NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matt Breida 2017 Season Outlook

46 minutes ago, chrisfish said:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10/15/16478212/carlos-hyde-rumors-49ers-deny-trade-block-adam-schefter

"49ers source tells Adam Schefter Carlos Hyde is not on the trade block."

Wait, what? :mellow:

Picked up Breida because I thought he was going to be traded. I don't want him if Hyde is still there. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Larderland said:

whatever you gotta tell yourself

i was like this until someone dropped breida this week (ima hyde owner)

releived to get him back

I'm a Hyde owner too. i don't think he gets traded and i think as long as he is on the Niners neither Hyde nor Breida are optimal weekly starts given the current news. I have the luxury of having Hunt-Gurley-Hyde-Miller-Kamara-white on my roster so, rostering Breida didn't make sense for my team when I am more focused on upgrading my wr slot. if i thought he was a difference maker with a clear path I would have rostered him. 

Having Breida on my team wouldnt make me feel more confident every week about starting a Niners rb. Hyde is the current starter and I'm not confident about starting him and he is on my bench.

half of the fantasy season is almost over so if you are in a position to tighten up your roster for a playoff run as i am in, Breida is not the guy i'm looking at to win me a title. 

You now have to think of hyde+breida same as demarco+henry, a messy situation that u can't trust and difficult to trade because u have to practically package them. 

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm a Hyde owner too. i don't think he gets traded and i think as long as he is on the Niners neither Hyde nor Breida are optimal weekly starts given the current news. I have the luxury of having Hunt-Gurley-Hyde-Miller-Kamara-white on my roster so, rostering Breida didn't make sense for my team when I am more focused on upgrading my wr slot. if i thought he was a difference maker with a clear path I would have rostered him. 

Having Breida on my team wouldnt make me feel more confident every week about starting a Niners rb. Hyde is the current starter and I'm not confident about starting him and he is on my bench.

half of the fantasy season is almost over so if you are in a position to tighten up your roster for a playoff run as i am in, Breida is not the guy i'm looking at to win me a title. 

You now have to think of hyde+breida same as demarco+henry, a messy situation that u can't trust and difficult to trade because u have to practically package them. 

I think the biggest difference between the Demarco/Henry situation is Hyde's injury propensity.  Hyde's already had the hip this year:

Dec 24, 2016 NFL Knee MCL Tear Grade 3 Hyde tore his MCL in Week 16 action and it cost him the last game of the season.
Oct 16, 2016 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain  Hyde suffered a sprained right shoulder and was sidelined the next two games.
Aug 26, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 3 Hyde suffered a concussion in the third game of the preseason.
Aug 26, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Hyde suffered a concussion in the third game of the preseason.
Oct 22, 2015 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture  Hyde fractured his foot in week 5. He was shut down in week 8 and did not return for the rest of the season. He needed surgery to repair the stress fracture.
Sep 20, 2015 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 After taking a hard hit near half time, Hyde was checked for a concussion, he passed but was still sidelined for the rest of the game. He returned the following week.
Sep 20, 2015 NFL Leg Thigh Bruise  No games were missed due to a minor thigh bruise.
Dec 14, 2014 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 Hyde was benched for the fourth quarter against the Seahawks and didn't return for another 2 weeks as a result of a sprained ankle.
Dec 14, 2014 NFL Back Vertebral Disc Hernia  Hyde got pulled awkwardly and injured his back and ankle in week 15. He missed the last 2 games of the season.
6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I think the biggest difference between the Demarco/Henry situation is Hyde's injury propensity.  Hyde's already had the hip this year:

Dec 24, 2016 NFL Knee MCL Tear Grade 3 Hyde tore his MCL in Week 16 action and it cost him the last game of the season.
Oct 16, 2016 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain  Hyde suffered a sprained right shoulder and was sidelined the next two games.
Aug 26, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 3 Hyde suffered a concussion in the third game of the preseason.
Aug 26, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Hyde suffered a concussion in the third game of the preseason.
Oct 22, 2015 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture  Hyde fractured his foot in week 5. He was shut down in week 8 and did not return for the rest of the season. He needed surgery to repair the stress fracture.
Sep 20, 2015 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 After taking a hard hit near half time, Hyde was checked for a concussion, he passed but was still sidelined for the rest of the game. He returned the following week.
Sep 20, 2015 NFL Leg Thigh Bruise  No games were missed due to a minor thigh bruise.
Dec 14, 2014 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 Hyde was benched for the fourth quarter against the Seahawks and didn't return for another 2 weeks as a result of a sprained ankle.
Dec 14, 2014 NFL Back Vertebral Disc Hernia  Hyde got pulled awkwardly and injured his back and ankle in week 15. He missed the last 2 games of the season.

