Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matt Breida 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you own Hyde or Breida or both the fundamental issue is there is nothing but uncertainty which means you cannot play either with confidence weekly.  There are no indications on usage. 
Trade rumors combined with hot hand coach speak simply means wait and see and be prepared to be surprised with the results.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time we heard the Niners were looking to trade someone the guy was released a few days later (Bowman). Not sure they would just release Hyde, but they would likely take any draft pick for him at this point since they are trying to lose games at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

The last time we heard the Niners were looking to trade someone the guy was released a few days later (Bowman). Not sure they would just release Hyde, but they would likely take any draft pick for him at this point since they are trying to lose games at this point. 

The sooner, the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@#$%.  I'm always too early with guys like this.  I drafted this guy.  Bought into the "it's going to be thunder and lightning" talk.  Then I watched Hyde dominate.  Watched him play when he was supposedly dinged up.  So I let Breida go.  And just now, Shanny decides to move forward with the 2 back committee?  I just can't win with the speculative holds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CooL said:

@#$%.  I'm always too early with guys like this.  I drafted this guy.  Bought into the "it's going to be thunder and lightning" talk.  Then I watched Hyde dominate.  Watched him play when he was supposedly dinged up.  So I let Breida go.  And just now, Shanny decides to move forward with the 2 back committee?  I just can't win with the speculative holds.

Ugh if there is not a clear lead back on this offense I don't know how either one can be fantasy relevant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

if you own Hyde or Breida or both the fundamental issue is there is nothing but uncertainty which means you cannot play either with confidence weekly.  There are no indications on usage. 
Trade rumors combined with hot hand coach speak simply means wait and see and be prepared to be surprised with the results.

So it's kind of like owning Gillislee

 

Starting Breida over Gillislee with slightly more confidence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CooL said:

@#$%.  I'm always too early with guys like this.  I drafted this guy.  Bought into the "it's going to be thunder and lightning" talk.  Then I watched Hyde dominate.  Watched him play when he was supposedly dinged up.  So I let Breida go.  And just now, Shanny decides to move forward with the 2 back committee?  I just can't win with the speculative holds.

 

It's tough sometimes. After week 3 and beyond, you start to look at other speculative adds and have to make that difficult decision on what to do. It happened to me in one league with David Johnson. I drafted him in rd8 in 2015 in two leagues and held onto him for as long as I could before eventually dropping him and David Johnson becoming the David Johnson that we all know later that season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

I dropped this guy weeks ago ... Smh

 

 

I did too and I don't regret it. I despise uncertain situations on my roster and as a result I have Hyde benched because of he hot hand nonsense. I dropped Breida because I wasn't convinced as a cuff he would be much of a difference maker on a bad offense if Hyde went down. After Indy game I was convinced I made the right decision.

He had 10 carries for 50yds and 3 catches for 20 also jusczk and mostert each scored a TD and Hyde also getting goaline work.  So it looks like a potential vulturing backfield that I want no part of.  Add in the difficult upcoming schedule and I have no faith in starting anyone in this backfield,

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Why doesn't anyone have faith that Breida is going to take the majority of the workload? Bunch negative nancies.

 

 

There is a difference between majority of workload a workhorse rb. Indy game putting in the 3 other rb's in the redzone on 3 differnt scores showed me that he is not going to be what I drafted Hyde for which is an every down high volume rb on a bad team. The Rams game, Hyde was given the ball on the goaline 4 x to punch it in. I don't see that same type of workhorse role for Breida. 

Also  I think the Niners have been shopping Hyde since the draft and can't trade him especially since theyr high draft pick is on IR.

Combine that with Hoyer possibly tareting his TE a bit more , I dont have confidence in Breida being the fantasy difference maker weekly if he is the primary rb. I'm not big on vulture backfields if your name is not Shady.

Unreliable backfield going forward and the coach speak isnt helping it

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

I did too and I don't regret it. I despise uncertain situations on my roster and as a result I have Hyde benched because of he hot hand nonsense. I dropped Breida because I wasn't convinced as a cuff he would be much of a difference maker on a bad offense if Hyde went down. After Indy game I was convinced I made the right decision.

He had 10 carries for 50yds and 3 catches for 20 also jusczk and mostert each scored a TD and Hyde also getting goaline work.  So it looks like a potential vulturing backfield that I want no part of.  Add in the difficult upcoming schedule and I have no faith in starting anyone in this backfield,

 

 

whatever you gotta tell yourself

 

i was like this until someone dropped breida this week (ima hyde owner)

 

releived to get him back

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...