breida? 

Really want to drop him but Hyde scares the hell out of me

I think those that invested in Hyde (at least the majority) didn't invest in Carlos Hyde, but Kyle Shannahan. Because of this, I think it would be foolish not to handcuff Hyde due the track record of running backs in this offense, and Hyde's injury history. When waivers rolls around ask yourself, if Carlos Hyde goes down, will this waiver put up as many points as any RB in this system? The answer is usually no, but there are certainly circumstances when you have to go against logic.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i appreciate this kid very much as a Hyde owner ... seems capable of giving Hyde well spent breathers, and can keep the chains moving in his stead - elongating drives, and giving the #1 guy more opportunity for paydirts.

Hyde can't glom all the touches, and Shanny is playing this very well.   

3 hours ago, Sweetness09 said:

Had him on my team but I dropped him this week for higher upside players on the wire. Which of course means, Hyde is going to get hurt this week. 

If it makes u feel any better I’m probably dropping too so we can screw up together. 

Hyde owner here,  if you are positioning for playoffs and hyde is ur rb1 or rb2  u should cuff him with breida but if hyde is ur flex like he is mine or u are deep at rb it doesnt help to stash breida on the bench with byes coming up. Other roster needs come first.  

I lose hyde i'm more likely to put kamara, funchess,miller, white or tate in the flex. I anticipate breida and juscyzyk get the touches with Hyde out and not worth it for me to figure out the splits nor would either one help me win the title in the flex.

Hyde was my choice because he was the best offensive talent on a bad team with guaranteed touches.

Breieda is a good cuff but I'm not sold on him being a game changing talent on a bad offense. 

6 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Hyde owners that come in here to hate on the kid are ghost.

Not hate, just real.. And the topic is getting old.

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I doubt Breida putting up 49 yards grants him lead back from here on out, lets all come back to earth, shall we?

Thanks. The guy had 2 good runs on one drive (13 and 14 yards). Aside from that he was averaging less than 3 ypc.

I'm not trying to sell this guy short,  I just don't think he's anything special. He did exactly what he should have done in that situation filling in for Hyde.

12 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Fellas, you're sleeping on this guy. Shanahan will continue to get this talented athlete more run. Very explosive quick twitched athlete. Hyde is wearing down and the 49ers have to prioritize for the future.

I'm putting in a claim for this kid, got nothing to lose I'm playing with house money. 

Actually I see it as Shannahan creating a muddy situation because there is no criteria for his 'hot hand' and then to make a statement that Hyde is the starter but we will go with a Hyde hand. Particularly when Hyde performed well in 4 games prior.   Difficult to trust a backfield when the coach gives you no clarity.

Shanny should be honest he isnt losing because of the rb performance he is losing because his team collectively is not that talented.  The defense is a sieve, the QB play is erratic and the passing game is subpar. 

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Actually I see it as Shannahan creating a muddy situation because there is no criteria for his 'hot hand' and then to make a statement that Hyde is the starter but we will go with a Hyde hand. Particularly when Hyde performed well in 4 games prior.   Difficult to trust a backfield when the coach gives you no clarity.

Shanny should be honest he isnt losing because of the rb performance he is losing because his team collectively is not that talented.  The defense is a sieve, the QB play is erratic and the passing game is subpar. 

I see a somewhat similar scenario playing out like in Indy. Colts aren't going anywhere this season and while Gore is a respectable seasoned veteran, the fact is that they need to prioritize for the future and give Mack some extended run because Luck ain't coming back to save Pagano's job any time soon.

Shanahan is new, rebuilding the team through his own image, he's got no allegiances to Hyde. The future is now and quite frankly I just don't see Hyde as a part of that.

1 hour ago, throwinsamoan said:

Fellas, you're sleeping on this guy. Shanahan will continue to get this talented athlete more run. Very explosive quick twitched athlete. Hyde is wearing down and the 49ers have to prioritize for the future.

I'm putting in a claim for this kid, got nothing to lose I'm playing with house money. 

nope. 

Alright gentlemen its time to BRElieve in BREIDA!

The Carlos Hyde thread seems to be hijacked by nonsensical Hyde believers still hoping that Hyde somehow gets back to fantasy super stardom. While this may happen, because he is extremely talented,  lets really take a look at why Breida may actually have the leg up for ROS and going forward. Ladies and Gents...It's time to BREED. Enough with the corny phrases, here are the facts:

- The Niners are in the midst of a rebuild. Why invest so much money in an RB when you have an adequate replacement still on a rookie contract for the next several years. Some have made the claim, that Shanny's talk about riding the "hot hand" is strictly about motivating Hyde. This could be one scenario but a more likely scenario is that his contract is up,  they may be weary of paying the UFA top dollar due to health concerns and/or rebuild and they have a replacement on deck that will cost so much less. Just for ***** and giggles, Bell is making over 12 mill per year while guys like Freeman, McCoy and Martin are making way over 7 mill per. Approximately 5 players are making over 6 mill and one could argue that Hyde is more talented than all of the backs in this range. How much money is he likely to command? How many years? How much is guaranteed? Breida on the other hand is making a cool 550K (approx.) annually. Just about 0.23% against the cap.