Hyde has an injury history and demarco does too. Henry owners were betting on Demarco breaking down under the workload again as he did last season. So i think they are similar situations the exception being you know what henry is capable of doing on that offense over the last couple of seasons whereas with Breida alot remains to be seen because it is a new offense and he is a rookie with a less defined role.

Either way both a messy situations

Edited by dashoe
11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Hyde has an injury history and demarco does too. Henry owners were betting on Demarco breaking down under the workload again as he did last season. So i think they are similar situations the exception being you know what henry is capable of doing on that offense over the last couple of seasons whereas with Breida alot remains to be seen because it is a new offense and he is a rookie with a less defined role.

Either way both a messy situations

Murray hasn't missed a game since wk 4 of 2015.  I wouldn't put him in the same category with Hyde injury wise but anything can happen.  Breida a decent bench stash... now if you need to start him that's a different conversation.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Why doesn't anyone have faith that Breida is going to take the majority of the workload? Bunch negative nancies.

I don't care if he becomes a bellcow or not. I have both players, I'll react accordingly. What we have now in week 6 is two players who are not safe to play less than two hours before a game. Your wishful thinking doesn't change the state of my roster.

17 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

So whats the deal??? Hydes not going anywhere ,so I guess no reason rostering Breida 

I had to drop jut now to pick up a WR to cover byes next week. Hope to get him back next week as insurance, but won't lose sleep over it.

On 10/15/2017 at 10:50 PM, Sean Tambo said:

So whats the deal??? Hydes not going anywhere ,so I guess no reason rostering Breida 

Hyde could always get hurt, good to stash Breida if you can afford the bench spot.

10 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Hyde could always get hurt, good to stash Breida if you can afford the bench spot.

yep, certainly in play considering Hyde's history ... but ya gotta think Shanny has Hightower on speed dial - can't imagine running a rook QB with a rook RB (Breida) and Mostert in that scenario ... a vet will be signed.

There's gotta be a team in contention that would pay to have Hyde for half a season, yeah? Ravens, Seahawks (same division, but SF out of it), someone?

I'm holding in hopes of getting some clarity soon(ish). I hate to drop a guy who's a couple weeks away from being a starter...maybe...please?

• 2 weeks later...

Breida's circumstances suck, that is for sure, but my story from day one has been that the fantasy community will be impressed with Matt before the season is over, and I'm sticking to it.  And as everyone knows, there is no bigger supporter of Hyde than me, so I have no agenda here, just sincere belief based on what I have seen with my own two eyes.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:03 PM, Rolling Thunder said:

Breida's circumstances suck, that is for sure, but my story from day one has been that the fantasy community will be impressed with Matt before the season is over, and I'm sticking to it.  And as everyone knows, there is no bigger supporter of Hyde than me, so I have no agenda here, just sincere belief based on what I have seen with my own two eyes.

I'm thinking you also believe in him as a dynasty or keeper asset?  I cut bait with him in my 10 team redraft, i just couldn't justify holding him, but I can keep him for only 1% of my overall budget in my keeper league, so I still have him.  Hyde being an UFA after this season definitely increases interest, but he's my end of bench player in that league too and I've been tempted to go with another flier for weeks.

8 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I'm thinking you also believe in him as a dynasty or keeper asset?  I cut bait with him in my 10 team redraft, i just couldn't justify holding him, but I can keep him for only 1% of my overall budget in my keeper league, so I still have him.  Hyde being an UFA after this season definitely increases interest, but he's my end of bench player in that league too and I've been tempted to go with another flier for weeks.

The CS loves Breida (and believes in him).  That much we know. 

At the same time, Hyde has done all he can to endear himself to both Shanahan and Lynch.  I'm convinced that they will make an honest effort to sign Hyde.  Whether that effort succeeds, however, will depend on how other teams value Hyde.  He has done alot to shake the "injury prone" reputation, and his tape from this season will scream vintage Hyde to any FO/CS that is in the market for a premiere RB.  Unless SF inks him now (there have been rumors of on-going contact talks), I'm guessing that another team makes Hyde an offer he can't refuse this off-season.

Edited by Rolling Thunder