- In speaking of a rebuild, the Niners are 0-5 and are going nowhere fast in a division in which every team is substantially better. Lets actually look at the first five games. Hyde is only averaging about 67 yds per game on the ground, but seeing some of the comments in the Hyde thread you would think he is all universe averaging over 150yds per game. I hate to do this. I really do but if you take away his 61 yd scamper. Hyde is just averaging 3.7 yds per carry.

- Hyde is banged up (hip). Hyde is always banged up.

-  Shanny Shenanigans. We've seen it in ATL so would it really be that crazy to see it for the ROS in Ninerville?

Coach speak...maybe? Motivation ploy...maybe? However, the numbers (dollar figures and statistics) don't lie.

It's time to BRELieve in BREIDA!

Edited by nonstopfan

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Alright gentlemen its time to BRElieve in BREIDA!

The Carlos Hyde thread seems to be hijacked by nonsensical Hyde believers still hoping that Hyde somehow gets back to fantasy super stardom. While this may happen, because he is extremely talented,  lets really take a look at why Breida may actually have the leg up for ROS and going forward. Ladies and Gents...It's time to BREED. Enough with the corny phrases, here are the facts:

- The Niners are in the midst of a rebuild. Why invest so much money in an RB when you have an adequate replacement still on a rookie contract for the next several years. Some have made the claim, that Shanny's talk about riding the "hot hand" is strictly about motivating Hyde. This could be one scenario but a more likely scenario is that his contract is up,  they may be weary of paying the UFA top dollar due to health concerns and/or rebuild and they have a replacement on deck that will cost so much less. Just for ***** and giggles, Bell is making over 12 mill per year while guys like Freeman, McCoy and Martin are making way over 7 mill per. Approximately 5 players are making over 6 mill and one could argue that Hyde is more talented than all of the backs in this range. How much money is he likely to command? How many years? How much is guaranteed? Breida on the other hand is making a cool 550K (approx.) annually. Just about 0.23% against the cap.

- In speaking of a rebuild, the Niners are 0-5 and are going nowhere fast in a division in which every team is substantially better. Lets actually look at the first five games. Hyde is only averaging about 67 yds per game on the ground, but seeing some of the comments in the Hyde thread you would think he is all universe averaging over 150yds per game. I hate to do this. I really do but if you take away his 61 yd scamper. Hyde is just averaging 3.7 yds per carry.

- Hyde is banged up (hip). Hyde is always banged up.

-  Shanny Shenanigans. We've seen it in ATL so would it really be that crazy to see it for the ROS in Ninerville?

Coach speak...maybe? Motivation ploy...maybe? However, the numbers (dollar figures and statistics) don't lie.

It's time to BRELieve in BREIDA!

The numbers don't lie? I get it Breida touched the ball more but as to numbers...49 yards, not that impressive. If you BRElieve :unsure: he deserves the lead back role over a JAG stat line then you must be desperate. 

IF he would have put up 15-18 carries for 100+ yards and TD then maybe, just maybe you could reach....there is nothing to see here. 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

San Fran should trade Hyde - would free them both up to do some damage.  Breida has chops, season is in the toilet - wtf not ?

because Hyde is more talented a legit fan favorite, u need to see what his market value is as you play the contract extension game and the guy you really want to take over for next season is on IR. You are not going to run Breida as ur feature rb for the ROS with hoyer and garcon, u gain nothing. 

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

because Hyde is more talented a legit fan favorite, u need to see what his market value is as you play the contract extension game and the guy you really want to take over for next season is on IR. You are not going to run Breida as ur feature rb for the ROS with hoyer and garcon, u gain nothing. 

meh, not advocating for a trade ... just tossing ish at the wall.  

anything but RBBC,  but we shall see.

45 minutes ago, phillyfan461 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3049916

Very interesting comments from Schefter here.  If it comes from his mouth, it holds alot of weight.

of note also is that San Fran released Bowman, Hyde's co-bench warmer last week.  now, Hyde is in no danger of being released, of course ... but management seems very intent on getting things done their way.  would assume Shanny/Lynch can go winless with ownership's good graces still intact, as long as they begin to change the culture. 

granted, i am far from a 49ers follower, and know about as much as any of you do ... but from an outside, objective viewpoint, this seems to be the deal out there. 

in short, i think Breida is looking a hell of a lot better going forward than he did a couple weeks ago.  lotta tackle football left to be played. 

Sounds like a good reason to trade Hyde

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said there’s "not much of a difference" between Matt Breida and Carlos Hyde.

Breida outsnapped Hyde and had 13 touches last week. He's trending up with season-highs in carries the past two games and should remain involved moving forward. The 49ers view Breida as a Tevin Coleman complement to Hyde. Breida doesn't have a ton of standalone value, but would be in line for big workloads if Hyde misses time.
Source: NBC Bay Area
Oct 14 - 3:10

1 minute ago, esoomer said:

Sounds like a good reason to trade Hyde

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said there’s "not much of a difference" between Matt Breida and Carlos Hyde.

Breida outsnapped Hyde and had 13 touches last week. He's trending up with season-highs in carries the past two games and should remain involved moving forward. The 49ers view Breida as a Tevin Coleman complement to Hyde. Breida doesn't have a ton of standalone value, but would be in line for big workloads if Hyde misses time.
Source: NBC Bay Area
Oct 14 - 3:10

If Kyle Shanahan actually believes this, he is an idiot. Hyde is much more talented than Matt Breida, but I think Shanahan just wants to have 'his' guy that he brought in which would be Breida. He is in over his head